• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News SteamWorld Heist II announced for PC and consoles, coming August 8th

Awesome. The first Steamworld Heist is probably a Top 5 Indie game on Switch for me. I really enjoyed it.

Cool. Still got some time to decide whether to play the first on my 3DS, Wii U or Switch copy until then!

Although I never noticed before how these robots are too lanky-legged for my complete comfort.

Heist is probably my favorite Steamworld title (though I haven't played Quest) so super down for this

Cant describe how happy I am about this.

Peak Image & Form (together with Dig 2)

I had a hunch about there being a new Steamworld game coming the last few days, they've been very talkative about the franchise on twitter as of late and heck and even liked my weird tweet the other day :)

Really great announcement! Hope it stays around the same play length as the other Steamworld games.

Dig 2 is my fav but Heist is right up there. Really good quality strategy game that even feels fun for people like me who aren't super into strategy lol.

Super cool announcement!

I really liked the first one, and it's very friendly to newcomers of the genre. Cool they also added an explorable map

2D X-Com is the perfect way to describe it
Kind of, if we could actually move our aiming crosshair around in XCom too.

But since I remember missing even though I'm standing next to target (just like missing 99% chance in XCom), I guess they share that same trait lol.

I will have to finish the first one, but will most likely pick it up. Have all the steamworld games expect the "city builder" which name I cannot remember.

FWIW, seems like Steam Powered Giraffe didn't make the full sound track this time, just selected tracks. (The trailer says: "Featuring music by Steam Powered Giraffe".)

I really loved playing the first game on 3DS all those years ago, so I’m ecstatic to see a sequel finally happening! Cool that Steam Powered Giraffe is involved again as well.

Kind of, if we could actually move our aiming crosshair around in XCom too.

But since I remember missing even though I'm standing next to target (just like missing 99% chance in XCom), I guess they share that same trait lol.
2D Valkyria Chronicles without the Capture the Flag aspect or the tanks?

2D Valkyria Chronicles without the Capture the Flag aspect or the tanks?
Yeah I think that's a more apt comparison. Except often in Heist, you can have bullets bounce off walls (richoet), so sometimes it's like I'm playing a game of billards, lol. Find an awkward angle for that chance of a headshot.

FWIW, seems like Steam Powered Giraffe didn't make the full sound track this time, just selected tracks. (The trailer says: "Featuring music by Steam Powered Giraffe".)
They've made 15 original songs for the game. There'd be title and end music, they play on radios and at venues where you see the band actually playing, as well as some after special battles, but like the first Heist the ambient background music is made in-house.

Those comparisons aren't right. Let me. I know how to sell a game:

It's Code Name S.T.E.A.M. where every character is Tin Man.

I really loved playing the first game on 3DS all those years ago, so I’m ecstatic to see a sequel finally happening! Cool that Steam Powered Giraffe is involved again as well.
How times has changed since then. Gone seems the days when indie devs made highly tailor-made game experiences for a target platform.

I do wonder who will handle the physical release. Hopefully Super Rare Games again, they did a good job with Steamworld Quest's physical release.

2D TRPG with worms physics (realtime physics of your attacks). Is what it looks like.

Probably something I'll enjoy. Though I never finish these types of games...

I always sing The Great Mighty Poo's song mentally when I see your name.
Wc48uO.gif

Back
Top Bottom