• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (World's End Splatfest announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I'm finding the Triple Inkstrike spam way more annoying than Booyah bomb, crab or missiles ever were :p

I joined this Splatfest late and only got maybe a half dozen games in by now, but is Mincemeat the best Tricolor stage yet?

At first I thought it favored attackers because they get free turf like defenders don't. But as I played more I discovered there were terrain features on both sides that can be used to lock out the other. I saw defenders absolutely dominate games where they gave up two signals and I saw attackers win despite not getting a single signal.

Could... could Tricolor Mincemeat Metalworks actually be one of the most balanced map/mode combos in the game?
Both Mincemeat Metalworks and Undertow Spillway are better in their Tricolor iterations, so I agree.

It's finally over! This was the second worst Splatfest for me so far. It really makes my doubt my competence for the game :p

I ended up with a 34:14 ratio thanks to Tricolor, tho.

It's been like 3 Splatfests in a row where I haven't been able to play much but I managed to get to Ruler this time at least. Go Dark!

BIG MAN SWEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

White chocolate winning popularity is wild, never in a million years would I have guessed that. I don't know how I didn't get a single mirror match in the entire splatfest

I'm 4/4 for in-game Splatfest teams, only one I lost so far was Scissorsgate. I'm surprised White Choco won considering it was being trash talked a lot lol

Yeah this new result calculation system is awful. With the tricolor revision it's essentially impossible to win if you aren't the popular choice, there's no actual way to comeback.

Yeah this new result calculation system is awful. With the tricolor revision it's essentially impossible to win if you aren't the popular choice, there's no actual way to comeback.

Sigh, no. Literally all the modes scores are rescaled to team size, so popularity has almost nothing to do with the final result, and the actual vote amount is worth less than ever. Popularity has affected the winner in exactly 1/4 Splatfests and probably Bo more going forward.

You don't even need to 'comeback' the open mode score to be able to win a y more because of tricolour being split off like it is.

It hasn't happened yet but there was no comeback happening this round either because this map literally favoured the defenders.

Ahh yes, SplatoonJP posting the remaining 2 shopkeepers... I wonder why they posted 2 per day...

Almost as if they have to get it all out of the way before a certain trailer

u8ty1cj0un

It will be tomorrow imo, because the NA account still has to tweet about the 2 remaining shopkeepers today at 15.00 CET, like they did with the other 2. So they won't tweet about the trailer today.

Would love to be wrong tho

In the same situation here... Apparently the MK8DX Expansion Pass bought via code didn't redeem till the first wave actually launched. Going to try and confirm tomorrow.

Got a message back, they are waiting for a confirmed release date from Nintendo (very likely the date of the first wave) so we can’t redeem the code until then. That’s how it worked on the MK8 expansion pass as well, hopefully will launch April

I didn't have time to play until late Sunday evening, but I supported my team by snacking on white chocolate bars and white chocolate covered ice cream all weekend even when I didn't think they had a chance.

Always vote your conviction, kids. The world will reward you.

the nice thing about this over a direct is that there is in fact a deadline

we'll 100% know what we're getting on March 1st

well, because we're behind schedule. why do you think they haven't talked about it? it's out in two weeks, it's not like they aren't ready

Season 3 is delayed, clearly Nogami has nothing cooking for the next 3 months, all hands are on deck for the Splatoon 4 launch. Game on its twilight weeks at the end of its lifetime.

Jelonzo never struck me as the home renovation type but good for him

Season 3 won't be shown until Wednesday or Thursday. Spyke and the new merch store will be tomorrow and I bet they'll spend a day's posts to talk about the lobby, which will be identical to the Splatsville one. We desperately need more Glen Fiddler lore

I was wondering if SplatoonJP's tweets timeline leading up to Chill Season could inform us about some deadline for a trailer but meh

Nov 14 (Mon.) - Chill Season Trailer
Nov 15 (Tue.) - Splattershot Nova | Brinewater Springs
Nov 16 (Wed.) - Big Swig Roller | Flounder Heights
Nov 17 (Thu.) - Snipewriter 5H | X Battle
Nov 18 (Fri.) - Marooner's Bay

Nov 21 (Mon.) - Aerospray RG | Slosher Deco | Catalog
Nov 22 (Tue.) - Inkbrush Nouveau | Dapple Dualies Nouveau | Gear
Nov 23 (Wed.) - Japan Holiday
Nov 24 (Thu.) - Forge Splattershot Pro | Locker Decorations & Stickers
Nov 25 (Fri.) - Zink Splatling Mini

Nov 28 (Mon.) - Custom Splattershot Jr. | Carbon Roller Deco | Tableturf Battle Cards | Battle Music Names
Nov 29 (Tue.) - Patch notes | Big Run (2, 3)
Nov 30 (Wed.) - Tentatek Splattershot | Recon Photo Mode | Salmon Run Scenarios
Dec 01 (Thu.) - Chill Season

12 days of tweets

Until the beginning of Fresh Season we have:

Feb 15 (Wed.)
Feb 16 (Thu.)
Feb 17 (Fri.)

Feb 20 (Mon.)
Feb 21 (Tue.)
Feb 22 (Wed.)
Feb 23 (Thu.) - Japan Holiday
Feb 24 (Fri.)

Feb 27 (Mon.)
Feb 28 (Tue.)
Mar 01 (Wed.) - Fresh Season

9 possible days left for tweets

Last edited:
I would love Saltspray Rig to come back with some adjustments for the Ranked modes...
but if they remade it to be more boring like most of the 1 remakes, it'd be a bit sad.

Oh yeah, since we know Wave 1 is coming sometime next season (unknown whether day 1 or not), I guess the last few days of tweets count as Season 3 tweets too

My guesses for this season

2 maps, Egyptian map and The Reef
League mode added
2 new weapons (charge hold stringer (it's gotta happen eventually) and a splatana with side dashes), 15 new kits.
1 new Salmon map and 1 new King Salmonid. Big Run comes in May to the Egyptian map, datamined but not announced until after the midseason update
1 new band, 1 returning band
Tableturf multiplayer added along with new tableturf splat zones mode (only a certain area in the middle of the map counts for points). Not integrated in lobbies, accessed by talking to Marigold. March's event is a Tableturf tournament, described as the "annual" big tournament. A bunch of new card sleeves added
Isopadre visits the hub on weekends without events to sell past catalog gear and emotes.
Expansion Pass Wave 1 comes with the mid-season update and the April splatfest, which will be for planes, trains, and automobiles to tie in with the whole intercity transport theme. Big Man loses because he can't fit into a normal Inkopolis car

My guesses for this season

2 maps, Egyptian map and The Reef
League mode added
2 new weapons (charge hold stringer (it's gotta happen eventually) and a splatana with side dashes), 15 new kits.
1 new Salmon map and 1 new King Salmonid. Big Run comes in May to the Egyptian map, datamined but not announced until after the midseason update
1 new band, 1 returning band
Tableturf multiplayer added along with new tableturf splat zones mode (only a certain area in the middle of the map counts for points). Not integrated in lobbies, accessed by talking to Marigold. March's event is a Tableturf tournament, described as the "annual" big tournament. A bunch of new card sleeves added
Isopadre visits the hub on weekends without events to sell past catalog gear and emotes.
Expansion Pass Wave 1 comes with the mid-season update and the April splatfest, which will be for planes, trains, and automobiles to tie in with the whole intercity transport theme. Big Man loses because he can't fit into a normal Inkopolis car

Any references to The Reef were deleted in last patch, iirc

Back
Top Bottom