• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, they're pretty good candidates for games releasing on Switch 1 even after the successor comes out.
Definitely, I think at least they could get a 60 FPS upgrade on Switch 1, though that would require more optimization work vs a Switch 2 port. That would make it a worthwhile full price purchase in my eyes, since emulators can't get 60 FPS in those games without game breaking glitches.

It would be nice to have at least one of those games get a real special treatment, ideally TP since that had less visual work done on it.

Okay, I've been thinking a bit, and I'm like 95% sure Switch 2 isn't getting revealed until next year... possibly as late as March knowing Nintendo lol. First off, it'd be logical to assume Nintendo doesn't want to overshadow the Switch's final Holiday season. Beyond that though, the stuff they revealed in this Direct is what ultimately convinced me; H2 of this year is decently stacked from a 1st party perspective, with a decent number of 3rd party games too. Plus, there was a lot of 2025 stuff in the Direct, including two of Nintendo's own games, and the new Pokemon Legends announced a few months ago. With all of these games, plus additional 2025 games possibly saved for a hypothetical September Direct (FE4 remake? plz 😭 ), Nintendo's really not in any hurry to reveal Switch 2.

Currently, I'm predicting/coping that we're getting another Switch 1-only Direct in September like usual. This Direct will show more of Mario and Luigi and maybe Prime 4, a proper reveal of the new Pokemon Legends, and one last trailer for Zelda. It will reveal the FE4 remake for early 2025 (February?) and at least two or three additonal 1st party games for 2025. I think it's safe to say Nintendo's got some unexpected surprises in store for 2025 if Mario and Luigi is anything to go by, so I don't think the September Direct reveals are just going to be heavily-rumored remakes and ports/remasters.

I’m none too bothered by WW and TP not showing up, because I feel like they almost always have a decent chance and I’m predicting they’ll be dropped within the first year or two of Switch 2 being out, probably still as backwards compatible Switch titles (wouldn’t Nintendo want all their main Zeldas playable in one place?). What bothers me is no Prime 2 or 3, because I can’t shake the feeling that right before or right after Prime 4 was the time if ever to bring them up. A small chance they still happen, but it feels bleak now.

Still no Zelda, Mario&Luigi or DQ3 on the eshop. They are close so that's unusual. Wanted to preorder Zelda with a voucher. Maybe they changed the way games are handled on the eshop so that the bigger games don't leak as easily?

Donkey Kong Country Returns HD in January
Unnanounced title in February
Metroid Prime 4: Beyond in March
New console launch in May

Oh yeah we won fami.
I'm glad it was mostly unspoiled and we did get to feel surprises.
Also Switch getting major games in 2025 and huge titles this holiday season.
I think cross gen will be even bigger than most of us are expecting now, at least Metroid Prime 4, Pokémon Legends Z-A in 2025, and a ton of remasters. I'm betting DK will be cross gen as well.

I think the most exciting thing is that the pipeline has been set up for Mario and Luigi series, Unique Zelda games from grezzo and Metroid Prime to continue into Switch 2 and beyond.

Please do not make grezzo do remakes ever again.

Keep retro on Metroid for a more entries unless you have a replacement company.

and I wonder who is making ML?

That was really light 1st party direct
Sure but the few they revealed was really impactfull :
-Mario&Luigi not dead against all odds and getting a new entry at that
-brand new 2D Zelda with the actual Zelda as mc for the first time ever and after 11 years (!) without a new 2D entry
-Metroid Prime 4 fuck*** finally.

Sure but the few they revealed was really impactfull :
-Mario&Luigi not dead against all odds and getting a new entry at that
-brand new 2D Zelda with the actual Zelda as mc for the first time ever and after 11 years (!) without a new 2D entry
-Metroid Prime 4 fuck*** finally.
I was mocking Pyoro statement lol

yeah the Mario & Sonic Olympic series is super dead now

still, I hope they continue with some kind of crossover series between the two franchises

Mario x Sonic Musou anyone?
After seeing Mario & Luigi come back from nothing, I won't proclaim M&S is dead anytime soon (or any other series, for that matter).

Besides, people thought the same thing they skipped Winter Olympics 2018

A new Mario & Luigi
A new Mario Party
A new 2D Zelda
Donkey Kong and Luigi getting remastered
Metroid Prime 4 finally getting a showing

I guess what is light for one is stocked for another!

Okay, I've been thinking a bit, and I'm like 95% sure Switch 2 isn't getting revealed until next year... possibly as late as March knowing Nintendo lol. First off, it'd be logical to assume Nintendo doesn't want to overshadow the Switch's final Holiday season. Beyond that though, the stuff they revealed in this Direct is what ultimately convinced me; H2 of this year is decently stacked from a 1st party perspective, with a decent number of 3rd party games too. Plus, there was a lot of 2025 stuff in the Direct, including two of Nintendo's own games, and the new Pokemon Legends announced a few months ago. With all of these games, plus additional 2025 games possibly saved for a hypothetical September Direct (FE4 remake? plz 😭 ), Nintendo's really not in any hurry to reveal Switch 2.

Currently, I'm predicting/coping that we're getting another Switch 1-only Direct in September like usual. This Direct will show more of Mario and Luigi and maybe Prime 4, a proper reveal of the new Pokemon Legends, and one last trailer for Zelda. It will reveal the FE4 remake for early 2025 (February?) and at least two or three additonal 1st party games for 2025. I think it's safe to say Nintendo's got some unexpected surprises in store for 2025 if Mario and Luigi is anything to go by, so I don't think the September Direct reveals are just going to be heavily-rumored remakes and ports/remasters.
then why would they aknowledge its existence so early? lol

So... AdaWong is the one to pay attention to now
leonskennedy-leon.gif

Has someone noted that Nintendo used the OLD Direct style for this one (and not the new graphics of the last Partner)?
Yeah, noticed that right away. Maybe it's Partner specific but I doubt that. It was bad nonetheless so am glad they changed it back.

After seeing Mario & Luigi come back from nothing, I won't proclaim M&S is dead anytime soon (or any other series, for that matter).

Besides, people thought the same thing they skipped Winter Olympics 2018
you are right in that anything is possible, so hey maybe they revive it some years down the line

however now I'm stuck on thinking about how a Mario x Sonic Warriors game would work and I think this might just be the next big thing people don't realize that they need in their lives, but they absolutely do

i will be real ,one thing i will look foward after the direct it will see what games will have BR portuguese on them , hoping the number increase each year , for now we have 2 games in 2024 vs 3 or 4 in 2023 , so we still can suprass that
nice we already surprassed that , from 2 games to 5 , since all totatly new games announced (mario party , zelda , mario and luigi ) got the branzilian portuguese

honestly this make me hope all games from sucessor will be localized certain

I think you're probably pretty close to right. Would Nintendo really tease a new system in the week or two before a new Zelda game launched?

I think it's pretty possible we get a September Direct of primarily Switch games with a small tease of the new system at the end, then a full reveal in January/February.

oh god

i dreamed about the direct and thought we were getting wolly world bc of a false memory

it had an unusually long subtitle as well

Speculating about the particular developer seems hard, last time we did this with Mario RPG it ended being with a developer who had never worked with Nintendo previously, so who really knows.

Honestly I am happy that neither TP nor WW showed up, I would prefer either or both of these games to receive a significant upgrade on Switch 2.
I highly doubt that they get significant upgrades, at all. Nintendo Switch will have a ridiculously higher number of consoles out than Switch 2, even if Switch 2 sells 30 million first year and half of Switch owners move on, either to the next thing or from gaming completely.

It's much more likely that Nintendo releases HD remasters for Switch long after Switch 2 releases - and I highly doubt Switch 2 will be advertising ANY remasters in its first few years (a Super Metroid or Ocarina of Time Remake, maybe, but I still don't see that as being their strategy).

What bothers me is no Prime 2 or 3, because I can’t shake the feeling that right before or right after Prime 4 was the time if ever to bring them up. A small chance they still happen, but it feels bleak now.
Assuming Metroid Prime 4's 2025 means second half of 2025, and a cross-platform release, Primes 2&3 are probably being shadowdropped in September (or over Twitter, this summer).

Assuming Metroid Prime 4's 2025 means second half of 2025, and a cross-platform release, Primes 2&3 are probably being shadowdropped in September (or over Twitter, this summer).

I really hope you're right, it just feels like the right time would have been saying something right next to Prime 4 today. I'd love to be wrong and see them in September. If the Switch ends up second half 2025 and Prime 4 is cross gen, I suppose there might be hope.

I really hope you're right, it just feels like the right time would have been saying something right next to Prime 4 today
fwiw I would have thought the time to talk about Pikmin 1+2 would have been when they announced Pikmin 4. And yet they waited until a few months before Pikmin 4's launch to shadowdrop Pikmin 1+2

I could totally see them holding onto Prime 2+3 remasters/ports until September or even early 2025 depending on when Prime 4 actually comes out

I really hope you're right, it just feels like the right time would have been saying something right next to Prime 4 today. I'd love to be wrong and see them in September. If the Switch ends up second half 2025 and Prime 4 is cross gen, I suppose there might be hope.
Metroid Prime shadowdrops in June would be awkward. Definitely better to shadowdrop them in darker months. Pikmin = Summer/Spring shadowdrop, Metroid Prime = Winter/Fall shadowdrops.

Edit: Also, I feel like announcing "Metroid Primes 2&3 available today" would be awkward to be the last thing the Direct leaves you with. Letting MP4 be the lasting impression, and then showcasing more when they do the 2&3 releases, to open the next direct, makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom