• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
april direct hinges on an indie world beforehand... and we're two weeks into april without an indie world. is it doom time?
maybe just pure coping, but is it possible a wire got crossed somewhere and the "indie world" someone heard about like a month ago was actually the Triple I thing that's happening today?

I think they’ll wait until June, they have Paper Mario and Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD to take us up till that point. They can then lay out H2 2024 in June and then October Switch 2 reveal Direct.

maybe just pure coping, but is it possible a wire got crossed somewhere and the "indie world" someone heard about like a month ago was actually the Triple I thing that's happening today?
I think this is possible but I also think it's important to note that (at least from my understanding, I could be wrong), when Brazil said they'd heard about the Indie World and the Nintendo Direct, they were seemingly two different sources. So it is possible that the Indie World source might've meant the Triple-I event today or maybe they just had misheard something beforehand (or, as we know, Nintendo can change plans on the fly so it's possible that plans have changed). I think all I'm trying to say is that it's possible that, if they are two different sources that maybe something changed and maybe the Indie World has moved or scrapped (or something) but the Direct stands.

I still do have some confidence about the Direct happening this month because of what we discussed in February in how it's not just Nintendo that is relying on these showcases but their partners as well and, so, if there was rumblings of a Direct close to a month and a half ago for this month, I have to assume there was some credence to that as partners were probably getting assets ready for it and all that - and probably are relying somewhat on the showcase for marketing (though, obviously, I could be wrong!!)! :)

Direct is next week ;)

source: had a dream last night that Reggie told me

next week arrives with no Direct, Reggie reappears in your dream
"What do you want from me, I don't work there anymore! I just like invading people's dreams. Now, uh, go buy a big new yorker or something."

Best case scenario is
  • MP4
  • A new DK game or even a port of country returns
  • Dual release of Wind waker and Twilight princess
  • smaller title.
  • Xenoblade X, but that's probably will be a switch 2 exlusives
I'd love that!! We'll most likely get something Zelda this year, I don't know if WWHD/TPHD or a new 2D Zelda game. Maybe they see 2D Zelda better off as a cross gen game since that'd be a new Zelda for Switch 2? Either way, I hope they give TPHD some visual enhancements and can get both to run at 60FPS. Wild card would be that now that they have every 3D Zelda game remastered, they go back to OoT and release OoT HD based on OoT 3D. But maybe they go for a faithful remake of it for Switch 2.

I think Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition will be on Switch as well, but saved for a cross gen release so next year. But maybe the medieval new IP from Monolith Soft comes next year so they get X this year? A Xenoblade Warriors tho... 👀

next week arrives with no Direct, Reggie reappears in your dream
"What do you want from me, I don't work there anymore! I just like invading people's dreams. Now, uh, go buy a big new yorker or something."
“Yes sir. I’m sorry I believed you, sir.”

reggie_animalcrossingtour.jpg

"Okay, that's all the time I've got. I gotta get back to invading Derachi's dreams and spreading misinformation."

Natethehate has semi confirmed, but he most likely corresponding with the Brazilian journalist who got the delay right, but the indie direct wrong.
He didn't get the indie world wrong, he said the Indie World would be coming before the General Direct, and there hasn't been a General yet so his Indie World statement isn't wrong yet.

Gex, Tomba and Clock Tower were announced last July, and BG&E was announced in late November, just over 4 months ago - I feel like it's too soon to classify them as "lost" and putting them on the same level with games we haven't gotten any information on for years.
Gex, Tomba & Clock Tower are all three emulation only games with the Carbon Engine, an engine that so far have been quite disappointing, especially regarding the features.

Also I don't know what the hell LRG is smoking but the Felix the Cat two ROMs (1 NES and 1 GB) for 25$ is making me quite anxious with what're gonna get for Tomba 1 + 2 & the Gex Trilogy.

Gex, Tomba & Clock Tower are all three emulation only games with the Carbon Engine, an engine that so far have been quite disappointing, especially regarding the features.

Also I don't know what the hell LRG is smoking but the Felix the Cat two ROMs (1 NES and 1 GB) for 25$ is making me quite anxious with what're gonna get for Tomba 1 + 2 & the Gex Trilogy.
Oh, I haven't actually played any LRG published game, so I can't comment on quality - I'm just saying that it hasn't been that long since they were announced.

Didn’t Brazil also say the Indie World and Nintendo Direct sources are separate, or am I mistaken? Either way, I don’t think we 100% need an Indie for a regular Direct to happen, but it’d certainly instill a lot more confidence at this point. Maybe / hopefully Brazil will stop by again with an update at some point. I’m still very surprised we’ve gone this long without a General Direct. I’d like to think our maximum wait time is 2 and a half months left given the barren second half of 2024.

nowadays I need a bird to have already told me half of what's in a Direct to believe it's truly imminent beyond just being vaguely soon

Pyoro giving me some weird expectations :ROFLMAO:

With that Fallout series getting rave reviews, I was thinking it would be nice to see some of the older Fallout games on the Switch at some point.

Ya’ll are too busy hyping up the next Direct when you should be getting hyped for Endless Ocean Luminous instead, and once the game releases you’ll be so lost in it that time will fly by and the June Direct will be here sooner than you realize!

I think it's not unlikely that they're now in panic mode

I don't think that's a bad thing mind you, just that they'll crawl to endless ocean, then paper mario, and then to mid-june when we get some sort of direct to announce however they picked up the pieces for the rest of the year

however, I think it's also not unlikely that switch 2 gets announced on paper in may alongside the financial briefing and is then announced with a teaser in the summer. if the system was delayed by about half a year then so too should the delay be, but is it really a good idea to announce a new product right before the holiday season

idk at this point I feel immense curiosity but not much actual interest, much less "hype"

I don't think Nintendo is in panic mode. I think fans are in panic mode and a projecting that onto the company in a desperate attempt to explain why a Nintendo that was only rumored and never promised hasn't shown up yet.

Nintendo will likely (guess) do a Direct in June but right now they want gamers to focus on Endless Ocean, Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2. They don't feel any rush to announce more games when the competition doesn't have much more to offer.

We will likely get a June General Direct that will focus on what I would assume is the last major Switch first party titles that will release in the second half of this year and probably a few into early 2025. Possibly the last major General Direct for the OG Switch console.

We will definitely be getting more games for Switch this year which is why Endless Ocean, paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion are relatively packed close together with the entire second half of the year free at the moment. Nintendo has more content coming, they just don't want to focus on it until probably June if I were to guess.

So yeah this year isn't great for Nintendo gaming but it is what it is. Still we'll at least get something more and hopefully in 2025 the Switch 2 will finally come out. Though at this point I seriously wouldn't be surprised anymore if we don't get a new system in 2025 either LOL (Still think Switch 2 shows up in 2025).

To be honest, I don't get why people are so worried. On the very off chance that the second half of 2024 is completely empty for Switch, what's the worst that could come from that? Nintendo can't be banking on the Switch selling tons more units, and we're just going to be leading into the Switch 2 early next year anyway. It's not like people are going to go "I have no interest in the Switch 2 since 2024 was kind of an empty year."

To be honest, I don't get why people are so worried. On the very off chance that the second half of 2024 is completely empty for Switch, what's the worst that could come from that? Nintendo can't be banking on the Switch selling tons more units, and we're just going to be leading into the Switch 2 early next year anyway. It's not like people are going to go "I have no interest in the Switch 2 since 2024 was kind of an empty year."

Yeah I'm not worried about content. Nintendo would have pushed Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2 into the back half of the year if they didn't have something else to release instead. Since these games are in the first half of the year and relatively close together, I'm confident Nintendo will have several key games to release in the back half of the year. At least a few.

We're at a point where we expect a company to make Metroid Prime 4 one of the greatest games ever made and and the same time assume the very same company is incompetent in its marketing and release scheduling because it doesn't announce its new hardware a whole year before launch and because it doesn't broadcast a direct announcing its games for the holiday season by mid april.

I know 4 has its problems, but I still love it. I wonder if it would even be able to run on the current switch or if it’s more of a switch 2 prospect.
4 had its moments for sure, but it's not something I'm real keen on replaying

I very much doubt that this is a leak, but some people are thinking about if it's legit (including Nintendo Prime of all people asking Pyoro about it). I'm in the camp that thinks that this is just a troll making up a Pyoro tweet.

Time to spend the next week deciphering this.

I'm still on the April State of mind because I just think it would be fun to have an April Direct followed by a mention of Next-Generation hardware next month. However, I also think we have to consider that last year's early year Direct didn't set up much for the second half of the year either (outside of Pikmin 4) and, while I think that can be attributed to Tears of the Kingdom being their anchor and games like Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp being able to get dated and not needing a lot of marketing, we are pretty much in the same place as we were right now as we were in April 2023, just without a big anchor. I know that April is two months later than February so they would need to set up more than the Feb. 2023 Direct did if it airs, which is maybe why they would also just wait until June?

While I do think that's a big enough reason for Nintendo that they could do a Direct now to set up the big anchor for 2024 (Metroid Prime 4), it's not like they have to do one right now. Last year didn't have a June game until June 1st (Everybody's 1-2 Switch, which then released at the end of the month) so I actually have some confidence that if Nintendo still wants to do a July game or something for July (I don't know, maybe we see the return of Nintendo Switch Sports through a huge expansion), they could announce that in a June Direct!

While I would prefer Nintendo do to the Direct this month so we could have three months of goodness (I think something smaller could also still happen in June too even with an April Direct... a Pokémon Presents maybe? That isn't actually that small.....) and just because I love watching and discussing Directs, they are still in a good enough position right now that I feel they could wait it out until June, depending on what they do have for this year. :D

Edit: Also, a wildcard for me for the reason why Nintendo unpinned the Mario Day video is because they are about to upload the Endless Ocean Overview Trailer!!)

True chaos can only be unlocked if we get no news for Switch software or the next console by the end of June. As fun as it can be to doom, it’s almost a sure thing we will be getting some exciting new stuff within a coupleish months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom