• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

See? I'm telling you, I have the mind of a master-, master-, I have the mind of a mastermind. What's that? I don't know, but I'm so creative like that.

FjWnu9kWYAItxaC.jpg

Still lost, tho 🥴

I was playing Inkbrush with pretty much Octobrush swing speed but now I'm trying to go as fast as possible 'cause I like the new kit so much (doubted Ink Mine because I thought I'd struggle without a poke tool and I never liked Mine on any weapon before), I want to play it seriously..... it HURTS

Problem is as fast as possible is 10 swings per second and I'm not sure if I'm doing that even with my new technique that hurts 🥲

How is everybody doing in Tableturf Battle? Anybody else still playing?

I feel like I'm the last one left. I'm halfway through Lv. 40 and am only 5 wins away from getting the Jel La Fleur deck (I've beaten him 25 times on Lv. 3 difficulty)

How is everybody doing in Tableturf Battle? Anybody else still playing?

I feel like I'm the last one left. I'm halfway through Lv. 40 and am only 5 wins away from getting the Jel La Fleur deck (I've beaten him 25 times on Lv. 3 difficulty)
I've been losing badly to jellies so...yeah. I've been focusing on the catalogue for now so I can get some more cards. Then Baby Jelly level 3 can stop kicking my ass.

I've been losing badly to jellies so...yeah. I've been focusing on the catalogue for now so I can get some more cards. Then Baby Jelly level 3 can stop kicking my ass.
For real, all of the level 3 difficulty matches can go to splatoon heck. I'm just hoping that they're properly preparing me for what will inevitably be an onslaught of people way better than me at this whenever online mode goes live.

Last night was full of communication errors and lag, the frame rate even dropped very noticeably during a match (like in Salmon Run, which is extremely rare). Lots of disconnects too.

In other news, I was finally able to invest some time with the 8BitDo Ultimate Bluetooth and I can't say I recommend it for Splatoon.
It's a very good controller, built quality seems great so far, but the triggers + Splatoon don't feel like the best combo for me, even though I did modify their sensitivity so their action would be immediate. I assigned their functions to the back buttons too, but my muscle memory didn't cooperate.

Also, I couldn't exactly point out if it was just me being tired, my muscle memory becoming an issue or if there was some gamepad lag involved, but controlling my character felt very floaty and I couldn't play, aim or turn the way I'm used to with the Pro or Hori pads. I did horribly last night, tbh.

These are my results after a couple of days using the 8BitDo.

xEyoG2z.jpeg

SRePY9H.jpeg

vFLracK.jpeg

I started playing OK once more when I switched back to a Hori pad :p

I might try again changing the in-game motion sensitivity, because there is no way to change/customize it in the controller itself through the 8BitDo software.

I had some issues with the D-pad (need to do more testing), but the joysticks felt great, very responsive. Doing squid rolls was like a hot knife through butter: easy and smooth.

What levels are y'all in Tableturf?

I'm a lowly 19. Marvel Snap replaced it as my handheld CCG on the side, but now that card acquisition in Snap has slowed to a crawl, where earning packs in Splatoon is actually faster again, I might get back to Tableturf...

Flounder Heights really emphasizes how much Range Blaster needs Burst Bomb, especially since no one is willing to paint walls

Do we get special cloths or items during big run?

Doesn't seem like it. The rewards as announced are pretty mediocre compared to sea snails from splatfests tbh.

You get a special locker decoration, this one is cohozuna, and the higher you rank, the better it looks (better your highest score, relative to everyone else, means it goes gold, silver, bronze, green, by decreasing position), and the salmon run rewards bar is twice as long before it stops giving rewards every 100p, but that seems to be it.

"It is harder than normal Salmon Run, as every boss has 30% more HP and most of the enemies also move 30% faster. Further, each wave you can find 2 bosses that drop Big Power Eggs. These Power Eggs are worth 5 Power Eggs each."

Amazing matchmaking as always lmao
image.png

Oh, and yeah this game is absolutely cursed

okay seriously how are you supposed to play rainmaker
Kind of a broad question, can you pinpoint what you're struggling with? Have you watched gameplay from top level tournaments to get an idea?

Kind of a broad question, can you pinpoint what you're struggling with? Have you watched gameplay from top level tournaments to get an idea?
so many of these matches are over in under a minute

a group of frontliners sneak in with ninja squid and it's just over

"It is harder than normal Salmon Run, as every boss has 30% more HP and most of the enemies also move 30% faster. Further, each wave you can find 2 bosses that drop Big Power Eggs. These Power Eggs are worth 5 Power Eggs each."

tenor.gif

I'm hoping "unreleased" is code for "this is how we keep the QA testers from getting bored, and won't inflict this on mere mortals".

Deserved award imo. Yes, the online experience should be much better, but in my opinion, the community of Splatoon just feels more engaging inside and outside of the game. I really love the way the community can all come together and talk about some random topic lol(in the plaza).

In other news, I was finally able to invest some time with the 8BitDo Ultimate Bluetooth and I can't say I recommend it for Splatoon.
It's a very good controller, built quality seems great so far, but the triggers + Splatoon don't feel like the best combo for me, even though I did modify their sensitivity so their action would be immediate. I assigned their functions to the back buttons too, but my muscle memory didn't cooperate.

Also, I couldn't exactly point out if it was just me being tired, my muscle memory becoming an issue or if there was some gamepad lag involved, but controlling my character felt very floaty and I couldn't play, aim or turn the way I'm used to with the Pro or Hori pads. I did horribly last night, tbh.

These are my results after a couple of days using the 8BitDo.

xEyoG2z.jpeg

SRePY9H.jpeg

vFLracK.jpeg

I started playing OK once more when I switched back to a Hori pad :p

I might try again changing the in-game motion sensitivity, because there is no way to change/customize it in the controller itself through the 8BitDo software.

I had some issues with the D-pad (need to do more testing), but the joysticks felt great, very responsive. Doing squid rolls was like a hot knife through butter: easy and smooth.
A little follow up:
After using the controller a few more days, I definitely don't recommend it for Splatoon. If your muscle memory allows it, you might be OK with the pad if you assign the triggers to the back buttons, but the triggers don't feel right for the game, even with their sensitivity to the highest and with weapons that only require to keep ZR pressed to shoot.

If you main something that needs tapping ZR constantly (brushes, rollers, brellas, some chargers, splatanas, Nozzlenose, etc), it's definitely a no (but again, the back buttons might solve this for you, or even the turbo function).

And I still haven't being able to figure out if the motion aiming has more lag than the Pro controller or if it's me just being tired (or a placebo 😝).

Splatoon telling me to "make sure my internet isn't busted" or I may face consequences, after the game crashed during a X rank battle we were easily winning is some real adding insult to injury nonsense.

Last edited:
Locking the better matchmaking behind X-rank suuuuucks as I'm here rattling the gate to S+ as my team of one Explosher, three Aerosprays gets annihilated by a perfectly balanced comp of Tentatek, Pro, E-liter and REEF-LUX.

My weekly feedback to nintendo, once again it won't be flattering but I think the state of ranked is dire.
So I dropped S+ and the game in general for a week and unfortunately it seems that X rank has permanently lowered S+ level.
It's still a maddening neverending serie of matches that go nowhere, people feeding so much, lag and unbalanced match
making. I got the same three backlines comp two times in a row while I was the sole shooter and if I continued, probably would have got them again 🤣
3 disconnects in the span of 9 games for a well needed rythm break...
So it has been humbling to lose so much games as I would have hope to be better to carry this mess but I'm not there.

And then during a X match while my team was again the first to be wiped out and accomplishing nothing I just stepped back and had a revelation👁️
Well if the game just doesn't want to give balanced teams and good players just do your match calmly and try to salvage what is possible, maybe with some luck things will happen. It's like the game broke me and I accepted my fate and reborn... I won that match.🧔‍♀️
Then tried a S+ game :
Screenshot_2022-12-09-22-26-30-366_com.nintendo.znca.jpg
While you'll appreciate the symmetry, you'll also see that people just have no time to think and it's always like that but this time...
I could carry and special thanks to the particularly bad junior!

To finish, it's incredible how splatoon is serious business to japanese players.
When you see the comp of X rank there, it's meta everywhere, when I play in our division, it's all kind of goofy stuff that make no sense lol
I also think that this division thing won't work. Tonight I couldn't even find X clam matches and next season now that people saw so much pros and streamers go to Asia division, it will only get worse next season.

Last edited:
so many of these matches are over in under a minute

a group of frontliners sneak in with ninja squid and it's just over
I remembered this video on how to counter Ninja Squid and I can't really add anything so yeah

As for fast knockouts you have to know to play safer, retreat and stay alive when you're at a number disadvantage, since you're often the backline go into defense position where your line of sight allows for narrower angles to shoot at enemies (= no need for wide aiming movements, more time to react to approaching enemies) as soon as you're in a 3v4 or worse since that's when the other team should push the rainmaker, be the anchor for your respawning teammates

Only played one round so far, but Big Run seems neat! Cool to battle on a remixed, but familiar map.

The special Deep Cut theme song remix for this event is incredibly weird and sounds like something straight out of Earthbound (y)

Finally got to log in and props to the devs for making the hub kinda creepy. Looking up at the red sky with all the helicopters is cool!

I've been away all week because my girlfriend was visiting, but wtf this game beat Overwatch and Call of Duty?????

And people still think this is some niche kid's game

Three chargers and a rapid blaster

That's the loadout my team just got in a Wave 3

This is the worst fucking game in the world

I've been away all week because my girlfriend was visiting, but wtf this game beat Overwatch and Call of Duty?????

And people still think this is some niche kid's game

For best multiplayer, yeah. It isn't the first time, either. It beat COD, rocket league and Halo in 2015 as well. 2 was nominated in 2017 but didn't win, but that was the year Battle royale games started to really take off too, so fair enough

I don't think any serious number of people really think it's a niche kids game though 😅

Hopefully the salmonids make a replica of Wahoo World or something because this stage is just way too fun for SR
"What if we kept it locked away instead for another 21 months after this weekend instead, then in some final patch open it up for private matches with friends only, that certainly doesn't miss a huge chunk of the userbase".

Yes I'm still bitter all the splatfest shifty stations got that exact treatment instead of being added to general turf war, how did you know?

What a huge disappointment Big Run has turned out to be. They should have done something cool; like have the basket spawn advance across the map every round as if the players were pushing the salmonids back, or made use of the stage "facilities" so that team wipes simply respawn as if it were a turf war match, or have unlimited time and endless waves that only end with a team wipe, or any number of other ideas. There should always be a guarenteed cohozuna round too. I like the stage, but damn, what wasted potential.

Back
Top Bottom