• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I didn't realize that Rune Factory 6 has already been announced. I was just shitposting. So yes, there is a strong possibility that Rune Factory will show up in the next Direct.

Oh, I didn't realize that Rune Factory 6 has already been announced. I was just shitposting. So yes, there is a strong possibility that Rune Factory will show up in the next Direct.

not only that but there's actually two Rune Factory games already announced, there's an Asian themed one called "Rune Factory Project Dragon" too

So when do you think the Nintendo Direct will be? Me guess goes on the 5th or 6th of June what do you guys think?
Nintendo generally seems to prefer "going last" and distancing themselves from other showcases these days. So far we've got Keighley's thing on the 7th, Xbox on the 9th, and Ubiforward on the 10th, so I think Nintendo's waiting til those are all solidly in the rearview mirror

Personally I'm feeling the 18th or thereabouts; gives time for the headlines from other shows to die down, but still a week before Luigi's Mansion 2 HD comes out so they can give that one last marketing push

I'm leaning June 19th or even 26th, but there's an outside chance that it's just before SGF on say June 5th. I think that's less likely, but not impossible.

The action adventure IP thread has me thinking about Luigi's Mansion. Given their usual record, NLG's next game should feasibly arrive in either 2025 or 2026. Luigi's Mansion 4 feels like a no brainer for next-gen, but we're getting Luigi's Mansion 2HD this year.

Is it just an attempt to cash in on the Mario movie success? Or are we getting something from Luigi's Mansion this year because NLG aren't returning for the fourth game just yet? Perhaps NLG are working on another franchise for new hardware. Just a thought.

It's at least nice to know for sure, from the official source, that we will definitely have a Direct in June. It cuts out the guesswork and the anxiety by quite a bit.

We probably are still at least a month away though which is a little frustrating, but our patience will be rewarded.

The action adventure IP thread has me thinking about Luigi's Mansion. Given their usual record, NLG's next game should feasibly arrive in either 2025 or 2026. Luigi's Mansion 4 feels like a no brainer for next-gen, but we're getting Luigi's Mansion 2HD this year.

Is it just an attempt to cash in on the Mario movie success? Or are we getting something from Luigi's Mansion this year because NLG aren't returning for the fourth game just yet? Perhaps NLG are working on another franchise for new hardware. Just a thought.
I hope they do more than Luigi’s Mansion. Strikers should take another break. A Punch Out return on Switch 2 would be cool or even another Nintendo IP

I'm leaning June 19th or even 26th, but there's an outside chance that it's just before SGF on say June 5th. I think that's less likely, but not impossible.
I'm thinking there might be a deal between Nintendo and Microsoft, similar to whatever they had for the February Direct. Their "second wave" of ports should get reveal on Nintendo Direct instead of their own show, as it's always been the case. So, I say 5th is actually pretty likely.

Their "second wave" should consist of other Bethesda games: Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Oblivion, all by Virtuos.

I had a dream about the Direct. Again. It opened with Metroid, if that helps. It occured on June 6th and acknowledged the successor only to confirm it would not be present in the rest of the presentation.

The mystery is still there.
4969titlescreen.png

Bait for who? It is indeed a Direct that everyone would love. Banger opener and closer.

Well, we might not get a new Xeno game this late at console's life but an out of nowhere port of Xeno X would absolutely be megaton.
I’ve never played those games so I can’t really judge them but just looking at sales data I certainly wouldn’t say they are especially popular

You have 15 points, choose your second half 2024 line-up:

5EPD 3 & Grezzo new 2D ZeldaEPD 8 2D gameEPD 4 or 7 Tomodachi
4Metroid Prime 4Fire Emblem 4 RemakeNew NdCube game
3Zelda remasterNew Warriors game2D-HD timed exclusive
2Mario sports titleBandai-Namco remaster of a Nintendo gameDonkey Kong Country Returns HD
1HAL eShop gameHagi Wii/GC portPC-Engine NSO

Late to the party, but havnt browsed the thread for the entire week - here's my picks!

5 - EPD 3 & Grezzo new 2D Zelda
4 - Metroid Prime 4
3 - Zelda remaster
3 - 2D-HD timed exclusive

Now it's not gonna happen with 2 zelda games, so one of them have to go

If I remove a new 2D Zelda, I'll go with EPD 8 2D game
If I remove Zelda remaster, i'll go with DKCR HD and Hagi port.

holding out hope for Pikmin 4 and Mario wonder DLC
I would've thought that would be something that gets announced during the first General of the year but so far we've yet to have a general so that tracks heh. Luigi was announced the February after U's holiday release. Maybe the new DLC is more expansive and will come on the one-year anniversary of the game?

Maybe the new DLC is more expansive and will come on the one-year anniversary of the game?
well that was 10 years ago, DLC probably takes more time now, especially when it has new environments which Luigi U didn’t have. But that’s only IF they’re doing DLC for wonder. Just like TOTK, I can see them making additional content for Switch 2 since full new games take so long to make now.

I’m hoping to be blown away by some surprising game announcements in this direct. Something akin to Mario Wonder , that they been holding on to carry the year.
Didn't Brazil say something in the lines of "something interesting coming for Switch in 2024 if the successor really is delayed to 2025"? I don't wanna tag him so I hope he sees this and confirms it's something else and not that Championship thing.

Didn't Brazil say something in the lines of "something interesting coming for Switch in 2024 if the successor really is delayed to 2025"? I don't wanna tag him so I hope he sees this and confirms it's something else and not that Championship thing.

There must be something to carry the sales of the switch. What it might be is the exciting part…Would be good to get something of a confirmation. I’m sure luigi’s mansion 2 will sell well enough but they need something to carry System Sales. We will find out soon enough when the direct hits.

There must be something to carry the sales of the switch. What it might be is the exciting part…Would be good to get something of a confirmation. I’m sure luigi’s mansion 2 will sell well enough but they need something to carry System Sales. We will find out soon enough when the direct hits.
I think it’s either a new 2D Donkey kong game, made by EPD8, it’s a smaller scoped game and wouldn’t disturb the 3D Mario development, similar to captain toad.

Or here’s the big one, a 2D Zelda game, in which Zelda is the playable character and it’s developed by Grezzo.

If not, a deep price cut to all the system and bundle it with something Mario related and maybe prime 4.

I think it’s either a new 2D Donkey kong game, made by EPD8, it’s a smaller scoped game and wouldn’t disturb the 3D Mario development, similar to captain toad.

Or here’s the big one, a 2D Zelda game, in which Zelda is the playable character and it’s developed by Grezzo.

If not, a deep price cut to all the system and bundle it with something Mario related and maybe prime 4.

i would be down for either one of those. Donkey Kong and 2D zelda have been suspiciously absent with new iterations.

People also forget that it’s been 6 and half years since the last EPD 8 game (other than bowsers fury, which was mostly done by NST)

In the same span of time from 2011 to 2017 EPD 8 released Mario 3D Land, Mario 3D World, Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker, and Odyssey

With the expansion in staff they’ve had more than enough time and resources to create a 3D Mario and a 2D DK

Been saying it for a while now but i think there might be a remake of this gem:

donkey-kong-64---button-fin-1560099410344.jpg

Being absent from NSO for this long has to mean something. I was saying the same thing for Mario RPG for years, and it got a remake out of know where .
Either that or it'll show up later this year to tie into the game's 25th anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom