• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Summer Game Fest officially announced for June 9th (11AM PT/2PM ET/6PM GMT)

Any idea of the participants?

EDIT: I have seen the list of partners for the whole event on the website, but I'm wondering if they're all involved in the showcase or some may have their own events in the rest of the month :)

tumblr_nibcdp6OI41qd479ro6_400.gifv

ARMORED CORE PLS

Also to add hoping to hear about some Capcom titles like SF6, Exoprimal and Pragmata.

Last edited:
Last SGF had some neat games, better than TGA anyway.
The thing with this event is that we don't know who is taking part yet, if there is no Xbox/Nintendo/Sony I expect only a couple of major titles due to most major titles being announced in the big 3 events.

Is this also going to have the TGA thing:

"WORLD PREMIER*, EXCLUSIVE** ON CONSOLE***

*premier: actually released on youtube 3 hours ago
**Exclusivity limited to the first 3 months
****Console: Xbox/PS launch date PC one day later"

Now that we know when this and the Microsoft conference are, I wonder what Nintendo will do.

Imagine if this happens on the same day as the Nintendo Direct.
Nintendo usually likes to go after these conferences, but without E3 it's hard to say. I doubt it'd be the same day as this though.

C'mon Nintendo, start talking to Geoff and join in on this! Let's get some of the gaming industry pageantry back in for the month June! Let's get something fun to look forward to as a community.

I really hope Nintendo is going to annouced something for their Summer Direct sonner rather than later... I hate to wait... come on Nintendo do something!

Microsoft is doing their presentation after so they’ll probably throw Geoff some bones after they finish their presentation.

C'mon Nintendo, start talking to Geoff and join in on this! Let's get some of the gaming industry pageantry back in for the month June! Let's get something fun to look forward to as a community.
I would rather see Nintendo do their own presentation so I don't have to watch this thing hoping/waiting something Nintendo related happens

The only thing I can think of that I really want to see that may or may not show up here is the new FFXVI trailer.

They said "next update, spring 2022", and I'm not sure if Yoshi-P's comment about it being in final stages of development was it.

I doubt I'd be able to watch this; I don't think I'd take the time away from work for it. A June Direct on the other hand...

Armored Core would be sick, I feel it's kinda early though but who knows, maybe Geoff is buddy buddy enough with From for that debut reveal now.
FFXVI I imagine would be at a Sony event but I'm very excited for it either way, surely it'll be shown around this timeframe too.

I somehow missed this. Is this game actually coming this year? Could it be a holiday title, or will it be early 2023ish?
Sounds like a February/March 2023 release to me, but this year would be great too ! I just have trouble imagining the next trailer saying "oh it's out in 4 months by the way" when we have seen so few of it so far lol, doesn't sound like a typical Square Enix marketing cycle for a major release.

Nintendo acted "like expected" this year so far, so probably we WILL get a Direct around the same week, right? I ask so, because I'm pretty confident that this event will be slim, about Switch contents

tumblr_nibcdp6OI41qd479ro6_400.gifv

ARMORED CORE PLS

Also to add hoping to hear about some Capcom titles like SF6, Exoprimal and Pragmata.
Hell yeah, Armored Core~!

As for Capcom, I'm personally hoping for some timely reveals of some stuff we've "known about" for awhile. Namely, Dragon's Dogma 2 and "Mega Man Match".

The former stands to be the culmination of what Itsuno and pals have been busy with since main development on DMC5 ended, as well as coming back to a dark horse property after so long away, while "dark fantasy action rpgs" have also had plenty of changes in the decade since the first game came out. The latter is supposed to be the most amount of money and development that Capcom have spent on Mega Man in ages, and, hopefully, still in time for the series' 35th anniversary.

Bandai Namco is the company to watch for imo, they have 0 games announced from BNS and it's the turn for most of BNS big series outside of Tales Of to get a new entry maybe not this year but I expect BNS to release quite a bit of games in 2023/2024 (not counting Nintendo contract work).

Not going to be giving any Keighley vehicle my views but ok, good to know when to see a handful of announcements on YouTube.

He should start the show on how they’re trying to help the employees of the game industry. They open a hotline for a reason.

Like, now show what actions you’re taking. And apologize for showing a Cage game trailer

Nintendo will be stapled on as “apart” of the event much like last time. I don’t expect them to work in any capacity with Geoff.
True

I wonder if they aren’t “announced” yet because they haven’t technically announced their direct, but Geoff will claim it once they do

After sitting through TGA last year I’m not gonna subject myself to anything Keighly is involved with again

“More to be announced”

The only big companies really missing are Ubisoft and Nintendo I feel like
Big publishers missing:
Koei Tecmo
Ubisoft
Nintendo
Konami
Embracer/THQ Nordic
Rockstar
CDPR

I may forget some but these are the big missing ones and a lot of mid tier JP publishers are missing but expected (Marvelous,Spike Chunsoft, etc)

Last edited:
I said this in the main Nintendo thread, but it feels relevant here, too: Nintendo giving Geoff the cold shoulder is literally clearing my skin and making my hair grow back. I'm glowing. We stan.

It's my main worry. Because they don't want any relation with Summer Game Fest, Nintendo'll wait to announce its Direct until they finish.
I strongly doubt Nintendo care that much, nor do I even think Nintendo is skipping SGF because of their image or whatever. They'll do their direct in June if they want to.

I strongly doubt Nintendo care that much, nor do I even think Nintendo is skipping SGF because of their image or whatever. They'll do their direct in June if they want to.
Yea, Nintendo is going to do what they want. They don’t seem to care for the Keighly events that much aside from the occasional bone throw.

That said, kinda surreal that next week we’ll have this, WWDC, and hopefully a Direct.

It's my main worry. Because they don't want any relation with Summer Game Fest, Nintendo'll wait to announce its Direct until they finish.
Nintendo doesn’t want to participate with Keighly, but that doesn’t mean that Nintendo doesn’t want Keighly sharing their stuff. More shares=More views. More views= more potential costumers.

It's probably that Nintendo doesn’t want to pay him.

Back
Top Bottom