• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does anyone have tips to get out of neutral on Hagglefish against an e-Liter (in soloQ)? Other than... spamming Missiles/Wail/Strike/Booyah/Crab at them every time you want to escape the chokepoint hell

Does anyone have tips to get out of neutral on Hagglefish against an e-Liter (in soloQ)? Other than... spamming Missiles/Wail/Strike/Booyah/Crab at them every time you want to escape the chokepoint hell
drop on the right side and pray your teammates take advantage of the entire enemy team diving on you

Oh the counter to e-liter is simple, just also play e-liter and be better at it than them

The current SR rotation is absolutely a m a z i n g

Every weapon is extremely versatile and annihilates all enemies on sight, plus L3 has the best paint ever and Dynamo covers a whole lot too, Dapples moves super fast, Tri-Stringer for the very long range and unique angles, this comp doesn't have a single weakness except Dynamo being kinda bad for Mothership waves and that's it

It's sooooo good

Every weapon is extremely versatile and annihilates all enemies on sight, plus L3 has the best paint ever and Dynamo covers a whole lot too, Dapples moves super fast, Tri-Stringer for the very long range and unique angles, this comp doesn't have a single weakness except Dynamo being kinda bad for Mothership waves and that's it

It's sooooo good
Should also mention that dapple dualies eat Cohozuna alive

It's sooooo good

Played three shifts now and each run fell apart on the wave I got the Dynamo Roller. The ink inefficency just makes it impossible to stuff holes left by everyone else running around doing their own thing.

Is there any way to report a stage glitch or unintended use? Manta Maria is becoming a headache with some chargers climbing the central mast through a glitch and staying there, untouchables, jumping from platform to platform just killing everyone on sight.

aV9IYbd.png

I don't want to report the users cause I don't know if the use of the bug to gain advantage is report "worthy," but I'd like to report the glitch.

Is there any way to report a stage glitch or unintended use? Manta Maria is becoming a headache with some chargers climbing the central mast through a glitch and staying there, untouchables, jumping from platform to platform just killing everyone on sight.

aV9IYbd.png

I don't want to report the users cause I don't know if the use of the bug to gain advantage is report "worthy," but I'd like to report the glitch.

Report the users. Seriously. Using a glitch to your advantage is absolutely against TOS, and they're doing it intentionally.

aV9IYbd.png

While it is report-worthy, wouldn't it be fairly easy to get to the mast, swim up it and pick them off from there? Depending on your weapon of course, but they can't aim straight down. They're fairly vulnerable because they can't swim away if they choose to stay up there

While it is report-worthy, wouldn't it be fairly easy to get to the mast, swim up it and pick them off from there? Depending on your weapon of course, but they can't aim straight down. They're fairly vulnerable because they can't swim away if they choose to stay up there
I'll post some videos when I get home.

Wow they really are trying everything except raising the Splashomatic's special cost, maybe this time it will be enough Presses X to Doubt

Lots of good things though. Inkjets jumping a little higher than before will take a while to get used to.

The Slosher damage falloff increase is interesting. I wonder if this applies to the close-range sloshing, which is already 50 damage or it won't be affected. This will help it to reliably damage covered foes. The Angle Shooter now covering more terrain is also an interesting change and I wonder how much more ink coverage does for it, especially if it impacts opponents since doing that covers the most ink.

For abilities, Opening Gambit granting 15 seconds of effect is always good, so now only 10 opponents need to be splatted in Turf War to get the max effect (another 8+ in a ranked mode depending on overtime) in theory. Of course, the Intensify Action perk is a really good change to it, helpful for those Blasters. I wonder if anybody's going to attempt a full Opening Gambit run, now that it's more realistic to extend the effect.

Thank you for reading.

Sheesh those burst bomb nerfs are HARSH

Depending on how severe the sub defense changes are, that might just ruin splatana stamper combos 😬

Angle Shooter....meh, make it when it hits a target the paint radius is doubled and okay thats actually something. But just terrain is w/e. Still waiting on the couple of points increase to damage :cry:

Ultra Stamp gets a buff....yay maybe I will play L3D now. Sees burst bomb nerfs...eh maybe not, we'll see.

Jealous of Mini Splattling, all I want is a 3-5% increase firing duration for Heavy and I am good.

Fair nerfs to Kraken without hurting the weapons that arn't that strong.

Overall, solid update even though I am not remotely getting anything I care about. Finally made meaning changes that impacts Splash....but also unforunately hitting some weaker weapons as collateral damage. For example, both L3 kits which already weren't in good spots feel like they got nerfed overall.

Hope this level of changes continues, cuz atm, I am really only playing Splatoon like twice a month at my current rate. Good update.

Wow I was not expecting how big some of these adjustments would be. Meanwhile the Crab and Kraken menaces get minor nerfs that don't touch their biggest issues :/

Wow I was not expecting how big some of these adjustments would be. Meanwhile the Crab and Kraken menaces get minor nerfs that don't touch their biggest issues :/
I think the crab nerf is pretty significant (alongside the previous duration change). If anything, the nerf should be to the Splash-o-matic special meter.

I think the crab nerf is pretty significant (alongside the previous duration change). If anything, the nerf should be to the Splash-o-matic special meter.
It does do something but the main problem seems to be fire and duration rate as well as being pretty durable if you don't have the right specials. Maybe not so much in higher ranks but in vanilla S where I am they still dominate hard

Nintendo: "What's a brella?"
It hurts so much. Brellas are my favourite weapon type, but I hope they leave it out of future games if they're just going to neglect it. No new kit, no buffs, still buggy as can be. Against a Sloshing Machine for example the shield doesn't even function properly.

That said, there are some really nice buffs for weapons that needed it. Snipewriter doing more damage and Mini Splatlings longer firing. Way better than last time's dumb ass Splattershot and Gal .52 buffs.

I don't know if the Hammer buffs will be enough though, it desperately needs armor or protection of some kind

I'm 90% sure they don't even know what to do with brellas, and are leaving them until they figure it out

I get the impression that the nerf to Burst Bomb and Crab Tank are enough of a double whammy to make the Splashomatic less dominant on the whole. Overall feelings about this is gonna have to go into the wait-and-see pile. For now, I appreciate that they aren't taking an outright sledgehammer to dominant weapons.

The new Opening Gambit buff might just make this strat possible for Point Sensor weapons
  • wear Opening Gambit
  • spam Point Sensor
  • every kill your team does is now an assist for you
  • maintain Opening Gambit stat boosts for the entire game

aV9IYbd.png

Here is a video:

It happened for a couple of matches.

Is there a free site for uploading videos without an account? Imgur only allows 60 seconds and Streamable uploads expire after 1 day.

I knew something was very off, so I compared Splatling Reppin' Inkopolis to the original...

7jokbhkm6wq91.gif

Dsnyo-Jy-Ep-Ha9-YLlx.gif

How did they turn the best emote into... this
They're all slightly uncanny, the sniper one as well. In Splatoon 1 the player would aim left and right repeatedly, but now it's only the eyes that look left and right, it's quite weird-looking.

I had a feeling the splatling ones would be weird before the season started due to the size of the heavy and hydra splatlings being different in 3 in comparison to our inklings and octolings.

The best winning pose from 1 has been retained though :)

Here is a video:

It happened for a couple of matches.

As good as that spot looks, I think it's a bad place to be in

You're actually limiting your range and angles, higher up = less reach to what's down below

You can easily get close to the mast or challenge them in other ways, but people weren't really doing that it seems

If you want to farm gold scales, this is your chance. The Hydra Splating destroys the Horrorboros' Booyah Bomb with one full charge and you can finish the extra wave with 50 seconds to spare if your team focuses on the bosses. It has been pretty easy :D

As good as that spot looks, I think it's a bad place to be in

You're actually limiting your range and angles, higher up = less reach to what's down below

You can easily get close to the mast or challenge them in other ways, but people weren't really doing that it seems
It still an advantageous spot for a good charger and an annoyance. You see how dealing with it isn't as easy during the last part, unless you have the range and team work, imo.

If you want to farm gold scales, this is your chance. The Hydra Splating destroys the Horrorboros' Booyah Bomb with one full charge and you can finish the extra wave with 50 seconds to spare if your team focuses on the bosses. It has been pretty easy :D
Can confirm
Fsh-A-faQAAp6Nu.png

Mini Splatling is now a lot more fun to play! It's actually way easier to pick a fight now, because you can fire a bit longer. So far definitely happy that this patch helps some weapons that fell just short of being nice to play

The animation speed for picking up egg is very noticeable :p

This shift is soooo good and I wish I didn't have to work in the morning 😭 or it wasn't a Splatfest weekend :p (I have to farm conch shells if I want to get this season's titles by the next fest, if there is another before June).

Back
Top Bottom