• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Super Mario Party Jamboree announced, coming October 17

It's looking great so far, but it's the third Mario Party on the Switch, so it's a shame that sales will likely be much lower.
I hope it manages to reach 10 million units sold.
To be fair it’s also the first one for the successor technically so that helps XD

Anybody else notice there seems to be an 8-player local minigame mode that I assume reuses the expanded battle Royal expanded size minigames?

I really hope Mario Party goes Mario Kart now. Every Mario Party from now on will have 2 remade Mario Party boards from the past.
One day, we'll end up in a car again. In a decade we will see maps from the dark ages of the series and be forced to hop in a car with 3 other players.

I also don't see any Koopa Banks on the board, which makes me a bit sad, since I like to have a chance to win a lot of money. Makes me think if Wiggler's Hootenanny milk event is still a thing.

The Goomba got banished outside the town XD. Tho yeah adapting for gameplay changes always makes sense

I do wish the maps has more boring ole blue spaces because I don't think we need action on the board all of the time. It should always be important to keep gameplay on the board quick and snappy.

I've never bought a Mario Party game myself (have played them with friends) but I thought this was a really positive announcement. The commitment to more content and modes looks like a real effort to respond to criticism of the previous games on Switch, which is positive; the previous two games have sold over 30 million copies together so it's not like they especially needed to take that more bombastic approach but it's good to see.

I also don't see any Koopa Banks on the board, which makes me a bit sad, since I like to have a chance to win a lot of money. Makes me think if Wiggler's Hootenanny milk event is still a thing.

If it’s still there it needs to cost like 50 coins or something

Makes sense (about the route changes). Superstars also made some tweaks to board layouts (the biggest one I can think of is changing how the "Bowser route" on Peach's Birthday Cake worked)

-Sticker reactions
-More than 4 boards that aren't miniscule
-Normal turns and minigame order
-Good cast
-Motion controls optional

Please, please let this mean Mario Party is back for good!
Agree, honestly this is the first Mario party game that I could buy since Mario Party 5.

I kinda hope they nerf custom dice blocks a bit and make the coin economy a little less generous. Superstars threw coins out a little too heavily.

IMO

-Make lucky spaces less likely to give big coin amounts especially early on. Cut amount of lucky spaces by 1/5.
-Make Bowser minigames scarier. They were weak in Superstars. 10 coin loss? Lmao.
-2x coin Minigames cannot happen for coin minigames
-Raise the prices of some items.
-Koopa Banks shoot you dead for bank robbery if you use a Custom Dice block to land on them...okay this one is a joke....except on western land where them having a chance to think you are a robber and blast you away would be funny.

Other wants

-Full custom minigame list option.
-More item variety. Superstar needed a few more items and several were overly rare. Add a couple brand new ones and steal a few from 3/4 and/or adapt a few orbs/hexes from DS/GC games.
-Vs/Battle games are limited to a selection of tenser minigames(can be toggled to be any free for all like in Superstars) Vs spaces either don't fade away or are slightly more plentiful
-Make the A.I better at board gameplay. No matter the setting they were BAD in Superstars. Like using custom blocks to roll a 1 onto a red space in the laser path when the space land laser countdown was low and they could've reached the star AND hit an item space bad and hyper prioritizing lucky spaces. Possibly give three difficulty toggles. A standard for both games/board and a seperate toggle for each if you want tough minigames but don't feel like getting mogged constantly with big brain CPU 4D chess on the board.

Last edited:
I really hope Mario Party goes Mario Kart now. Every Mario Party from now on will have 2 remade Mario Party boards from the past.

I want it all in one game though, or at least more in a single game. Taking all the great classic boards and sprinkling a couple of them over the next six Mario Party games or so is kid of annoying....although I guess it's better than not touching the past boards at all. I can already see myself hopping between Superstars and Jamboree based on which board I want to play.

I still want Pirate Land, Chilly Waters, Bowserland, Spiny Desert, and Waluigi's Island. I was hoping many of these would appear as DLC for Superstars but we got nothing.

It would be amazing if they could just remaster 3 of the above boards and add them to Jamboree so that we have 5 new boards and 5 classic boards.

I kinda hope they nerf custom dice blocks a bit and make the coin economy a little less generous. Superstars threw coins out a little too heavily.

IMO

-Make lucky spaces less likely to give big coin amounts especially early on. Cut amount of lucky spaces by 1/5.
-Make Bowser minigames scarier. They were weak in Superstars. 10 coin loss? Lmao.
-2x coin Minigames cannot happen for coin minigames
-Raise the prices of some items.
-Koopa Banks shoot you dead for bank robbery if you use a Custom Dice block to land on them...okay this one is a joke....except on western land where them having a chance to think you are a robber and blast you away would be funny.

Other wants

-Full custom minigame list option.
-More item variety. Superstar needed a few more items and several were overly rare. Add a couple brand new ones and steal a few from 3/4 and/or adapt a few orbs/hexes from DS/GC games.
-Vs/Battle games are limited to a selection of tenser minigames(can be toggled to be any free for all like in Superstars) Vs spaces either don't fade away or are slightly more plentiful
-Make the A.I better at board gameplay. No matter the setting they were BAD in Superstars. Like using custom blocks to roll a 1 onto a red space in the laser path when the space land laser countdown was low and they could've reached the star AND hit an item space bad and hyper prioritizing lucky spaces. Possibly give three difficulty toggles. A standard for both games/board and a seperate toggle for each if you want tough minigames but don't feel like getting mogged constantly with big brain CPU 4D chess on the board.
Well you weren’t keeping a sharp eye, it’s already been noted that custom dice are gone and Hexes are back! Also a couple items were confirmed and a mysterious new shell item

I've yet to buy a Mario Party on Switch. I was tempted to buy Superstars, but Nintendo didn't bring back the minigame that would have convinced me (Aces High). I wonder if this will be the one to get me. It seems like this could end up being the best one on Switch, or at the very least, the biggest.

Well you weren’t keeping a sharp eye, it’s already been noted that custom dice are gone and Hexes are back! Also a couple items were confirmed and a mysterious new shell item
I think by custom dice they mean the "choose exactly how many spaces you move" custom dice item (which does seem to be back), not the character-specific dice from Super Mario Party (which don't seem to be back)

Custom dice was shown in the mall in one of those shops.

I think by custom dice they mean the "choose exactly how many spaces you move" custom dice item (which does seem to be back), not the character-specific dice from Super Mario Party (which don't seem to be back)
Whoops yeah I meant character dice. But considering we have a 4 times dice booster and 1-10 back, custom dice are a a series staple. I’d love the reverse mushroom back tho

Anybody else notice there seems to be an 8-player local minigame mode that I assume reuses the expanded battle Royal expanded size minigames?

Where did you see this? I've been annoyed Mario Party hasn't supported Switch's 8-player and have been desperately hoping you might be able to do some of the Battle Royale stuff over local wireless or something.

Where did you see this? I've been annoyed Mario Party hasn't supported Switch's 8-player and have been desperately hoping you might be able to do some of the Battle Royale stuff over local wireless or something.

An full 8 player mode would be pretty cool. Naturally some games would need to rebalanced or excluded entirely in that mode and they would need a custom solution or to exclude boards to keep a reasonable pace.

So in the even more modes segment, there’s an 8 player race against wiggler, and then later there’s 6 people fighting the giant bowser.

So in the even more modes segment, there’s an 8 player race against wiggler, and then later there’s 6 people fighting the giant bowser.

ah yeah, looking closely I see that now. And the one where they're trying to put a picture together looks like 8 players exactly 🤔 I wonder if it's foolish to pray for the board mode to be 8-player like Mario Party 7 then 🤔

ah yeah, looking closely I see that now. And the one where they're trying to put a picture together looks like 8 players exactly 🤔 I wonder if it's foolish to pray for the board mode to be 8-player like Mario Party 7 then 🤔
Might just be a minigame sub mode like river rafting blast time

I'm absolutely excited for this game, but there's just one thing I'm kinda sad to see. I'm sad to see Hammer Bro is not available, though there's still the chance he could be an unlockable character.

JP eShop page is up New
JP eShop page is finally up (weird they waited to put this one up last, even after Mario & Luigi and DKCR). Nothing new to see besides the player count for each mode:

Number of Players: 1-4
Number of Players (Online): 1-20
●The number of players varies depending on the play mode.
TV Mode: 1-4 players
Tabletop Mode: 1-4 players
Handheld Mode: 1 player

●The number of players varies when playing with friends over the Internet.
Mario Party, Minigame Harbor: Up to 4 players
Koopathlon: Up to 8 players

Strangely there's currently no reference to local play using multiple systems, a feature Superstars had.

emoting is back? heheheheh i cant wait to use these :devilish:
Video-Capture-20240626-052744.jpg

This is slightly on topic/off topic, but has the site for the Americas gone up yet? I can't really find one for any of the first party announcements during last week's Nintendo Direct (nor any listings at any retailers)?

I haven't seen any NA Eshop listings or retailer preorders for any first party stuff. I want to voucher up for Zelda and Mario Party, is the plan, but just want to make sure they're 100% part of that before I pull the trigger!

Back
Top Bottom