• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Super Mario RPG - Review Prediction Thread

What will be the final Metacritic score for Super Mario RPG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eurogamer - 8/10

VGC - 8/10

image.png

Mid to (potentially) high 80s score sounds right to me. Still need to order it.

I'll be real I bounced off SMRPG the few times I tried to play it and didn't think it was as good as PM64 or TTYD, so to me this seems about right. Still a very good game that I'm looking forward to giving another shot, but not the best Mario RPG. I find it slightly overrated by people who grew up in the SNES generation, just imo

Do wish they had added more new content besides additional super bosses in the post game, though I also get not wanting to mess with a great thing too much.

So why does that mean always posting like Sticker Star murdered your parents, Color Splash shot your dog, and The Origami King left you in a bathtub with one kidney?
because they did 😳😳😳

I don’t think Nintendo will make or not make more Mario RPGs off of a remakes score.
if both this and TTYD perform well I can see them getting the hint. The latter is gonna be the bigger barometer imo

because they did 😳😳😳

if both this and TTYD perform well I can see them getting the hint. The latter is gonna be the bigger barometer imo

It’s a good sign Nintendo’s already remaking them, especially TTYD. I honestly don’t think TTYD will sell amazing. It’ll sell less than ToK imo, but it’ll be in the expectations for Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom