• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Super Mario Party Jamboree announced, coming October 17

Bokuringo

Koopa
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him

Get ready for the biggest #MarioParty yet… Super Mario Party Jamboree launches on #NintendoSwitch October 17th! Take on over 110 minigames, 7 game boards (5 new boards and 2 returning boards), and join up to 20 players head-to-head online in Koopathlon mode!

t's themed around an island resort and features large maps like a race track called Roll 'Em Raceway with map-specific mechanics and a hazardous volcanic board called Goomba Lagoon with environmental hazards. Along with five brand-new boards, Mario's Rainbow Castle from Mario Pary 1 and Western Land from Mario Party 2 are also part of the roster of boards in this new game. There will be over 110 minigames featured in Super Mario Party Jamboree including a few that take advantage of Joy-Con motion controls. There is also a separate online competitive mode for up to 20 players to take part in minigames.

source: https://www.ign.com/articles/super-mario-party-jamboree-revealed-nintendo-direct-2024

Last edited:
As long as the regular gameplay is improved from regular Super, I will be there. Mario's Rainbow Castle and Western Land are both favourites of mine!

Looks like they finally learned you can have more than 5 boards.

This is a Super Mario Party sequel though, did they confirm you can use buttons?

This looks like the best Mario Party in years, but I'm getting really sick of the deluge of Mario games. A new Animal Crossing spin-off would have been a welcome change at this point.

I hope they bring back Partner Mode. I enjoyed that mode much more than the traditional party mode. Having both modes will make this this my most anticipated game.

Maybe Diddy Kong is an unlockable? He's one of Nintendo's biggest characters. It sucks he keeps being not included in Mario spinoffs.

This looks really really good. With the unique board mechanics, it looks like ND Cube have finally figured out how to make an engaging Mario Party of their own.

Back to no handheld mode, I guess. Switch lite owners will be left out again. Boooo!
Is Switch lite compatible with joycons? Plus, a game with focus on multiplayer offline on a single player portable machine will not be the ideal.

Is Switch lite compatible with joycons?
Yes but how do you even play this with Joycons? The screen is too small to view from a distance.

Plus if it's anything like Super Mario party, game won't run on Lite at all.

7 boards is amazing, I skipped Superstars but I'm getting this.

I did love SMP except for its meager boards, I think pure joycon controls are perfect for this series.

Plus playable Ninji!

This is a sure purchase for me.
A full effort Mario Party with everything I could want. Was kinda blown away.

It's overshadowed by other announcements but secretly one of the highlights of the direct.

I'm excited for this game. I'm curious if it'll play exactly like the 1st SMP or if they'll adjust the friendliness of the gameplay. I'll have to rewatch but I am cautiously excited for the online aspect of the game.

Mario Party – 50 minigames
Mario Party 2 – 65 minigames
Mario Party 3 – 71 minigames
Mario Party 4 – 62 minigames
Mario Party-e – 11 minigames
Mario Party 5 – 75 minigames
Mario Party 6 – 82 minigames
Mario Party 7 – 88 minigames
Mario Party 8 – 73 minigames
Mario Party 9 – 81 minigames
Mario Party 10 – 73 minigames
Mario Party Advance – 50 minigames
Mario Party DS – 73 minigames
Mario Party: Island Tour – 81 minigames
Mario Party: Star Rush – 53 minigames
Super Mario Party – 84 minigames

This looks actually cool. Hoping for an option between button controls and move controls. Personally I'm fine with move, but my buddy who is a huge fan of MP can't stand the Super Mario Party move controls.

These boards look so much better than the SMP ones! Glad to see Stars are back at 20 coins too.

If they had combined the content from Superstars with this, it would be the perfect Mario Party. But I’m super excited for this.

lordy lordy

looks like this is going to be the best Mario Party game on Switch

only downside I see is that they forgot yet again to invite my girl Pauline :cry:

but it is an election year tho, maybe she was just too busy for them

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. I started losing hype for the Mario Party series after the many changes later in the Gamecube, then into the Wii era.

Will pick it up. Most interested in playing with friends around a couch and that 20-person mode online.

Look I'm here for the minigames but rewatched the trailer and seeing all the lucky spaces is a little deflating lmao. An inflated economy just ruins any bit of strategy and need to win minigames.

But stars seem to be back to 20 coins so that's good.

I hope this means that Mario Party is now considered an important franchise for Nintendo. The original Super and Superstars had good ideas, but it felt that those two needed more budget and/or time in the oven, and they weren't worth $60 IMHO. It seems that this new entry won't suffer from that.

Box Art New

1718727568858.png

I hope this means that Mario Party is now considered an important franchise for Nintendo. The original Super and Superstars had good ideas, but it felt that those two needed more budget and/or time in the oven, and they weren't worth $60 IMHO. It seems that this new entry won't suffer from that.
Well I think both games selling over 10M units means it's important haha. But yes I agree with you I just don't know how much better NDCube can do themselves ya know?

I definitely think that Super was a great game that doesn't deserve its reception online

This just blows it out of the water in every way! TOAD TIME BAYBEE

I thought Super was a good base, and Superstars was a solid return to form hampered by not quite enough content

I'm optimistic that with this third Switch Mario Party, they'll properly stick the landing outright

I thought Super was a good base, and Superstars was a solid return to form hampered by not quite enough content

I'm optimistic that with this third Switch Mario Party, they'll properly stick the landing outright
it's funny that they led the trailer with a map from Mario Party 1. Of course the worst one but still. We get 2 old boards that probably should've been put in Superstars.

This looks so good, a mix between super and superstars. The boards look great and 7 of them are great.

It's been a while since I jumped out the Mario Party train, but this one almost made me want to go back.

If friends dropping by my house to play games were common, I'd absolutely jump in. I need online boards, Nintendo.

looks like you can opt out of motion controls and still play the game normally with the lite and pro controller. Also online games won't have motion controlled minigames as well which is interesting.

Oh thank goodness, that may have just secured my purchase. I'm not an anti-motion control person, especially not for a party game, but all of my Joy-Cons are essentially unusable at this point.

Does the game have regular online play as well, like just the regular boards / 4 player games? I played a lot of Superstars that way (and it was previously patched in to Super as well) so I imagine it will. Really looking forward to this, it looks fantastic.

looks like you can opt out of motion controls and still play the game normally with the lite and pro controller. Also online games won't have motion controlled minigames as well which is interesting.

Thanks goodness, I thought it looked fire until they showed motion controls. The nail hitting and aubergine cutting was giving Wii vibes.

Hm, I'm okay with online not having motion controlled minigames, but then again, I have friends who are going to miss that. Thanks for the heads-up. Can you give me a link to that, since I didn't saw it on the official Nintendo page. (the Dutch version at least)

Hm, I'm okay with online not having motion controlled minigames, but then again, I have friends who are going to miss that. Thanks for the heads-up. Can you give me a link to that, since I didn't saw it on the official Nintendo page. (the Dutch version at least)
I can see it on the UK page here

Honestly I was pretty okay with Super Mario Party. Only thing I was looking for were more better boards, and we're getting them!

Motion-controlled minigames require a Joy-Con controller and are not available when playing online. Motion-controlled minigames are not compatible with Nintendo Switch Lite or Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, but button-controlled minigames can still be played when using these consoles/ accessories.
Oh so Switch Lite is still supported. This was all I needed to know.

There's 21 characters in the opening, 13 on the heroes, 8 on bowsers crew. So maybe 5 or so unlockables? Would be shocked if Diddy wasn't one(would love K Rool tho). Ninji’s are already confirmed as unlockables due to gameplay
With 20 player online you have to have some extras since you don’t allow dupes. So 30 overall wouldn’t shock me. Super had unlocks too, tied to modes.

Darn, this is honestly disappointing to me. I mean, it’s a good thing that this makes it accessible to more people, but it also means the motion controls have been downplayed compared to the original Super Mario Party. Not being able to play motion control minigames online is particularly disappointing, though I doubt I’ll be playing this game online much at all anyway, I guess.

Was literally thinking to myself how nice it would be to once again have truly unique and inspired Mario Party boards. This seems to be just that! Can't wait, it looks fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom