• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you all think that the Indie World could happen this week since it's Pax East starting on Thursday? I feel like it would've had to been announced today but maybe they could do it Tuesday announcement, Wednesday showcase? I know it's also Princess Peach week so that also probably plays a major hand in what they do this week but...!

GDC started today, there might be some info by the end of the week.
I'm eager to see the Tears of the Kingdom and Wonder panels. There are a lot of questions I have that weren't answered by the Ask the Developer. I believe the producers might let something slip in the presentation. Like soft confirming ideas for future entries, or exactly when development began or something of the sorts. Maybe something that leaves the door open for DLC in Wonder's case, or "it's the template going forward" confirmation.

I think more Switch 2 rumblings will happen as well, with third parties being more widely aware of the delay, maybe even some rumblings on planned ports or another closed door showing with a game different than BotW.

Boring year for Nintendo News so far. Absolutely nothing going on these days lol.
Eh17wSd.jpeg

Awesome year for Japanese RPGs though. Just pre-ordered Eiyuden Chronicles, I'll play it once I'm done with Unicorn Overlord.
Yeah I'm looking forward to Eiyuden Chronicles, and also have yet to snag copies of Star Ocean SSR and Baten Kaitos 1+2. When I pick those three up it's gonna be like an RPG dam breaking for me 😅

plus holy shit what if Monolith has something to show this year?

Awesome year for Japanese RPGs though. Just pre-ordered Eiyuden Chronicles, I'll play it once I'm done with Unicorn Overlord.
It's looking quite good for fighting games and announcements, too. Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves, 8ing's Hunter X Hunter, 2XKO and there just might be a new Virtua Fighter over the horizon, in addition to everything else already available that stands to see updates.

This is the healthiest outlook for the genre in quite a long time, and it makes me so thrilled.

We're in this really weird time where it would of been quiet for Nintendo news anyway, but with the Switch 2 seemingly pushed back we don't even have that announcement to look forward to, so it's super quiet!

Hoping a full direct is around the corner, even if it's a little less exciting than normal, directs always feel like a fun event to look forward to

People started talking about FE4 and then we were off to the races for days 😅
since 2020 the discourse inside almost every gaming fandom (2020s fire emblem fans are different to 2010s and 2000s fire emblem fans cuz i seen a lot of fake smash bros fans at the fire emblem fandom at the 2020s lmao) went from love :love: all the way to the nitpicking to be negative. they dont really believe 🤨 the 'logic' of nitpicking they use it cuz its 'cool' to be only negative with 'technical stuff' thrown to look clever, since 2020. the only fandom i seen thats built different is the rosalina character fandom. they're always the silent majority of the gaming community, they're like gamers from the before decades and they the smartest people at the gaming community. most of the genuine rosalina fans are either enjoying playing games or we speak our love for gaming or both (like i do). the other fandoms fling shit at each other fandoms' characters, games, consoles, etc. and towards our fandom cuz of various kinds of jealousy. sadly i seen a small number of people at our fandom who do the same to other fandoms' characters, games, consoles, etc.

only love :love: not hate

characters, games, consoles, etc. >>>>> 'fandoms' of today

Having just replayed SF64 for the first time in many, many years this past Saturday, I maintain that it’s not only Nintendo’s best voiced game, but amongst the best in the industry period. These actors were perfectly directed and they brought everything they had to the roles. It’s wild how damn good the acting in the game is and how incredibly well it all holds up. Nintendo peaked in this regard in ‘97.

Having just replayed SF64 for the first time in many, many years this past Saturday, I maintain that it’s not only Nintendo’s best voiced game, but amongst the best in the industry period. These actors were perfectly directed and they brought everything they had to the roles. It’s wild how damn good the acting in the game is and how incredibly well it all holds up. Nintendo peaked in this regard in ‘97.

I would put Kid Icarus Uprising ahead of it, personally.

Boring year for Nintendo News so far. Absolutely nothing going on these days lol.
If rumors are to be believed, I bet it’s because they may have planned on discussing their next system earlier before its 2025 delay. Since most of their big new software is likely being made targeting that system, there may not be much to announce this year besides some ports

The potentially interesting stuff from GDC isn't what Nintendo shows behind closed doors, it's what other devs talk with each other.

If rumors are to be believed, I bet it’s because they may have planned on discussing their next system earlier before its 2025 delay. Since most of their big new software is likely being made targeting that system, there may not be much to announce this year besides some ports
Who could have predicted that Nintendo - of all companies- would somehow fumble the transition to their next system and give their player base a very boring transition year.

It's not a boring year for Nintendo fans. We're getting more Direct Speculation threads and Youtube videos this year than ever before and that's the content Nintendo fans truly want.

30% chance of this week.
60% chance next week.

Gut feeling.
I hope so, still, it would be weird an april direct, not because of the month itself, but because Nintendo doesn't have many new announcements besides the rumored fire emblem 4 remake and Zelda Wind waker & twilight princess HD.

Still begging Nintendo to wait until the Switch 2 launch for a cross platform release of Metroid Prime 4 🙏

Especially for a company that's "starved for 1st party launch titles"

With all this mario 64 talk, my time has come...

Play B3313! Genuinely the coolest sm64 rom hack ever, and is the definitive way to play the game now if you are itching for something unique, open, INSANELY massive, and most of all... personalized

I got Chibi-Robo for GameCube at Comic-Con today, so I am happy to announce that a Chibi-Robo remaster will almost certainly be announced in April's Direct. You're welcome, everyone.
Thank you for your service 🫡

I'd do the same for Custom Robo, but I already own it on Gamecube lol. I think the only way I could make it happen now is if I started a new save file and got to the halfway mark 🙃

Just a tldw for the new nate video. There was nothing about upcoming directs or 2H 2024 releases, mostly just speculation talk with mvg and how some third parties are probably pissed about the delay

Just a tldw for the new nate video. There was nothing about upcoming directs or 2H 2024 releases, mostly just speculation talk with mvg and how some third parties are probably pissed about the delay
til I'm a third party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom