• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - General Discussion Thread

merp

Darknut
Pronouns
He/him

Trailer is BASED.

Just like this clip...

(Watch it.)

Also, another meme:

Okay, I'm done.

Anyways, I want to make this into an OT thread, but for now, it'll be a random "Discussion Thread."

I'm not going to lie: when I saw the "Final Trailer" for Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, I looked down on the summary of the YouTube video and saw "March 18, 2022." I was immediately disappointed and realized that this wasn't the "Launch Trailer" or anything.

Anyways, discuss!

Edit:

Almost forgot. If the mods want to make this thread by @the_marmolade then go ahead. I may have overstepped my boundaries here.

The demo wasn’t inpressive in any way, but I’m still hoping it’ll be a good game in the end. I’m weak for grinding game with classes to level up.

The demo wasn’t inpressive in any way, but I’m still hoping it’ll be a good game in the end. I’m weak for grinding game with classes to level up.
I'm not too concerned about the gameplay as I'm sure it'll improve as the game goes along.

I am so excited for this. I’m not really a fan of Souls games but FF1 was the game that got me into RPGs as a child. Even if I hate the gameplay, I’ll be stoked to watch other people play it for the nostalgia.

I hope so, it didn’t feel like anything special. But I want it to be awesome.

Peep stuff like this if you want a sample of why a lot of us see the potential in this game:

(cc: @merp, as this sort of stuff REALLY should be in the OP of the OT too, instead of just "ha ha Chaos go brrrr" meme fodder!)

Much like the Nioh games before it, a lot of us are here in the first place because of the potential fun and depth of SoP's combat system.

Some were already finding interesting ways of tearing the last demo apart, as it was!

And here's another showcase accompanied by thoughts and explanations by a fellow Nioh player:

What will be fun to see, once all the game's jobs are opened up, is all the possible synergy thereof. You can cancel combos/specials from one job to another, and keep the pressure on enemies.

And I'm sure those who prefer to use the power of "math" will probably find interesting builds to help them melt enemies, too!

I'm totally in. The two demos were very fun, and both Nioh games are terrific and I love Final Fantasy. I'm not even sure what could go wrong here. I have complete faith in Team Ninja.

Peep stuff like this if you want a sample of why a lot of us see the potential in this game:

(cc: @merp, as this sort of stuff REALLY should be in the OP of the OT too, instead of just "ha ha Chaos go brrrr" meme fodder!)

Much like the Nioh games before it, a lot of us are here in the first place because of the potential fun and depth of SoP's combat system.

Some were already finding interesting ways of tearing the last demo apart, as it was!

And here's another showcase accompanied by thoughts and explanations by a fellow Nioh player:

What will be fun to see, once all the game's jobs are opened up, is all the possible synergy thereof. You can cancel combos/specials from one job to another, and keep the pressure on enemies.

And I'm sure those who prefer to use the power of "math" will probably find interesting builds to help them melt enemies, too!

That may be why you want to play this game, but I just want to play as Jack Garland.

Is that too much to ask?

That may be why you want to play this game, but I just want to play as Jack Garland.

Is that too much to ask?

Not at all! Just like I think it's not too much to ensure this aspect of the game is something that more people are made aware of in its OT/Discussion Thread, as well!

Not at all! Just like I think it's not too much to ensure this aspect of the game is something that more people are made aware of in its OT/Discussion Thread, as well!
Oh, err, I was making a joke that time; I actually agree with what you said.

Though I was kinda-sorta serious in that going through Jack Garland's story would be cool to me, haha.

Just a heads up, this been out for a couple hours on Steam now. I'm gonna test it on Deck to see how it goes, I don't expect it to go well but hey!

I got this last week, beat the pirate boss. Going to continue with it once I'm done with RE4 Remake. Game is good.

Back
Top Bottom