• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Stardew Valley 1.6 Update detailed, includes multiple new festivals, a new farm type, and more! [Update! Out now on PC]

just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-me-back-in.gif

Every time I have to tell my wife Haunted Chocolatier isn’t out yet she gets so MAD. Thank you for making my wife happy Eric Barone

1.6 update is content complete. It's now in the bugfixing/polishing phase. There is no release date planned but his post for 1.5 where he said it was being polished and bugfixed occurred about 5 weeks before release.

Also....the anniversary for Stardew is exactly a month from now.

It's insane to me that he's still somehow releasing significant updates to this game like 8 years later 🤯 Need to return to this game sometime soon...

It's insane to me that he's still somehow releasing significant updates to this game like 8 years later 🤯 Need to return to this game sometime soon...
And for the price of the game. I don't think people understand how much content is in this game for the price. It's so cheap and it's packed with content. This is the kinda dev that you just trust. You can see and feel the passion he puts into his game. It's why everyone is excited for his next game and we can wait however long he needs to get it out.

And tbh this may just be his last update for Stardew. HC could come out next year and then it's onto the 1.1 update for it.

Incoming!
1.6 update is content complete. It's now in the bugfixing/polishing phase. There is no release date planned but his post for 1.5 where he said it was being polished and bugfixed occurred about 5 weeks before release.

Also....the anniversary for Stardew is exactly a month from now.
You can't just say that and not include the tweet!

You can't just say that and not include the tweet!

ik ik ik. It's just I'm on desktop and im not signed into twitter so it is very annoying to find the tweet (tweets are not chronological if you are not signed in) and even then there is an error 90% of the time when i want to share the tweet lmao.

and im lazy

And tbh this may just be his last update for Stardew. HC could come out next year and then it's onto the 1.1 update for it.

Concerned Ape will program his mind into a cyborg and have it keep making content for Stardew Valley long after he dies.

I always wanted to start a new farm on this... maybe it'll be time to do that when 1.6 drops.

I really wonder how much it’s sold on switch

I’d figure it would almost have to be atleast half around 15+ million. It’s been on the top downloads on switch virtually every single week since 2017 so I’d figure that range would have to be like the minimum

edit: beaten but here's a fun little nugget from the guy who made the stardew valley expanded mod.

For all the love and hype SVE gets especially to work directly with Barone, I'm surprised he hasn't opened up the possibility of porting SVE to consoles as an optional free DLC pack

I already have a modded save file on my Steam Deck. Does this mean I'll have to start a new game, or do I wait and see if mods get updated for compatibility?

I already have a modded save file on my Steam Deck. Does this mean I'll have to start a new game, or do I wait and see if mods get updated for compatibility?
You'll have to update to SMAPI 4.0 and then it'll check if your mods are compatible before it loads your save. It'll depend on each individual mod to be updated to be compatible but most already are.

You'll have to update to SMAPI 4.0 and then it'll check if your mods are compatible before it loads your save. It'll depend on each individual mod to be updated to be compatible but most already are.
Thank you! I'll check it out when I get to it. There goes my social life.

How long does it usually take for stardew valley patches arrive on consoles?
I just bought it and wonder, if I should wait for the update to hit before starting the game.

Figured this would be a good time to jump into SVE for the first time. Only ever played vanilla, excited for the new experience.

I wanted to finish new games this year...
The timing is so bad for me too. I'm a big baseball fan and two mlb games came out the last week. I've had to ditch one for the time being. And rimworld is getting DLC, which people think is coming on the day of the eclipse lol. So I'm screwed.

How long does it usually take for stardew valley patches arrive on consoles?
I just bought it and wonder, if I should wait for the update to hit before starting the game.
Roughly a month, though Eric has said he wants to make that time shorter.

Back
Top Bottom