• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Star Ocean The Second Story R (Switch /PS4+5/Steam), November 2, 2023, [Update]: Demo now available

There it is :

Content Warning : a few seconds of Ending 1 (out of 99) is shown to display a new function.

TLDR :
New difficulty setting : Chaos, the hardest mode.
New portraits for various NPCs.
You can rewatch any unlocked ending from the main menu.
You can see all the character illustrations in the menu.
New armors to craft / find.
New weapon for each characters to craft / find.

After you beat the game :
The Ten Wise Men become Raid bosses on the world map and have better stats and a Leader status.
You can unlock each of them to add them in your Assault Team.

Last edited:
Other notable features:
  • Added new key items, weapons, armor and accessories
  • Added new craft-able weapons
  • Adjusted ally symbologist AI
  • Added a feature that allows players to choose whether or not their level is carried over in NG+
  • Added a feature that changes the title screen once the game has been beaten

Anyone know if the graphical differences between the Switch and PS5 versions is too large? I have not found good comparisons on YouTube

Anyone know if the graphical differences between the Switch and PS5 versions is too large? I have not found good comparisons on YouTube
Aside for the 30 FPS only on Switch and the draw distance of folliage, the two versions seems quite similar.

The draw distance is quite low in the Switch version but sadly it is also visible on PS5.

I recommand giving the demo a try on both platform (if you have both a Switch & PS5).

So, I messed around with the new update and fought all 9 of the 10 new RAID bosses.

They are much stronger versions of the original bosses and since they are in a RAID, they all have a Leader status effect, one have a +99.999 HP regen every 5 seconds (yes), another one cuts your speed by like 4 times and... the final one ?

He deactivates the Bloody Armor effect.

tri-Ace, looking at the player with Bloody Armor equipped :
6359ou.png

And in Galaxy mode, his HP are at 4 millions.

I'm level 255 and he destroyed me.
Time to craft that new equipment !

Apparently you have to defeat each of the new RAID bosses to get a special stone that will craft the new weapon.

So, I messed around with the new update and fought all 9 of the 10 new RAID bosses.

They are much stronger versions of the original bosses and since they are in a RAID, they all have a Leader status effect, one have a +99.999 HP regen every 5 seconds (yes), another one cuts your speed by like 4 times and... the final one ?

He deactivates the Bloody Armor effect.

tri-Ace, looking at the player with Bloody Armor equipped :
6359ou.png

And in Galaxy mode, his HP are at 4 millions.

I'm level 255 and he destroyed me.
Time to craft that new equipment !

Apparently you have to defeat each of the new RAID bosses to get a special stone that will craft the new weapon.
I had to solo him alone with Claude as I couldn't keep anyone else alive.

I'm finally starting to mess with the Remaking super speciality to make a better build.

Will you share yours ? ^^
I want to make another NG+ in Universe mode with only Claude & Rena.
I used Claude with Valiant Mail, Shield of Athena, Mithril Helmet, Star Greaves+(with Cast-iron Factor), with the Silver Charm and Ring of Might accessory, before battle I used a mandrake material to drop to 1HP and then in battle used Immunity Pill straight away.

Edit: and whatever you do, dont heal! I forgot to change my linked combos and healed using Dragon Breath, then I got killed.

Edit 2: If you are remaking, try to get Adamantine factor on Valiant Mail armor, and the Cast-Iron factor on boots or helmet.

Edit 3: Cast-iron and Adamantine are "special" factors, so be sure to get that to 100% when rebuilding.

Last edited:
I used Claude with Valiant Mail, Shield of Athena, Mithril Helmet, Star Greaves+(with Cast-iron Factor), with the Silver Charm and Ring of Might accessory, before battle I used a mandrake material to drop to 1HP and then in battle used Immunity Pill straight away.

Edit: and whatever you do, dont heal! I forgot to change my linked combos and healed using Dragon Breath, then I got killed.

Edit 2: If you are remaking, try to get Adamantine factor on Valiant Mail armor, and the Cast-Iron factor on boots or helmet.

Edit 3: Cast-iron and Adamantine are "special" factors, so be sure to get that to 100% when rebuilding.
Well I tried exactly that, with an Adamantine & Cast-iron gear equipeed on Claude, took a Mandragore, removed all the cast except him, started the battle, immediatly used a Immunity Pill and... Ultimate Gabriel one-shot Claude.

It did not negate any damage. :(

Well I tried exactly that, with an Adamantine & Cast-iron gear equipeed on Claude, took a Mandragore, removed all the cast except him, started the battle, immediatly used a Immunity Pill and... Ultimate Gabriel one-shot Claude.

It did not negate any damage. :(
Post your full build please.

Edit: This is my build Here, I have used it against UG three times without fail.

Last edited:
Post your full build please.

Edit: This is my build Here, I have used it against UG three times without fail.
So, here's mine :
EDIT :
All imgs links are broken, apparently Google Image sucks quite a lot...

And to see what it does in action (don't blink) :

Last edited:
Hmmm, the one thing I notice is that on my build dark damage has no effect, but on yours it does 1/2 effect, and you got wiped out by the purple energy which I presume to be dark?

Edit: do you have Star Greaves which make dark have no effect? Even without Cast-iron, Adamatine is enough.

Last edited:
Hmmm, the one thing I notice is that on my build dark damage has no effect, but on yours it does 1/2 effect, and you got wiped out by the purple energy which I presume to be dark?

Edit: do you have Star Greaves which make dark have no effect? Even without Cast-iron, Adamatine is enough.
I do, tried it, got obliterated by Explode. Next try, Noah killed me. It just doesn't work for me.

EDIT :
Lol, now even Dark Wave manage to kill me despite having a No effect to darkness.
Houston, I may have a problem.

I'm wondering if the No bloody equipment effect status is doing something here.

Last edited:
I do, tried it, got obliterated by Explode. Next try, Noah killed me. It just doesn't work for me.

EDIT :
Lol, now even Dark Wave manage to kill me despite having a No effect to darkness.
Houston, I may have a problem.

I'm wondering if the Not bloody equipment effect status is doing something here.
I just posted a video of my build and the start of the UG battle to show it working.

I just posted a video of my build and the start of the UG battle to show it working.
YES, thank you !
I'm a muppet, I forgot to equip the Valiant mail.

I just beat him and used an XP card and... the last team mates that weren't 255 are now much closer :p

Thanks a lot :)

Back
Top Bottom