• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Stephen Totilo - Nintendo says some of the original Mario & Luigi developers are working on Brothership

This is the third release of the game, since it also exists on Nintendo 3DS.

I love this game, I will probably buy it the first day, I see a great personal value because for accessibility reasons it was difficult for me to play on Wii and I did not have it on Nintendo 3DS.

However, even as a fan, I think you can objectively differentiate between ports that add value (like improvements to Mario kart 8, like Bowser Fury added to an improved version of Super Mario 3D world, like the work done on Metroid Prime remaster) and re-releases like Pikmin 1+2, luigi’s Mansion 2, or Donkey Kong Country Returns in HD.

In my opinion, it is not about evaluating the work of developers at the time, it is about, on the contrary, to value the magnitude of the work now. I will buy the game because I like what it is, so my opinion is not necessarily related to my personal taste, rather a correlation between the investments made and the expected returns.

And that doesn’t prevent us from hoping for more such ports in the coming months, but I don’t think it’s disrespectful to differentiate between the work done on Arlo HD and Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD. Even if in reality the second game interests me much more than the first personally.
I mean I feel even just putting a game on a more widespread system adds value, but I do agree that bowsers fury was a really nice get for mario 3d world and its sad that say donkey Kong or luigi mansion doesn't have that.the remake I'm happiest with lately is mario RPG. It made the game feel so modern

the only reason they appear in there is because they co-own the IP (or the game like HW). copyright has nothing to do on who develop what but which companies own or co-own it. There's a reason Square Enix kingdom hearts has no SE copyright and only disney, even though they both publish and develop it lol
Ah yes, I used these two examples as they were mentioned in the post I had quoted. But there are other cases where the other company does not have ownership of the IP, but their name is still credited as the co-developer in the copyright information. Truthfully, I'm not sure in what circumstances this needs to happen for:

DeC9ZciUwAABx_H.jpg-large-1200x675.jpg

320px-The_Legend_of_Zelda-_Tri_Force_Heroes-title.png

Staff Communication
Hello everyone,

Since this thread is getting a bit heated, a reminder that stepping away from an argument is always a valid option. Taking a step back doesn't mean admitting you're wrong, or that you're conceding a point; just that you're disengaging for a bit.

Also, a reminder that you can always use Famiboards' ignore function if you don't want to see another user's posts. You can find more information on the site functions guide.

-Tangerine_Cookie, meatbag, Zellia, BassForever

Back
Top Bottom