• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Connection issues seem absolutely brutal this morning. Couldn’t complete a single match in the past 45 minutes or so. Was positive it must have been my wifi but…I don’t think so, after testing? The match would fill up and then cancel out, or someone would disconnect like a minute into a match, sending me back to the lobby.

What the heck. I’m having a lot of fun online overall when it works, anyway.

Can my friend use my Amiibo to get the gear with it? If she deleted my amiibo save data will I lose the gear's current abilities?

Although I haven't done it myself, I wouldn't expect any issues. Amiibo just save the load-out, not the gear. If you delete a fresh fit, you don't lose the abilities either.

Kind of a random question, but what do you think of this hairstyle? I like it and use it a lot, but people seem to think it's ugly?

Only thing ugly in that picture are the shoes.

And the glasses.

And the pants.

And the rifle.

But not the hairstyle. The hair is slick.

FUCK that part where you have to do what is essentially a blind jump onto a very narrow platform.

“A backwards Squid Roll will get you there”. No Marina, it friggin’ doesn’t, I miss by a hair every time.

I ragequit after the third time I missed.

Kind of a random question, but what do you think of this hairstyle? I like it and use it a lot, but people seem to think it's ugly?

I also use this hairstyle a lot, I think it works really well with the Splatoon 2 earrings you get from the amiibo. I think it looks cool and believe lots of people just have bad taste : p Edit: I forgot to add that I use the thing long eyebrows with it

My other hair cut I use a lot is the “bowl cut” which I also saw people rag on

yeah as someone who uses what is pretty much the platonic opposite of that hairstyle I'd say it's pretty cool

Salmon invasion sounds fun. I vaguely remember it being mentioned in the direct. I wonder if we will be told to do the same thing; there's gotta be something new. Either way, I'm really excited for more Salmon run content

Yeaaa it feels strange to not have a tiny content drop every week with a medium one every month after Splatoon 2 launch. I wonder if we still may get a new map soon, or if those will be included with seasons too.
Manta Maria was 5 weeks after Splatoon 2’s launch, so we should know relatively soon.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they opt for larger seasonal updates over individual map additions though. Three new maps per season, one from each of the previous games and one new map. Flounder Heights, The Reef, and that additional 3rd map we saw in the direct would most likely fill out the first season in that case.

Manta Maria was 5 weeks after Splatoon 2’s launch, so we should know relatively soon.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they opt for larger seasonal updates over individual map additions though. Three new maps per season, one from each of the previous games and one new map. Flounder Heights, The Reef, and that additional 3rd map we saw in the direct would most likely fill out the first season in that case.
I absolutely loved the look of Manta Maria, especially at night. Just a really great looking map.

mkT_Y_kY-OtG2QeWGFsgqMbgvNi8ERFlZNKaBYGY8aI.jpg

I think the only maps from 2 I'd like to see back are Manta Marina and Humpback Pumptrack. Both of those are pretty great in all modes including splatfest at night.

sorry if this seems stupid...What do you mean end of season? I wasnt aware this game had seasons.
You know how the catalog is scheduled to end 11/30? That’s the end of the 1st season. Each new season will bring a new catalog and presumably new maps and weapons.

Each season will last 3 months, so one season per, well, season. We’re currently in the 1st Fall season.

EDIT: Correction, it’s actually called the Drizzle Season.

Last edited:
You know how the catalog is scheduled to end 11/30? That’s the end of the 1st season. Each new season will bring a new catalog and presumably new maps and weapons.

Each season will last 3 months, so one season per, well, season. We’re currently in the 1st Fall season.
thanks!!! I actually never noticed the catalog had an end date. My catalog is at level 72, at the pace I'm going I'll have it maxed out long before then lol

Connection issues seem absolutely brutal this morning. Couldn’t complete a single match in the past 45 minutes or so. Was positive it must have been my wifi but…I don’t think so, after testing? The match would fill up and then cancel out, or someone would disconnect like a minute into a match, sending me back to the lobby.

What the heck. I’m having a lot of fun online overall when it works, anyway.
I’ve experienced connection errors well into a match today for the very first time since playing Splatoon 3. All my previous connection errors happened while matchmaking.

I feel stuff like this happens a bit too often. I just get splatted with no visible indication that this person was even firing at me.

Agreed. I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve exclaimed “who?! What?! How?!” as my character appears to self splat destruct.

So, besides the first star of a weapon's freshness, do you get a Sheldon license each time you level up 1 level?
I've been focusing only in a few weapons and never noticed getting licenses.

I feel stuff like this happens a bit too often. I just get splatted with no visible indication that this person was even firing at me.

Props for quickly getting your reticle back on the target after they just dived smoothly through swathes of your team's ink, tho. Firing animation, direction they're facing, movement... just everything out of sync. Haven't seen it this bad myself.

Well, my joint is rolled and my red wine is popped: it’s almost time for my first real evening with the game lol. And on a TV to boot!

Props for quickly getting your reticle back on the target after they just dived smoothly through swathes of your team's ink, tho. Firing animation, direction they're facing, movement... just everything out of sync. Haven't seen it this bad myself.
Probably cause the host disconnected and the game was choosing a new one while trying to keep everything in sync.

I wish people would learn that in turf war there's no point going much further than the middle. We just lost a game where we had held the middle for about 2 minutes when two of our teammates decided to push into their base, die, and then we couldn't hold them off from taking the middle back.

I could be wrong but just holding the middle always seems like the safer play, especially when we'd been doing it for the first two minutes of the match.

I wish people would learn that in turf war there's no point going much further than the middle. We just lost a game where we had held the middle for about 2 minutes when two of our teammates decided to push into their base, die, and then we couldn't hold them off from taking the middle back.

I could be wrong but just holding the middle always seems like the safer play, especially when we'd been doing it for the first two minutes of the match.
You bet there is! Only thing is when you get splatted it's dangerous so you need to be sneaky. However if you can pull it off, everything you paint kinda counts double: you're gaining where you normally shouldn't and your opponent loses where they normally shouldn't.

It's a gamble but a fun one imo and it can lead to some interesting results as it's not immediately clear which side won.

Next time Museum d'Alfonsino is on rotation you should give it a go. You can loop all the way round the enemy side and paint a lot so it's perfect for this strat

Kinda depends. The risk with being contend to hold 60% of the map is you only need to lose one team battle in the last 30 seconds to lose the whole game. It's playing the "We need to be perfect 100%, they only needs us to fuck up once" game. One way to mitigate that is actually making use of your domination and convert it into more turf. Opponents may be able to paint over 10% in 20 seconds in case your team gets wiped, but 20%? 30%? Harder. Playing aggressively also helps keep enemy respawns staggered and disrupts any of their attempts to slowly build up a counter-offensive once all their specials are active at the same time.

If I'm playing backline and feel secure in my position, I like to see 1-2 teammates push up. As long as they know to back off for a bit if someone loses a fight and until they can superjump to me. Never all three, though. I don't trust randoms that much, although an all-out offense can work magnificently if employed in coordination.

I think that the game should feature something like options for HD rumble. I know you can turn it off in Switch menu completely but I mean something like lowering it a bit, like it was in Mario Odyssey. Playing in handheld with these vibrations aren't really it, it's okay but something like the landing from spawn is really too much for me.

hopes for season 2:

• another squiffer to try out
  • the embiggening of mahi
  • new king salmonid
  • something for using every weapon in single-player
  • weird one: new issues of all the quarterly magazines at hotlandis (I want every train issue!)
  • make flounder heights tall god damn it

All I want for season 2 is more Deep Cut gear. Badges, shirts, shoes, hats, whatever. Let me be a billboard for Splatoon's Team Rocket.

I'm hearing early reports motion control feels better after the update, and I can't tell if it's placebo but it does feel different to me too.

• something for using every weapon in single-player
I worked my ass off to get all the snipers done. I didn't really expect anything as a reward for doing it, but it does feel like a hollow victory without so much as a badge or title for my efforts.

I personally really want more gear! My friends and I used to do fashion shows in Splatoon 2, where we'd pick a theme and everyone would put together an outfit to try and match it. It was a ton of fun, and more drip means more freedom for that! Plus I have nearly all the gear available (89%), so it'd be nice to have more to look forward to too

Got to see my first Cohozuna tonight! Unfortunately we weren’t able to take it down with about 10-20% remaining when the timer ticked down.

But for 4-5 SR shifts and only 1 wipe I’ll take it as a good night.

I was fine with the secret level up until the last portion, nothing about that felt fair or like I would overcome it because of skill. Feel like I just have to keep throwing myself at it until maybe it works and that’s not fun boooo

I disagree - any area considered uncontested immediately becomes more valuable. Re-inking their side also keeps them from the middle for as long as it took for you to ink it.

I worked my ass off to get all the snipers done. I didn't really expect anything as a reward for doing it, but it does feel like a hollow victory without so much as a badge or title for my efforts.

I personally really want more gear! My friends and I used to do fashion shows in Splatoon 2, where we'd pick a theme and everyone would put together an outfit to try and match it. It was a ton of fun, and more drip means more freedom for that! Plus I have nearly all the gear available (89%), so it'd be nice to have more to look forward to too
Love your avatar lol

Unfortunately, the Splatoon 3 servers are seeming to have a lot of problems recently. Hopefully this can be addressed soon. The game doesn't seem to be running anywhere near as well as it did around launch.

I am VERY CURIOUS if Splatoon 3, Mario Rabbids 2, and Bayo3 were supposed to be on mythical new hardware. Couple of weeks and we will see how both Rabbids2 and Bayo 3 run on OG Switch.

If they run bad, I personally wish nintendo may have considered holding more of these games until the new hardware would be released.

Seems likely imo, new hardware in coming in 2023. Question is... will it be BC. I have heard both sides of this. Will it be BC at Home only? (Built into the dock).

Back
Top Bottom