• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Star Wars Jedi: Survivor |ST| Outwit. OutLightsaber. OutBlaster. - UP: Reviews

aus89

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
1500x500

YTT3S7J.png

RELEASE DATE
April 28th 2023

PRICE
$69.99 USD RRP

PLATFORMS
PS5, Xbox Series, PC

STORAGE REQUIREMENTS
PS5/XBOX Series X/PC: Around 150GB | Xbox Series S: 44GB
| Download required for physical editions

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PRE-LOAD INFORMATION
April 25th -
8am PT: Steam/EA App | 9pm PT: PS5/Xbox

star-wars-jedi-divider-xl.png

1tQDbbu.png

Mf1bvnW.png

uUDjmmM.png

No longer a Padawan, Cal has matured and grown into a powerful Jedi Knight. As the memories and expectations of the Jedi Order weigh on him, his crusade against the Empire has only become more perilous. It's time for Cal to decide how far he’s willing to go to save those closest to him.

Cal's story continues in an epic new adventure that will push Cal further than ever as he fights to protect the galaxy from descending into darkness.
1wLzt2C.png
3bxGP8d.png

Uncover the secrets of the Jedi Chambers, master new skills, equipment, and abilities as you traverse new planets and revisit familiar frontiers.

The Galaxy is full of stories, secrets, and treasures to uncover for those willing to face the dangers that lay off the beaten path. Utilizing Cal’s new traversal skills, equipment, and rideable creatures, players can explore and fight in more ways than ever.

e8lVcVL.png

eF2e0Tx.png

Leverage Cal’s growing Force abilities to strategically overcome obstacles, defeat opponents, and solve the mysteries that lay in Cal’s path.

The cinematic combat system from Jedi: Fallen Order returns with new Force abilities including Force Confusion which allows players to turn enemies against each other briefly, and Tame giving the ability to mount various creatures to navigate the environment for faster traversal or puzzle solving.

p3pXoCj.png

78hkjc5.png

Set five years after the events of Jedi: Fallen Order, Cal is a much more capable fighter right from the start of Jedi: Survivor, with three saber stances available right from the beginning of the game: Single blade, double-bladed, and an expanded dual blade stance.

Dual Blade stance is great for high octane, versatile combat but requires more finesse than other stances. You take more damage, but attack faster and have an array of unique combos. It's also the only stance where you’re able to dodge or guard cancel the startup animations of an attack.

The new Crossguard heavy stance is powerful, but slow; and the flashy new Blaster stance allows Cal to perform blaster and lightsaber combos, wielding one in each hand to dispatch foes in creative and visually spectacular ways, but he must attack with his saber to replenish his blaster rounds.

s1wwa8M.png

d0YhUiV.png

Pushed to the edges of the galaxy by the brutal machinery of the Empire, Cal will find himself surrounded by threats both new and familiar as he decides how far he’s willing to go to save those closest to him.

When Cal finds himself stranded on Koboh, he comes into conflict with The Bedlam Raiders, a gang that terrorizes the nearby system with their army of re-purposed Battle Droids. The Raiders are also in conflict with The Empire encroaching on their turf leading to an open planet that constantly has different factions of people interacting and fighting even without Cal’s involvement.

gnQ3ZfH.png
Qi40awX.png

Cal's passion for fashion is unquenchable.
There are a plethora of new and exciting ways for Cal to customise his look.
But... will Cal's beloved ponchos return?

afD7kGM.png

IhyXxNh.png

"I used to sit on Bracca dreaming about storming Coruscant with survivors from the Jedi Council.
Instead, the Order's hopes rest on a gambler, a fallen Jedi, and a failed Padawan... A bunch of screw ups."

It's been a long five years, and the newly formed family of Cal, Cere, Greez, Merrin, and BD-1 join forces once again to fight back against the Empire, but can a family forged in flames of rebellion stick together as the galaxy descends into darkness... or will they be consumed by the fire til there is only ash?

Fight with allies new and old including Bode Akuna, a freelance gunslinger with no love for the Empire. Armed with a jetpack and his blasters, Bode is a versatile mercenary who is always ready for a fight.

4flKEjz.png

AsWlDbf.png

SOLD OUT

INCLUDES

Full-Size Functional Cal Kestis Replica Lightsaber Hilt

Premium Magnetic Box (holds Lightsaber Hilt)

Certificate of Authenticity

Official SteelBook

Physical Copy of
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Deluxe Edition

PRE-ORDER BONUS
Obi-Wan Kenobi inspired 'Jedi Survival' Cosmetic Pack

BQPyZ9p.png

INCLUDES

Base Game

PRE-ORDER BONUS

Luke Skywalker inspired 'New Hero' Cosmetic Pack

Han Solo inspired 'Galactic Hero' Cosmetic Pack

nhZ10Cy.png

INCLUDES

Base Game

PRE-ORDER BONUS:

wWHOhOH.png

H8jiLGk.png

star-wars-jedi-survivor-.jpg

iKEoG8p.png

Last edited:
The mullet looks so vile, I absolutely love it.

Gonna wait for some retail code impressions before I take the dip. I liked the original for its Metroidvania-ness but the large file size has soured me on the sequel a bit and I don't really want to clean out my Series S to make space for it.

CMS issues abound - but fixed - may still display a little weirdly on mobile

Last edited:
The mullet looks so vile, I absolutely love it.

Gonna wait for some retail code impressions before I take the dip. I liked the original for its Metroidvania-ness but the large file size has soured me on the sequel a bit and I don't really want to clean out my Series S to make space for it.
Worth noting the Series S version seems to be only 44GB and not an SSD hog like the "full fat" PS5/Series X/PC versions

Worth noting the Series S version seems to be only 44GB and not an SSD hog like the "full fat" PS5/Series X/PC versions
Oh shit, that's good to know. I'll gladly take a hit in graphical fidelity in that case. Do we know how the game performs on Series S?

Oh shit, that's good to know. I'll gladly take a hit in graphical fidelity in that case. Do we know how the game performs on Series S?
no info on performance yet but will update when DF etc... have a video/info up. It's assumed it is a significant cutback in textures/lighting etc...

This ST is amazing! Excellent work, @aus89. Thank you for your efforts.

That mullet is indeed rough. Peak Jim Bob, I'd say. I'm going to skip this game for now, since I thought the first was more on the average side, but I'm sure Survivor will be a sizable improvement over Fallen Order. I may end up grabbing it later in the year.

Really enjoyed Fallen Order, so I plan on picking this one up eventually.

I really enjoyed Fallen Order but it sure was janky at times. While not the most original game it was nice to just get a good ol' single player Game to play for once. Excited to play this eventually but will probably wait until after Zelda and hopefully pick it up on sale. It does seem like a solid sequel that just improves on everything based on the previews.

Reviews
REVIEWS (will be updated)

Game Informer - 9.25
Press Start - 9
NME - 100
VGC - 100
Easy Allies - 9
IGN - 9
Push Square - 9

Metacritic currently @ 87

Performance issues noted on PC and console

Last edited:
Whelp. Got about 10-12 hours into this and my save file got corrupted. I was enjoying it but I have no desire to try and get back up to the point I was at. I've seen online that people have restarted after getting corrupted only to have their next file get corrupted too. I'm just not even gonna mess with that. So sick of games being released in these kinds of states.

Whelp. Got about 10-12 hours into this and my save file got corrupted. I was enjoying it but I have no desire to try and get back up to the point I was at. I've seen online that people have restarted after getting corrupted only to have their next file get corrupted too. I'm just not even gonna mess with that. So sick of games being released in these kinds of states.
oh wow that sucks, i would probably dump it at that point too - you can't restore an earlier save from the cloud/files or something?

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone know if all the recent patches have affected the quality/performance modes on PS5? I'd be keen to play it at 60fps if possible? It's hard to get a straight answer online.

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone know if all the recent patches have affected the quality/performance modes on PS5? I'd be keen to play it at 60fps if possible? It's hard to get a straight answer online.
I believe basically the performance mode issues remain, quality mode is very playable and looks great if you can handle 30fps

I believe basically the performance mode issues remain, quality mode is very playable and looks great if you can handle 30fps

Thank you, playing quality mode because performance wasn't consistent at all. Beautiful game though! And a lot of fun so far.

Sorry for the random bump, could people who've finished the story tell me how far I am into it, without spoilers obv?

I've just beaten Rayvis on the Shattered Moon.

I'm absolutely loving the game but the constant bouncing back and forth between three locations is getting a little old :LOL:

Sorry for the random bump, could people who've finished the story tell me how far I am into it, without spoilers obv?

I've just beaten Rayvis on the Shattered Moon.

I'm absolutely loving the game but the constant bouncing back and forth between three locations is getting a little old :LOL:
You're pretty close to the end if I recall correctly. I think like ~5 hours if you mainline the story, but I might be forgetting a section.

EDIT: Actually I think I did forget a section, so maybe a bit longer.

Obviously people will likely be aware of this but just updating that EA say Respawn are making PS4 and Xbox One versions of Jedi Survivor

Back
Top Bottom