• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I am boned. 3/4 of the way through Live a Live, Xenoblade 3 on hold as my next game, and have Mario X Rabbids coming in next month... and I have played nothing but Splatoon 3.

Still working on story mode before really getting back into the multiplayer stuff, and just beat the second island. What a fun and unexpected boss battle. Was not expecting that at all. I am so curious where the story is going to take me.

Also, thank god the scrolls and logs are not tied to finding them hidden in levels. Reading the Aertna logs... some wild shit!
I am literally on Chapter 6 in Xenoblade, a game I love so dearly and is definitely in the running for GotY for me. And I still can't bring myself to pick it up because of Splatoon.

It is tragic.... But I also want to get to A rank....

whether Sub Resistance Up is worth running one or two of by default now that it no longer works on Inkjet and Tenta Missiles and the like.

I just hate getting Sub combo-ed; especially since I have seen alot of Sloshing Machines in the wild chucking fizzys. But yea, that is a sub that can be changed depending on a players preferences. I wouldn't run two though.

Whats the best way to pregress right now? Getting ability chunks requires to play nomral matches and scrub the splatfest shirt after 2 slots are filled no?

I just had a salmon run where we barely made every round. at the end I had 19 eggs and this oder dude 1.

and into whether Sub Resistance Up is worth running one or two of by default now that it no longer works on Inkjet and Tenta Missiles and the like.

Honestly doubt it's worth it bc of what you mentioned, plus the fact that the most important reason to run it was to make sure your ink armor didnt get broken by the 30 damage hit from bombs

Wait, Sub Resistance Up got nerfed?
Is there a list where I can read about all these changes? I've been out the loop with the datamining and analysis.

Is there a way to upload my replay from the game to my phone or pc?
Unless I missed it, there isn't. It's a shame, really, cause the replay videos look soooo crisp.
The only way is to record 30 seconds of the replay and use the console gallery to upload/copy/download.

Tenta Missiles are still so annoying and probably the number one special that should have never came back.

Currently in A+, almost there to S-...does every god damn person use hydra blast??? Like what the hell, it wasn't this annoying in Splatoon 2?

Just take the hit and stand on a non-inkable surface. They get the kill, but no ink.
That seems like a bad way to deal with them. They are super annoying but you just gotta check your map real quick and slowly move away from your teammates.

Edit - Just realized we definitely have different modes in mind. That should be fine for turf war.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to grind to S+50, but it feels pointless. I've been itching for a more casual ranked mode for years, and open anarchy finally scratches that itch. I don't wanna feel like I have to tryhard in ranked for a bit lol, just S+ is enough for me

I've been wanting to grind to S+50, but it feels pointless. I've been itching for a more casual ranked mode for years, and open anarchy finally scratches that itch. I don't wanna feel like I have to tryhard in ranked for a bit lol, just S+ is enough for me

Yeah thats cool. But i feel like the psychology of X Rank's eventual existence will be interesting to see.

So what’s going on with the Shiver situation?

That the translation in English for them differs from the Japanese version?

Someone was telling me but it was based off tweets and usually that doesn’t mean anything. But for curious about the translation since I recall Splatoon 2 had some interesting changes from English and Japanese

So what’s going on with the Shiver situation?

That the translation in English for them differs from the Japanese version?

Someone was telling me but it was based off tweets and usually that doesn’t mean anything. But for curious about the translation since I recall Splatoon 2 had some interesting changes from English and Japanese
Nintendo confirmed she identifies as female awhile back I think.

Dualies should have a narrow window to dodge roll over shockwaves, it just feels wrong that you can't do it at all. Wavebreaker is already really strong so a small nerf that only applies to 1 weapon class isn't going to be impactful and it would further raise the skill ceiling for the class with the highest one already, which seems like a natural fit for how the class has been treated in 3.

I think I'm getting the hang on motion controls and yeah I can see why stick only people get destroyed.

any advice for

the third wave of octolings in after alterna?

edit: actually I'm good

Last edited:
What's everyone's favorite ink pairing? I love what I like to call the Howard Johnson.
af0ba7f588a9ba4adbc94304f37088c2.png

@Magnet_Man, I hope you don't mind, I'm copying and pasting your RE post here explaining Special Power Up.
It would be cool to have a repository of this type of info/data here, so maybe @Lucyfer could threadmark it. I love me some datamining and demonstration videos explaining stuff 😋

Not at all! Thank you!

Wait, Sub Resistance Up got nerfed?
Is there a list where I can read about all these changes? I've been out the loop with the datamining and analysis.
It was Bomb Defense Up before. It would reduce damage from any weapon that wasn't the main weapon, which included Specials. Sub Resistance Up just reduces damage / effects from sub weapons, so Specials now deal full damage

How do the Miiverse posts work in this game? I went to draw a Splatfest post and it seems like it is forcing me to upload it on Twitter? Do I have to do that or is just hitting minus to save and quit enough to post it in game?

You're right. Those sudden jumps in the meter upon kills stand out. And they're frankly huge for something I wasn't aware factors into the gauge before. But there's also some passive generation going on which confuses me in addition to how rapidly special builds from the mere act of shooting enemies, even before they go splat.
The passive generation happens whenever the opposing team is doing the objective. So if they control the zone in splatzones, have the tower or rainmaker in those games, or open the goal in clam blitz, your entire team will have their specials passively charging.
Tower Control is actually inverted, your team gains special from being on the tower. I believe Clam Blitz is as well, with it filling over time if your team holds a super clam. At least, that's how it was in 2. Not sure if CB changed in 3, pretty certain TC didn't.

And yeah - painting from specials directly doesn't fill the special gauge, but paint from splatting does.

How do the food tickets for team work? I am referring to if more than one person uses it. Does it:
  • Exponentially stack? (If 4 people use it, then it goes to x16, x2 each person)
  • Linearly stack? (If 4 people use it, it goes to x5, adding x1 for each person)
  • Does not stack? (Will be x2 no matter how many people have one active ticket)

Thank you for reading.

I get far too much pleasure from repeatedly bullying this small child at his favorite card game. The rest of the gang isn't as much fun; Mr. Coco is too nice, Harmony is too busy letting her clown fish friend die of neglect to be a worthy opponent, and there's absolutely nothing cool about Cool Jelly.
How do the Miiverse posts work in this game? I went to draw a Splatfest post and it seems like it is forcing me to upload it on Twitter? Do I have to do that or is just hitting minus to save and quit enough to post it in game?
Yeah you have to pair it with a social media post. It's partially to cut down on spam in the plaza and partially to force engagement. I always delete mine right away so no one outside of Splatsville can see it

Yeah you have to pair it with a social media post. It's partially to cut down on spam in the plaza and partially to force engagement. I always delete mine right away so no one outside of Splatsville can see it

Which is a quite terrible system if you, like me, don't use social media at all.

#BringMiiverseBack

Alright I think (for now) I found my two mains: The Range Blaster and the N-Zap. Both do what I want it to do when playing modes. Now to get gear for these items.

I am super frustrated. Keep being on the knell of A rank, only to get into the rank up matches.

The thing is, in regular series, I do completely great. Consistently can win through the series most of the time. But once I get into the rank up matches, I consistently lose. Thing is though, I feel like I'm hardcore carrying the team every time. Everything goes fantastic until I die.

Sigh.....

...wasn't miiverse a social medium?

Not sure if I'd shove it into the exact same spot twitter and Facebook are, honestly. It always felt more like games with integrated message boards than anything.

Nintendo fix your fucking online please. I've gotten a ton of communication errors already.
If you're having an above average amount of communication errors, it's likely something on your side isn't cooperating as well as it should. If you need help improving your setup, you can ask.

I can say so far I've had way less problems than i had with previous games despite my current setup being worse.

Not sure if I'd shove it into the exact same spot twitter and Facebook are, honestly. It always felt more like games with integrated message boards than anything.

If you're having an above average amount of communication errors, it's likely something on your side isn't cooperating as well as it should. If you need help improving your setup, you can ask.

I can say so far I've had way less problems than i had with previous games despite my current setup being worse.
It's not my end. I've used multiple different wifi sources and locations and I've gotten errors on all of them. It's Nintendo.

I'm ashamed to admit today is the first time I've actually listened to the game while playing it, as normally I play while listening to music or old podcasts.

For some reason the game is almost exclusively giving me Japanese lobbies or matching until timeout (180 sec) recently. Wonder what's up with that.

trying to get better at squiffer and good golly can I not aim!
Ah, that brings me back to when I first started out lol. Even now I practice between every match in the lobby.

Keep in mind that people will move more the longer you keep the laser on them, so it may actually be easier to charge off of them and move the laser on to them as it finishes. Also play around with different control sensitivities in the lobby; I personally like playing at +4, though most charger mains recommend going much lower. Find what works for you! (Freshest Fits loadouts even save control settings, so if you do like something different for the Squiffer, you can save that separately.)

btw, I saw someone named raccoon online yesterday. I don't believe it was you, but what's your splashtag number?

I am super frustrated. Keep being on the knell of A rank, only to get into the rank up matches.

The thing is, in regular series, I do completely great. Consistently can win through the series most of the time. But once I get into the rank up matches, I consistently lose. Thing is though, I feel like I'm hardcore carrying the team every time. Everything goes fantastic until I die.

Sigh.....
So, rank up battles are actually harder by design:
Battle together with players in the rank you're aspiring to, and get three wins before three losses to successfully rank up!
which means it finds a match for you as if you were actually in the higher rank. But the matchmaking is so all over the place right now that I'm not sure they're actually much different. Additionally, the implication here is that your teammates should be better too, not worse.

btw, I saw someone named raccoon online yesterday. I don't believe it was you, but what's your splashtag number?
I am not raccoon on splatoon, I thought it wasn't splatoony enough

I am instead raccoden, a portmanteau of raccoon and oden

I do not know my splashtag number though

Wow, Open Anarchy is way softer than Series. I thought that would be where the people serious about ranked would go with their friends from Discord, but the miniscule points gain really drove them away, huh? Enemies are standing still so I can shoot them and the millisecond I poke out of cover I don't instantly have a charger and three Trizookas aimed at my head. Even the S-rank players have more chill. It's like the matchmaking here is broken in a different way because now the losing streak has flipped to winning and winning and winning and winning on weapons I've no business doing well with.

Yeah, this will be my go to for having fun in the ranked modes and leveling up gear. Only downside is not running into impressive players I want to study the replays of because putting on a dominating performance at this level of competition doesn't say much.

Loving the crab, it's like a faster but shorter range Sting Ray :D

Not at all! Thank you!

It was Bomb Defense Up before. It would reduce damage from any weapon that wasn't the main weapon, which included Specials. Sub Resistance Up just reduces damage / effects from sub weapons, so Specials now deal full damage
Never connected the dots that they are actually different abilities :p

It's not my end. I've used multiple different wifi sources and locations and I've gotten errors on all of them. It's Nintendo.
Okay, I guess everyone not having a significant amount of issues means Nintendo specifically hates you. Yes, there's a lot of stuff to fix on the online system in general. No, it's still perfectly playable for most people and disconnects and errors are still a statistical minority.

Look, I've been through this one once already. If you want help improving your online experience on Splatoon 3, I'm offering help. If you just want to blame someone for it and not actually do anything that will give you a very noticeable improvement with little effort, then say so, so I can add you to the ignore list and move on.

Okay, I guess everyone not having a significant amount of issues means Nintendo specifically hates you. Yes, there's a lot of stuff to fix on the online system in general. No, it's still perfectly playable for most people and disconnects and errors are still a statistical minority.

Look, I've been through this one once already. If you want help improving your online experience on Splatoon 3, I'm offering help. If you just want to blame someone for it and not actually do anything that will give you a very noticeable improvement with little effort, then say so, so I can add you to the ignore list and move on.
This seems like an overly aggressive response, the issue is definitely on Nintendo's end, to the point where Nintendo has tweeted about it and apologized. Plenty of others are having the same issues, myself included, and I don't get them in another other game including Splatoon 2. So unless there is something you're supposed to do to get a good connection in Splatoon 3 specifically that isn't required for any other Switch game, it's likely on Nintendo's end and we'll just have to wait for them to fix it.

WTF? If you could not talk down to me like I'm someone who doesn't know what he's talking about, that would be amazing. I didn't say it was like this for everyone. Bugs can happen. It's not my end, I run everything else just fine. God what a shitty unneccessary response. Fuck outta here.

Back
Top Bottom