• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

the coolest thing I've ever done in this game is still sneaking around hagglefish with e-liter to take out the other team's e-liter on the perch

more stages that let you be cool would be greatly appreciated
I see you're looking for this

Map_Bluefin_Depot_Splat_Zones_Overhead.jpg

Now as a Nintendo developer I must find a way to ruin Bluefin Depot. How about removing the entire 2nd mid? Or better, make it a split splat zones between the two!

I don't know about the support since anything relevant is yet to happen, but the base game is quite disappointing overall. Bad maps, lingering balancing issues, absolutely dreadful netcode... Splatoon is one of Nintendo's flagship license, and after 5 years, one could have expected better for such a cash cow.
I gotta agree with "bad maps", maps design (at least for PvP, SR ones are cool) really went downhill in this game.

They rarely feels unique, most are small and share a similar layout.
I have low confidence that they will "fix" this, but having those in the long run will be a pain for sure.

I’m not really that bothered by the slower seasonal rollout, but I do agree that Nintendo could’ve been more clear about it, particularly in regards to stages. A tweet detailing how seasons work would’ve been much appreciated.

Going through all of October without a Splatfest or Big Run is just silly though.

I don't know about the support since anything relevant is yet to happen, but the base game is quite disappointing overall. Bad maps, lingering balancing issues, absolutely dreadful netcode... Splatoon is one of Nintendo's flagship license, and after 5 years, one could have expected better for such a cash cow.
I agree about the bad netcode, but I actually find the map designs quite good. I like the new maps more than most of Splatoon 2's maps.

I agree about the bad netcode, but I actually find the map designs quite good. I like the new maps more than most of Splatoon 2's maps.
I'd love to hear which specifically you're thinking of from both games, because a lot of the later 2 maps also stink

I see you're looking for this

Map_Bluefin_Depot_Splat_Zones_Overhead.jpg

Now as a Nintendo developer I must find a way to ruin Bluefin Depot. How about removing the entire 2nd mid? Or better, make it a split splat zones between the two!
"The Inkopolis safety council decided having two large platform bridges was too dangerous, so they've merged them into one big platform in the middle"

I wouldn't mind a nerf to the number of enemies in Salmon Run, not because of difficulty, but because it's clear the game can't handle it well.

I honestly don't know how people in VP +400 and really high hazard levels do it.

Anyway what are we expecting for the new season? My expectations are

3 maps (Flounder, The Reef due to datamined references, Egyptian map). Flounder is even shorter than in the direct screenshot
A returning Salmon Run map (I'd prefer Marooner's Bay) and 1 new king salmonid
24 new weapon kits, 1 new main weapon (my hope is for a nautilius/goo tuber style stringer), all get new tableturf cards
2 new songs from a returning band (either Chirpy Chirps or Ink Theory)
Either Tableturf multiplayer or Squid Beats 3 but not both
League and x-rank added
New clothes but no way to acquire past catalog items in season 2

idk it makes too much sense to me that the season 2 catalog 2 will be the season 1 catalog 1 (instead of a mystery box-only catalog) and it'll keep backing up old catalogs like that with each new season. For instance during Season 8 you'd get the season 3 catalog 1 in your 6th catalog

I'm expecting more character customization. Incomplete data for things like freckles and scars was found, so I think we might get that

If there was a Big Run with the minor slap on the hand for Tentamissles and Sloshing patch, I think less people would be dissatisfied. I feel like they communicated the seasons appropriately. However, I think most people assumed we would be getting at least one event every month ala Splatfest and that imo is where they failed to communicate.

Seems like 'Water' is dominating Japanese polls, 'Fire' is winning in (most) English-language ones - and 'Grass' is the least popular everywhere.

I wonder if 'Grass' will end up being the 'Grub' of this round.

Another weird quirk that helped add to the confusion over the content rollout comes from the season branding, or rather the lack of it. Most other games with this kind of seasonal content give their seasons some clear branding that ties into the theme or the additions in the season which makes the seasonal format feel like a big deal. Here this first season is just named Drizzle Season 2022 (Why? Is Drizzle Inkling slang for Autumn? Drizzle seems more closely associated with Spring... Are Splatsville and Inkopolis in the Southern Hemisphere?) and that's kind of tucked away, which implies that the season format isn't that significant. It's a little understandable since they don't have to sell anything but still it's a small area for improvement.

There's also nothing in-game to indicate when or what things are added to the game, in the future I think a link to the Switch news post about the new season would be important for less-connected players. Too many people didn't know tableturf was a thing or couldn't find it and I imagine other features could be ignored or lost in the future.

I am officially Team Fire
I am disappointed in Grass Starter. I have no opinion on Water Starter but picked water last gen, so fire it is.

in the new game I'm probably gonna get the stuffed pepper but water has the best starters and big man

#TeamWater

When I picked my team there were no pokemon silhouettes on water even though there were on fire and grass 🤨 (yes I selected each of them to check)

Heavy Splatling sure feels great when the other team doesn't have any chargers. 2-3 more points in damage and an alt kit with Splash Wall would be nice for better performance.

Edit: on a side note. Based on my friends list, Water is most popular with Grass and Fire being tied atm.

Last edited:
Anyone knows how the bosses are counted for the splats badges?
Is it individually each time you kill one? Do assists count?
Or is it by the whole team at the end of a wave (meaning if your partners defeated them, it also counts for you)?

Anyone knows how the bosses are counted for the splats badges?
Is it individually each time you kill one? Do assists count?
Or is it by the whole team at the end of a wave (meaning if your partners defeated them, it also counts for you)?
Splatoon 3 app via NSO app shows you which bosses you killed each job.

To see that info go to Salmon Run section, select a job, and then scroll down. The numbers in parentheses are the ones you killed.

I've looked this up before and couldn't find a confirmed answer but the consensus is that assists don't count - it's who gets the final blow.

Edit: maybe I'm slightly too passionate about this game

Anyway, been using Zipcaster lately:

What's people's opinion on it? As for me, it's kinda all or nothing, I either do great and splat multiple people or get instantly splatted upon impact

Last edited:
^ It says the video is private and can't be watched.

Splatoon 3 app via NSO app shows you which bosses you killed each job.

To see that info go to Salmon Run section, select a job, and then scroll down. The numbers in parentheses are the ones you killed.

I've looked this up before and couldn't find a confirmed answer but the consensus is that assists don't count - it's who gets the final blow.

Thanks!
Individually and no assists... A bummer :(

Edit: maybe I'm slightly too passionate about this game

Anyway, been using Zipcaster lately:

What's people's opinion on it? As for me, it's kinda all or nothing, I either do great and splat multiple people or get instantly splatted upon impact

My opinion is that you don't want to use it to throw yourself straight at people. You wanna zip behind people slightly out of their range, and then threaten them from there, as a distraction so your team can attack

Balancing issues aren't too bad tbh, maybe only sloshing machine should be nerfed. But elitre for example is only strong because of bad map design

S
Balancing issues aren't too bad tbh, maybe only sloshing machine should be nerfed. But elitre for example is only strong because of bad map design

Rather than individual weapons, it's more that the result of a game seems more dependent on team composition than it was in Splatoon 1 and 2, though that could also be related to the bad map design.

Still, some weapons need a buff or at least a new kit. The splattershot pro of course, but brellas seem barely used in this game compared to the previous one.

S

Rather than individual weapons, it's more that the result of a game seems more dependent on team composition than it was in Splatoon 1 and 2, though that could also be related to the bad map design.

Still, some weapons need a buff or at least a new kit. The splattershot pro of course, but brellas seem barely used in this game compared to the previous one.
Yeah, rollers could also do with some added consistency, especially Dynamo

sorry for the double post but one of my favorite youtube channels posted an immaculate ink theory cover

he's done some other great Nintendo covers (and other music of course) so be sure to like and subscribe

I admit that I'm rarely using squid roll effectively, and even less squid surge. Yet, I'm far into S+. Squid rolling from a wall is sometimes helpful though, especially when fighting 2 opponents.
I like the idea of those new moves, but I wish they were designed in a way that made them more "useful", though I don't know if useful is the right term.

I admit that I'm rarely using squid roll effectively, and even less squid surge. Yet, I'm far into S+. Squid rolling from a wall is sometimes helpful though, especially when fighting 2 opponents.
I like the idea of those new moves, but I wish they were designed in a way that made them more "useful", though I don't know if useful is the right term.
Squid Surge could be made a little more effective, but Roll is huge for weapons that aren't super mobile while shooting. Blasters and rollers come to mind. Plus it basically gives dualies an extra roll they can cancel into their other rolls. It's a really good mixup, but weapons that are already super mobile like shooters benefit less from it

Also, unrelated but swim speed and intensify action don't do much for squid rolls, they don't make them easier to do but rather make it so you lose less momentum after landing from one

Squid Surge could be made a little more effective, but Roll is huge for weapons that aren't super mobile while shooting. Blasters and rollers come to mind. Plus it basically gives dualies an extra roll they can cancel into their other rolls. It's a really good mixup, but weapons that are already super mobile like shooters benefit less from it

Also, unrelated but swim speed and intensify action don't do much for squid rolls, they don't make them easier to do but rather make it so you lose less momentum after landing from one

I'm using it a bit with the 96gal, but it's not really a game changer for me. Similarly, I don't have an example of someone saving their ass from me with roll. But that's just me.

Ink Vac shenanigans:

^This one was almost really nice, but I got greedy at the end lol

^One of those weird charger matches where I somehow play well despite getting no splats with my main weapon...

^Switch clips are too short, the two splats I got before this comeback were just barely cut off :(

Ink Vac shenanigans:

^This one was almost really nice, but I got greedy at the end lol

^One of those weird charger matches where I somehow play well despite getting no splats with my main weapon...

^Switch clips are too short, the two splats I got before this comeback were just barely cut off :(

Nice! I'm really hoping for a vac buff in the big balance update.

To record "longer" clips, use the fast forward feature in replays:

The next Switch really needs to allow 60 seconds (at least) videos.
Anyway, I've been using the Splattershot Jr. to farm coins and I had forgotten how fun it is 🤩

Nice! I'm really hoping for a vac buff in the big balance update.

To record "longer" clips, use the fast forward feature in replays:

The next Switch really needs to allow 60 seconds (at least) videos.
Anyway, I've been using the Splattershot Jr. to farm coins and I had forgotten how fun it is 🤩

I'll have to remember that for next time I have a clip that's a little too long, thanks!

I'm personally hoping they leave vac alone. Even if I can sometimes get fun clips like the ones I posted with it, I'd hate to see it get better because I've never been a fan of specials like this.

3imojb02p0y91.jpg

Ah, I see we're continuing the trend of the Idols being barely functional lesbians

(Yes yes I know this is referring to the pokemon let me have this)

Back
Top Bottom