• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad that I'm worried about this, but I really hope that (if it's real) a Zelda game starring Zelda isn't insanely easy. Princess Peach Showtime left a weird taste in my mouth.

I'd love 2D Zelda, or a new Hyrule Warriors (not story-based, more like DE), or a multiplayer Zelda

Honestly any of those are good to me

I just hope its the multiplayer one more than anything

I'll be dumbfounded if Nintendo doesn't have some kind of DK release ready to go for the holiday season to launch aside the theme park opening. Even if the new game isn’t ready, a DKCR remaster shouldn't be difficult to cobble together.
depends it they want something for the Orlando park or the japan park

I wonder if the New Zelda Spin off game is literally just called The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Adventure.

It seems the final year of Switch might finish off with a strong ending, Fire Emblem 4 Remake, Metroid Prime 4, Zelda Spin off, some new/Wii U Kirby games, lots of high quality indies and jrpgs.

Can't really complain tbh.

The Legend of Link: Starring Zelda could be cool, although i agree with everyone else worried about it being for babies like the Peach game.

So ... 2D Zelda for the second half maybe?

Nintendoanuncia

capitalized letters spell out "this is a hint"

Tears of the Kingdom was a missed oportunity in having a playable Zelda(Nintendo could have added small/medium segment where we play as Zelda, the memories or after a Dungeon, we could have this segment where Zelda is playable)

Tears of the Kingdom was a missed oportunity in having a playable Zelda(Nintendo could have added small/medium segment where we play as Zelda, the memories or after a Dungeon, we could have this segment where Zelda is playable)
Honestly, one of the many missed opportunities. I think they just didn't want to deviate from botw formula too much sadly

My preference would be EPD using a Zelda-led game as a way of reinventing or expanding the 2D 'style'. If it's another Warriors title, that's fine, but I'd rather see something close to a main series Zelda title for Zelda herself than a spin-off.

This is kinda selfish and petty, but I'm torn between hoping the Switch 2 doesn't get shown off until winter so it doesn't overshadow a late fall Prime 4; or hoping that Switch 2 showcase precedes it by a month so the news cycle will be mostly done talking about it by the time MP4 comes along, but still have enough eyes back on Nintendo for it to benefit from that attention.
I definitely agree with you. I hope Metroid Prime 4 takes the early October spot and they release the Switch 2 trailer in November.
I'm pretty sure every single June Direct in the Switch era had a game releasing the year after.
So we'll most likely see a cross-gen game.
Please let Astral Chain 2 be the one 🙏🏻
Out of:
  • Metroid Prime 4;
  • Donkey Kong;
  • 2D Zelda.

I think only one(or maybe 2) make it this year, but the other(2) gets announced for 2025 and is cross gen.
Could it be MP4 time? Showcase MP4 graphics on Switch 2 without mentioning we're watching the clip run on Switch 2?
They'll show Metroid Prime 4 on the Switch and everyone will claim it's actually running on the Switch 2 just like we've been doing ever since Splatoon 3 lol.

If they plan to release it in 2025 and cross gen, they'll reveal it running on the Switch(or maybe just reveal cinematics first) and only show it running on the Switch 2 on the Switch 2 trailer and presentation, exactly like Breath of the Wild.
So ... 2D Zelda for the second half maybe?

capitalized letters spell out "this is a hint"

JESUS CHRIST JUST YESTERDAY I MADE A COMMENT TALKING ABOUT ZELDA STARING THE NEXT 2D ZELDA BUT MY INTERNET DIDN'T WORK TO POST 😭.
We're so back!!!!!!!!

Whether it's the next 2D Zelda with playable Zelda, whether it's a new spin off series for Zelda, whether it's a smaller scale 3D game/puzzle/dungeon crawler/3D World-like camera or it's something like a Tears of the Kingdom side game(Zelda's story in the past), I'M ALL IN!!!!
Not familiar with PapaGenos, is this the kind of thing he did in the past?
After he was right on Metroid Prime Remastered being shadow dropped back in the February Direct, I'm not ever not listening to him ever again. That felt super bold and impossible back then.

On the June Direct he correctly described Super Mario Bros Wonder and teased Super Mario RPG.

For the September Direct he gave new details on Princess Peach Showtime.

He comments on every rumor and non-sense, but what he hints or claims as his information is generally spot on.
Peach just got her own game. A Zelda game starring Zelda feels like a game Nintendo would make for the end of generation. He talks about Zelda’s design.

Sounds like it’s TOTK Zelda on her own side adventure?? Maybe a Mile Morales type of game
That's exactly what I had in mind for a Tears of the Kingdom DLC before Aonuma and Fujibayashi said no DLC:
A Zelda campaign, that would also be available physically like Torna or New Super Luigi U.

Looking at it now, it always made more sense to be a new game instead of DLC, it's just too much. Being a different game it doesn't have to be open world too.
A Princess Peach game and a Princess Zelda game in one year. I love it!
We just need Samus now to make it officially the girls year. I can't fucking wait!! 🥺😍😭

Also make a Rosalina game while we're at it. Maybe a New Super Luigi U-style DLC for Wonder.
ahh yeah. i was fixated on a mention that there'll be no DLC for TOTK, but maybe they reneged on that.
I think they just made another game using Tears of the Kingdom story and assets but it's its own thing, much like Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity.
My headline for Zelda-fronted Legend of Zelda is "Nintendo reveals Breath of the Woke: Another death blow to real male heroes" and none of you can steal it.

A follow up story will read "The Wind Woker FAILS to SELL" regardless of what happens.
Whenever that happens imma just point to them that they've been playing with a non-binary twink this whole time(Link being purposefully gender neutral in BotW, something Aonuma wanted him to be ever since OoT).
I'll be dumbfounded if Nintendo doesn't have some kind of DK release ready to go for the holiday season to launch aside the theme park opening. Even if the new game isn’t ready, a DKCR remaster shouldn't be difficult to cobble together.
I believe that they won't just do a Returns HD. It might come as a nice bonus or a shadow drop alongside the next DK game announcement, but they definitely want to have a come back like they had for 2D Mario last year.

The only question for me is whether the 2D EPD Tokyo game is coming this fall or next spring/summer as cross gen. Either way I think they'd benefit from announcing it in the June Direct(damn, they announced Luigi's Mansion 2 HD last June, a full year before release!!).

where you play as a male main character.

His time has come

b92fa16a9f2568057a67e17e7e42bc1d017b25cc_hq.jpg

Ok, if we get a Zelda game where you play as her, and we already got a Peach game, then we HAVE to get a Metroid game.

2024: The Year of the Queens
Side note, this made me realize just how many Nintendo franchises there are which are named after characters that you dont play as.

Zelda? You play as Link and Zelda is an NPC
Metroid? You play as Samus and Metroids are enemies
Pokemon? You play as a guy commanding Pokemon, but not the Pokemon themselves (Until Mystery dungeon atleast)
Donkey Kong? The OG had you play as Mario

If Mercury Steam is working on a remake instead of Metroid 6, could that potentially be this year?
I very much doubt it.
Metroid Prime Remastered was ready by ~September 2021, but it didn't release that year because Dread was already releasing and needed all the spotlight.
I think that remake or not they'll release it after MP4 is out, and considering how late it entered development it could even be a next gen exclusive.

UNLESS...
Well, if Metroid Prime 4 isn't coming until late spring or summer 2025, then I can see Super Metroid remake this fall. But I think Metroid 6 is way more likely.
Making a full 2.5D remake of NES/SNES/GBA games might be almost as much effort as Dread needed, so they'd probably give a new game priority.
A remaster of Samus Returns with the same effort as Luigi's Mansion 2 HD (better geometry, lighting, textures) would be possible as a filler tho.

Yeah, I don't see a reason Mercury shouldn't be working on a Dread Sequel. Unless they're working on a quick&dirty Samus Returns remaster, which seems unlikely, given we know they're working on a bigger project, I think?

IIRC Metroid Dread took 3-4 years of development, as they started right once they finished Samus Returns.
So a new one could easily be ready for 2025.

So the mere existence of Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore on Switch had Nintendo scared and they promptly greenlit a sequel to Wand of Gamelon, huh? That's pretty cool! It's about time!

I've been waiting ever since this tweet they made

EDIT: Oh! Apparently there's also this time they acknowledged it (time stamp)

Last edited:

I think at this point Nintendo is saving the DK game for a high profile marketing campaign during the Switch 2's first year.

I wouldn't put too much stock into them trying to coordinate a game launch with the theme park expansion, even if both could be seen as parts of a greater push to get DK back into the spotlight.

The Mario Movie, which is a much bigger deal, was originally slated for December 2022 with no game to go alongside it. It being pushed to April (most likely because of Avatar 2 which it originally shared its release date with) is what made it sort of coincide with Wonder.

I wouldn't put too much stock into them trying to coordinate a game launch with the theme park expansion, even if both could be seen as parts of a greater push to get DK back into the spotlight.

The Mario Movie, which is a much bigger deal, was originally slated for December 2022 with no game to go alongside it. It being pushed to April (most likely because of Avatar 2 which it originally shared its release date with) is what made it sort of coincide with Wonder.
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury came out literally a month before Super Nintendo World opened in Japan. They even delayed the game after the theme park opening was delayed. I'm not saying they have to release something, but there's precedence for it. The Mario Movie didn't need a game "tie-in" because: a) the movie marketed itself, and b) there were already like ten Mario games on the Switch by that point. The same can't be said for Donkey Kong.

Sure but they weren’t just sitting on a mario game like they probably are with DK

What if the Zelda game is a Spirit Tracks rerelease? Technically playable Zelda, has Toon Link like that one leak, very cost-effective. Would still be cool, but wanna temper my hype a bit.

His time has come
I hate to ruin the joke, but... Their. Pretty sure it was said somewhere that Sylux is such a mystery that their gender isn't even known, and aside from one dev, everyone else has referred to them with neutral pronouns.

A remaster of Samus Returns with the same effort as Luigi's Mansion 2 HD (better geometry, lighting, textures) would be possible as a filler tho.
I would love to see this, yeah!

Unless they're working on a quick&dirty Samus Returns remaster
Wasn't the info that they were working on two games? One could be Metroid 6, one could be SR Remastered. (Unless the second was specifically non-Metroid, I don't remember off the top of my head.)

Wasn't the info that they were working on two games? One could be Metroid 6, one could be SR Remastered. (Unless the second was specifically non-Metroid, I don't remember off the top of my head.)
Reminder that they do work with other publishers too, so it might be something not even related to Nintendo

One of the games is a title that they were working on with 505 games, described as a dark fantasy title. The other one is unknown, though very likely to be Metroid imo.

I've been thinking about H2 of this year a bit and honestly, I think we should consider Grezzo's next 2d Zelda. Whether it's another remake or, better yet, a brand-new entry is another thing entirely, but I certainly think it's possible as one of, if not  the big Holiday 2024 game if there's no DK. We haven't gotten 2d Zelda since 2019 so we're definitely overdue for the next one.
Just wanna point out that I totally called 2d Zelda for this year 😎

Is there really going to be a third Mario Party game for the same console? Seems better to save it for Switch 2 launch.
Why not? N64 and GameCube each got 3. Wii and Wii U I think got two? Switch only got one original and the other is a compilation of games that are also available via NSO XP. A second original title for Switch would sell and it’d be available for Switch 2 at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom