• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Stellar Blade Will Be THE DOWNFALL of Sony [Mega64]

It's very funny how this game banked everything on appealing to right-wing tools and then managed to upset right-wing tools because they added a little bit of clothing.

Saw this when lurking Era. I have no prior experience of Mega64 as a channel when I saw the thread and I had to make a double take when I saw the thumbnail, because a video like that could seriously actually exist.

Saw this when lurking Era. I have no prior experience of Mega64 as a channel when I saw the thread and I had to make a double take when I saw the thumbnail, because a video like that could seriously actually exist.
I'd be shocked if it didn't exist in some form 👀

I'd be shocked if it didn't exist in some form 👀
It literally already does. It was posted in General Discussion a week or so ago and the people who were talking in it sounded like this but without the self-awareness

Mega64 is legendary; I’d highly recommend going through some of their old videos. Tons of genuinely funny shit, and they’re shockingly well-connected to high-ranking figures within the industry.

Like that time they made an official Nintendo announcement trailer for their E3 2014 plans:

(And then did it again in 2015!)

Or that time they got the creator of Final Fantasy to star in one of their skits;

Though their public skits are also incredible, and some of the finest examples of second-hand embarrassment around:

Seriously, their channel is deeply underrated for how long it’s been putting out good stuff.

Ah yes, the thing that will end Sony is making a game with a woman on the cover like 0.5% less objectifying, leaving it as still extremely so. Clearly a sweeping power play in a global culture war.

I’m an expert and Sony just shot themselves in the foot etc etc copy/paste

hn1lwGE.gif

i never was a fan, but i always had a hunch i have heard the name somewhere before...

now i got it. it reminded me of a german Gamecube/nintendo magazine back then.
Quite some research later (15 minutes, not easy to find): mag64.de
(says its not secure since its still only using http...but the site didnt really change for 20 years, so...)

OT:
yeah, watching it... i just don't gel with their humor and presentation... while still seeing that there definitely is talent in what they do.

Seriously, their channel is deeply underrated for how long it’s been putting out good stuff.
I've known them around 2010 when a french TV channel focusing on geek culture (Game One) showed a skit of them (I think it was the Assassin's Creed one) and I immediately became a big fan and went on to subscribe to them.

Been following them ever since, and it was only like... Around when their Flame War Theater series started (GOATED series by the way), 4 or 5 years ago, that I realized they only have 600k subscribers. I was shocked, I always imagined they had millions of subscribers.

These people been doing funny shit since the early 2000s (I think some of their videos go as early as from the very late 90s even ?), has made skit with Kojima, Kamiya, Sakaguchi, Miyamoto, Ken Kutaragi, Gabe Newell, Suzuki, and many many more... (personally love Keighley's "holy shit, werewolves !! drops his camera FUCK !!!")
And they haven't grown much in popularity, and are somewhat rather niche ? So weird to me.

I've known them around 2010 when a french TV channel focusing on geek culture (Game One) showed a skit of them (I think it was the Assassin's Creed one) and I immediately became a big fan and went on to subscribe to them.

Been following them ever since, and it was only like... Around when their Flame War Theater series started (GOATED series by the way), 4 or 5 years ago, that I realized they only have 600k subscribers. I was shocked, I always imagined they had millions of subscribers.

These people been doing funny shit since the early 2000s (I think some of their videos go as early as from the very late 90s even ?), has made skit with Kojima, Kamiya, Sakaguchi, Miyamoto, Ken Kutaragi, Gabe Newell, Suzuki, and many many more... (personally love Keighley's "holy shit, werewolves !! drops his camera FUCK !!!")
And they haven't grown much in popularity, and are somewhat rather niche ? So weird to me.
Yeah the fact that they've done presentations for Nintendo, video segments for game awards, that sweded DBZ series that ha a ton of gaming celebrities come out for the finale (where else will you see Kojima, Sakaguchi, Newell, and Kamiya in the same video?) and yet they remain relatively niche, is kinda wild to me. They aughta be huge.

Yeah the fact that they've done presentations for Nintendo, video segments for game awards, that sweded DBZ series that ha a ton of gaming celebrities come out for the finale (where else will you see Kojima, Sakaguchi, Newell, and Kamiya in the same video?) and yet they remain relatively niche, is kinda wild to me. They aughta be huge.
On the flipside, if you're gonna be niche, I guess your niche can be a lot worse than successful game directors and executives

I'm mad I'm just now seeing this on here today, cause I saw it yesterday on Era and died lmao.

So accurate. I forget how hilarious Mega64 is sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom