• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
My opinion of Jet Squelcher is slowly increasing. Actually won an X Series with it. Just a few more tweaks or a good Custom set and I'm happy.

Just had a weapon idea that came to me in a dream and was so good it woke me up. A new blaster called the Slideshower (pronounced like taking a shower not slideshow-er). Instead of firing a little explosive which produces a round blast centered on the reticle like every other blaster, it produces a square blast whose top edge is about even with the reticle. This requires you to aim a little bit upwards of where the enemy is to score a direct but would make it extremely good at painting walls and would paint the area at your feet extremely well, making for the first blaster focused on painting. It would look like a slide carousel held vertically with a handle on the right side, rotating slightly with each shot with a distinct sound effect.

Throw me ten bucks Nintendo and the idea's all yours

Just had a weapon idea that came to me in a dream and was so good it woke me up. A new blaster called the Slideshower (pronounced like taking a shower not slideshow-er). Instead of firing a little explosive which produces a round blast centered on the reticle like every other blaster, it produces a square blast whose top edge is about even with the reticle. This requires you to aim a little bit upwards of where the enemy is to score a direct but would make it extremely good at painting walls and would paint the area at your feet extremely well, making for the first blaster focused on painting. It would look like a slide carousel held vertically with a handle on the right side, rotating slightly with each shot with a distinct sound effect.

Throw me ten bucks Nintendo and the idea's all yours
Nintendo: we just had a great idea! A shooter that shoots square shots! :p

Also, I was running a setup of all quick respawn for shits and giggles, but I noticed that at times it simply didn't work. Is there some kind of quirk to quick respawn that it only works x% of the time? Or a cooldown?

Also, I was running a setup of all quick respawn for shits and giggles, but I noticed that at times it simply didn't work. Is there some kind of quirk to quick respawn that it only works x% of the time? Or a cooldown?
It only activates if you haven't gotten a Splat. Assists don't count as Splats. It's why it's so heavily used for seekers because there job is to rush the point and they don't tend to win fights.

Better than my idea of a shooter attached to a long stick
Rifle Spear sounds like a good idea, though how it would work in Splatoon is a different story.

It only activates if you haven't gotten a Splat. Assists don't count as Splats. It's why it's so heavily used for seekers because there job is to rush the point and they don't tend to win fights.
Do also keep in mind, if you trade but your opponent died after you, it counts as a kill for your next life instead.

how is possible that stil when you enter the lobby the game slows for 1-2 seconds. This should have been patched already.
the loading in the lobby has some weird quirks and overall it was a little too ambitious for switch. if you look at the lobby while walking around the terminal you can watch the lockers load in and out of existence lol

silly question, but does quick respawn counter respawn punisher regardless of whether you've killed? I've been running it as anti-respawn but I'm starting to realize it doesn't actually help

Wait, so it only triggers if I have not splatted anyone this life? Or is there a timer after which it resets?
Quick_Respawn_Diagram.svg

It's from Splatoon 2 but mostly holds up.

silly question, but does quick respawn counter respawn punisher regardless of whether you've killed? I've been running it as anti-respawn but I'm starting to realize it doesn't actually help
The effects of Quick Respawn are reduced by 85% if the person with Quick Respawn is defeated by a Respawn Punisher.

Wait, so it only triggers if I have not splatted anyone this life? Or is there a timer after which it resets?
Yes, that's exactly it. The chart posted above looks confusing but 99% of the time, it works just if you haven't gotten a kill.

so the whole time I've used quick respawn with a charger I've seemed like a based idiot

Here's why people use quick respawn in higher level play:

It allows you to make more risky plays to try to open up the game for your team to push in, and if that play goes wrong, it's no big deal because combined with stealth jump, you can throw yourself into another fight in less than 10 seconds.

Even if that jump gets camped, guess what ability comes into play?

:)

It's probably still early, but have you noticed any changes in playstyles since the patch? Any new meta?
Have your opinions or feelings about a weapon/sub/ability/special changed?

I have been busy all week and haven't played at all, so I'm really looking forward to this Saturday ^_^

It's probably still early, but have you noticed any changes in playstyles since the patch? Any new meta?

I have been busy all week and haven't played at all, so I'm really looking forward to this Saturday ^_^
Been seeing a lot of Natalius play. The new Ninja Squid change makes it easier for me to track the enemy in 1v1 but because I play Ranged Blaster that's not as helpful to me as you'd think. I also play in S rank though so that might not be accurate to other metas.

I have been using the Custom Splattershot Jr as my second (I've discovered that I'm an exclusively support player) and the change to special doesn't really impact me much as I still paint fast and I'm usually torpedo spamming anyways.

Loads of tteks and sloshers. Tri strike is super strong now, but still doesn't affect crab 🙃

There's so many burst bombs everywhere, since more people are picking up Splatana Stamper. I regularly get 4 burst bombs thrown at me by 2 people in quick succession.

There is nothing more frustrating, day ruining, and just plain awful than watching a Splat Zone go all the way down to 0 then going through the replay and realizing that you were litertally the only one playing in the Zone and your entire team spent the entire session...painting home base and maybe occasionally throwing...an Inkzooka special towards the zone. Like they threw the specials IN THEIR OWN BASE! This hapjpened three times in a row. People just refusing, as if the base was the opposite of the objective! Why!?! Why does Splat Zones result in people just ACTIVELY refusing to win!?!

EDIT: At this stage, if someone Boyahs! I make a mental note to check if they're actually playing the game because at this point in time, anyone who Boyah's first in a match tends to be a troll or someone who actively maliciously doesn't play.

EDIT2: ...and yep. 6 matches. First 5 matches had 2-3 people Boyah! These people were the ones who would go out of their way to not play. Actively throwing themselves off stage the majority of the game or inking the base then wasting the specials at spawn. The sixth match had 0 Boyah's and we won.

Last edited:
Been seeing a lot of Natalius play. The new Ninja Squid change makes it easier for me to track the enemy in 1v1 but because I play Ranged Blaster that's not as helpful to me as you'd think. I also play in S rank though so that might not be accurate to other metas.

I have been using the Custom Splattershot Jr as my second (I've discovered that I'm an exclusively support player) and the change to special doesn't really impact me much as I still paint fast and I'm usually torpedo spamming anyways.

Loads of tteks and sloshers. Tri strike is super strong now, but still doesn't affect crab 🙃

There's so many burst bombs everywhere, since more people are picking up Splatana Stamper. I regularly get 4 burst bombs thrown at me by 2 people in quick succession.
Well, after playing for several hours last night and today, yep... Everything is Tentatek and Splatana with a few Nautilus here and there. I've seen people using the Jet Squelcher now, so that's cool.

There is nothing more frustrating, day ruining, and just plain awful than watching a Splat Zone go all the way down to 0 then going through the replay and realizing that you were litertally the only one playing in the Zone and your entire team spent the entire session...painting home base and maybe occasionally throwing...an Inkzooka special towards the zone. Like they threw the specials IN THEIR OWN BASE! This hapjpened three times in a row. People just refusing, as if the base was the opposite of the objective! Why!?! Why does Splat Zones result in people just ACTIVELY refusing to win!?!

EDIT: At this stage, if someone Boyahs! I make a mental note to check if they're actually playing the game because at this point in time, anyone who Boyah's first in a match tends to be a troll or someone who actively maliciously doesn't play.

EDIT2: ...and yep. 6 matches. First 5 matches had 2-3 people Boyah! These people were the ones who would go out of their way to not play. Actively throwing themselves off stage the majority of the game or inking the base then wasting the specials at spawn. The sixth match had 0 Boyah's and we won.
HEY! I ALWAYS Booyah! at the start of every match and I play to win :)

This might be expecting a little too much of the reasoning behind timing, but I'm hoping that the three weapons they add to Season 3 of Splatoon 3 starting in the third month are a new Brush, a new Stringer, and a new Splatana, leaving each of the three classes with three weapons.

This might be expecting a little too much of the reasoning behind timing, but I'm hoping that the three weapons they add to Season 3 of Splatoon 3 starting in the third month are a new Brush, a new Stringer, and a new Splatana, leaving each of the three classes with three weapons.
Nintendo: What's that? You want ten new shooters? Got it! /s...kinda

Finally picked this game up and man I'm disappointed. The match making still sucks :/ still getting disconnections every 3rd/4th match cause someone leaving why can't they just use bots if someone leaves... I transferred my splatoon 2 data and every match in ( turf war ) I'm getting matched with like professional players who are destroying my ass wtf I just wanted to play some casual play. Kinda wish there were some fair match making in turf war.

Also been playing for like 4 days and I think I only played 1 new map once??

Really disappointed:(

it's insane how a 2022 game can have a player leave during matchmaking, and instead of the game going "oh, we'll just restart matchmaking!" it boots you out, puts you through a loading screen and forces you to remake the party with your friends

Well, after playing for several hours last night and today, yep... Everything is Tentatek and Splatana with a few Nautilus here and there. I've seen people using the Jet Squelcher now, so that's cool.

HEY! I ALWAYS Booyah! at the start of every match and I play to win :)
I would also like to state for the record I booyah at the start of every match and play to win.
Yeah but if I ever encounter someone griefing 9 times out of 10 it's the one who Boyah's. And it's usually Splat Zones as well.

So as a Ranged Blaster I actually like the shift to this special because that special takes a while to hit, I actually can snipe them in the middle of the attack without too much worry about a counterattack.

Any specific ideas on what you'd like for those classes?

As for me, I'm hoping for a new special and new kits for Snipewriter, Bloblobber, Reeflux and Undercover Brella.

I think the latter is one of the few weapons that can safely receive Tentamissiles

Any specific ideas on what you'd like for those classes?

As for me, I'm hoping for a new special and new kits for Snipewriter, Bloblobber, Reeflux and Undercover Brella.

I think the latter is one of the few weapons that can safely receive Tentamissiles
I think really the only way to go is to put missiles on weapons that paint poorly, or weapons that compete with flingza, so that you wouldn't want 2 of them on a team comp. Things like backlines or other things that like to sit back more.

I have been farming coins with the Aerospray, I hope you don't mind me posting a few videos.

And lastly, nerf the sprinkler :p

I actually laughed out loud with that splat :p

I don't get what it is when people see the Ranged Blaster they think "Ok, I don't have to play". Five matches where I won the "#1 Ink Turfer" award in a row. Five times where the Custom Splattershot Jr, the Tentaatek Splattershot, and the Heavy Splattling all have less than 300p according to the results. I won't be punished if I report these players right? i can't be at fault for being frustrated at this bullshti right?

Edit: Because I don't want to be that negative, I did manage to make up all the points and more by doing my first series in a while and getting a 4-3, so yay.

Last edited:
Battling the same builds over and over again sure gets old fast when the matchmaking puts the same players together 90% of the time.

Gotta be honest, as someone who's really getting into Splatoon for the first time (despite having played a decent amount of 1 and 2), figuring out the gear system for min-maxing is a fresh hell for me

I have snapped. Playing as poorly as possible just to see how people react. How do the S+ people react to someone who walks everywhere? What do they think of someone walking away from the objective? What do they think of bombs being yeeted away from anyone?

edit: as expected this has had no bearing on my results at all. I think it's past time I quit playing this game

Last edited:
Gotta be honest, as someone who's really getting into Splatoon for the first time (despite having played a decent amount of 1 and 2), figuring out the gear system for min-maxing is a fresh hell for me

Are you using Sendou.ink? The build analyzer allows you to check what impact each single sub or main of an ability has on a specific weapon. It still takes a good deal of tinkering to find the right combination of gear that covers most of what you want, but the tool removes the painful parts where you have ten browser tabs open to cross-reference cut-off points for diminishing returns and other key thresholds worth knowing.

tried in one match and lost, didn't try in the next and my teammates won

I truly have no bearing on anything that happens in this game

I actually almost never Booyah as I am superstious and always believed in earlyy Splatoon that Booyahing meant you were too cocky that you are going to win. Yeah it makes no sense but thats just my weird belief and will only Booyah if its a bomb or I strongly believe our win is secured.

I actually almost never Booyah as I am superstious and always believed in earlyy Splatoon that Booyahing meant you were too cocky that you are going to win. Yeah it makes no sense but thats just my weird belief and will only Booyah if its a bomb or I strongly believe our win is secured.
BOOYAH BACK, YOU COWARD! 😜

I always Booyah! at the start of a match, for me it means "Good luck! Let's do our best and have fun!" :p
I also always Booyah! when someone assists me on a splat or if a teammate splats the player that just defeated me (still on camera). And after a wipeout too :D

Back
Top Bottom