• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Can't help but have a "that's it?" feeling about that trailer. I hope this isn't what we're ending 3 on (although they could do something epic for Final Fest I suppose)

Lemuria looks great and Sashimori are too good. Salmonid triumvirate is a bonkers idea which almost makes up for not having a 4th king. Looks like the final fest will be the battle of the bands, hopefully that tease means we'll finally get a return to the splatlands. Remember when this game was supposed to be set in the desert?

New map looks excellent based on the overhead. Might've just saved the best or last. Surprised there's been no mention of this being the potential final update; they were quick to say that the last Salmon Run map was the last one but I guess they'll probably confirm that Lemuria will be the last map when they tweet about it. Gives me some hope for an extension update with third kits at the very least.

Can't help but have a "that's it?" feeling about that trailer. I hope this isn't what we're ending 3 on (although they could do something epic for Final Fest I suppose)
That's the same feeling I got from the trailer. Let's just hope that along the rest of May the devs will announce a few more things that were not shown in the trailer.

Also, I hope they bring back at least two retro maps and third kits for the final season (one can dream 🫠).

Edit: new map has the same symmetry as Saltspray Rig and Skipper Pavilion.

Since we're so close to June, the upcoming Direct seems about as good of a time as any for them to confirm a content extension alongside the other stuff people are expecting (Side Order amiibo and Final Splatfest).

Looks like during the triple King fight you get Grizzco weapons instead which is very helpful but....I'm having a hard time visualizing it being possible to actually win outside of getting two or three stringers; even that seems impossible. Joe is a damage sponge with the most health of the three yet is only available for 1/3 of the fight thanks to submerging. Unless Joe's bite attack does a ton of damage to the other two, I can only see four hydras having a chance

And that's setting aside the shockingly low skill level of 95% freelance players still after all this time

I can only imagine the rewards are different for fighting the triad as a result of how difficult it will be, like more scales or guarenteed gold scales. I hope the triple kings show up during regular rotations later. There is that oddly empty space on the App for your boss kill count right next to the other kings

Last edited:
Also, the jelly at the end of the trailer is a teaser for the Final Fest [Squid sisters (handbag) vs Off the Hook (shirt) vs Deep Cut (fan)].
nah that makes too much sense

Jelly Expansion incoming let's gooooooo

Maaan Sashimori is back and they're SWEARING. I love that.

Also, the new map appears to be a train station near the crater where you start the game - but there already was one. Is the new map... The tutorial area?

If this is the last new map, that's pretty cool.

I don't want to jump to conclusions and get false hope, but during the triple king fight, I don't think I see any lesser salmonids or even their ink trail leftovers...

That would be really huge if they didn't show during that fight

Most of the major issues have been fixed over time, but you may still encounter some lag/disconnections if you have a shaky internet connection, or even rarely if you have a good connection
I have a great connection but I used to get disconnected like 75% of the time the first couple of months after launch. Glad to hear it’s better! Might be time to dive back into the ink.

Except for an official announcement. ¯⁠\⁠⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠⁠/⁠¯
I mena the official announcement was the Splatoon 3 Direct which said new seasons would be running for 2 years. So until there is evidence to the contrary I think it makes sense to run with that. Especially with there being no more Salmon Run maps and things pointing to this being the last regular map (space on the PB stage select screen, this map featuring the "Eiffel Tower" from the game's intro so things are going full circle, the last map of S2 also had horizontal symmetry)

I do think there will be more content after this season but I also think that very likely will only consist of "hey here's a Splatfest Tee Replica and Splatfest Private Battles" just like the final content update of Splatoon 2. I don't think Splatoon 2 made any mention of its updates' finality up until that point either, as well.

ProChara posted his estimated specials after watching the trailer slowed down

Range Blaster: Kraken
Dousers: Inkstrike
Heavy Edit: Crab Tank (HRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Hydra: Splattercolor Screen
Recycled: Splashdown
Mint Splatana: Bubbler
Bamboo: Super Chump
Wellstring: Ultra Stamp

Aesthetic wise, the new map looks cool, I always wanted a train station map. But seeing all the un-inkable walls makes me worry this'll have a similar effect as Scorch Gorge.

Speaking op Scorch Gorge, they did show us a bit in the trailer, where I might think they'll renovate it like Mahi, Mincemeat and Undertow.

The new weapons look neat. I love the little delay in the swipe of the new Splatana, in where you can turn your direction. It made me think that I need that, since I play Gold Dynamo often, where I turn my direction in the middle of my swings.

First impression looks good, but I don't wanna get my hopes up that high.

As for third kits and the like, I do think we'll get a trailer on that in the June Direct.

image.png

They are! They are gonna rework Scorge, with proof of the two boxes on the grates. The blue circles I left tho, are the lower side areas, but I find it very suspicious that they won't show those parts in any clip where Scorge is seen, like it's done on purpose. Everything alse looks normal, and I don't think they will rework an entire stage just to place 2 boxes on small grates. So here's me hoping we'll get ramps as an alternate route.

I would be really surprised if this wasn't the final meaningful update. I think we will still get new kits every new season and reruns for Spring/Splatoween/Frosty but that's pretty much gonna be it.

They have to move on to Splatoon 4 at some point. Wonder if it can make it to 2026.

I would be really surprised if this wasn't the final meaningful update. I think we will still get new kits every new season and reruns for Spring/Splatoween/Frosty but that's pretty much gonna be it.

They have to move on to Splatoon 4 at some point. Wonder if it can make it to 2026.
wrt getting new kits that's already more optimistic than what I'm imagining. FinalFest this season, then one last update in September to add Splatfest PBs and the Splatfest Tee Replica (and hopefully also Challenge PBs?)

But I'm also avoiding getting my hopes up too high so we shall see

wrt getting new kits that's already more optimistic than what I'm imagining. FinalFest this season, then one last update in September to add Splatfest PBs and the Splatfest Tee Replica (and hopefully also Challenge PBs?)

But I'm also avoiding getting my hopes up too high so we shall see
We are going to get Tricolor Layout for every stages, they even added new elements for splatfest, they are not going to end the support brutaly. We always had third kits and were always being announced like a month before the original end of support, splatoon 3 will be no different.

We are going to get Tricolor Layout for every stages, they even added new elements for splatfest, they are not going to end the support brutaly. We always had third kits and were always being announced like a month before the original end of support, splatoon 3 will be no different.
I'm sure there will be Splatfest reruns to make use of Fizzbangs more but 2 years is also a long time to have supported the game already. I could see them dropping some 3rd kits without the shebang of a whole season but it really does just seem like the game is gearing up for its FinalFest (which also hailed the end of new content for the last 2 games). At least the ending scene with the jelly with the idol merch seems like it's gotta be a teaser for FinalFest because what else is that supposed to mean

I'm sure there will be Splatfest reruns to make use of Fizzbangs more but 2 years is also a long time to have supported the game already. I could see them dropping some 3rd kits without the shebang of a whole season but it really does just seem like the game is gearing up for its FinalFest (which also hailed the end of new content for the last 2 games). At least the ending scene with the jelly with the idol merch seems like it's gotta be a teaser for FinalFest because what else is that supposed to mean
The idol splatfest, even if it might exist, won't be the final one.
Like we all expected in 2 that Inkling and Octoling would have been the final one but instead we got Chaos vs Order

This is what I think is gonna happen.

Also, the more I watch the gameplay of Mint Decapvitator, the more I love it.❤️

New Splatana and Stringer are getting their second kits at the same time as the original, as expected.

Autobomb + Ultra Stamp and Point Sensor + Wave Breaker respectively.

2026 would make sense for Splatoon 4, I have to imagine Covid is the main reason 3 took so long.

Hopefully they take into account all the feedback from 3 and realize trying to shoehorn three into everything just because it's the third game is kind of dumb. And who knows maybe they will give us good matchmaking for the first time in the series

The way the catalogs have existed up until now have been predetermined since day one of the game's existence, that includes rolling in the new weapon kits into Season 8's drop since they would otherwise be the only weapons left without a kit. If, or when, 3 gets a content extension of third kits or whatever, it stands to reason that it goes beyond that original scope.

So, within this season, all second kits would be completed.

It would be nice to have a third year of support where they added third kits, reworked the remaining "problematic" maps, and kept the balancing patches. Also, this game sometimes feels like the "definitive" entry in the saga, but is missing so many retro maps, I hope we get at least two more extra maps from previous entries.

I hope they don't change Scorch Gorge too much.

Yes, that is now a sentiment that has been expressed once in the history of the world.

Back
Top Bottom