• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Man nothing is more awful than playing a game and not realizing that your teammates are jackasses until after the victory

IMG_0857.png

And...that's enough Splatoon for the day. Time to report this team and head off to bed.

It really says something about the game/turf wars how only the last minute (or even the last 30 seconds) matter in most matches. I love TF, but it's frustrating and disheartening.

The combo of white vs dark chocolate's ink is really pretty. Shame you barely get to see it.
I was just telling my BFF exactly that. Loving the combo.

Last edited:
I am pretty out of practice since I haven't been playing and my team White Choc teammates seem pretty young. I'm not having a good time lol

I’m not surprised the EP isn’t in the NSO sub. Splatoon is popular but it’s not MK8 or AC popular… yet. At this point the appeal isn’t going to significantly raise subs, and they probably expect they can get more money through eShop purchases now. I think it’ll eventually hit the sub but probably not for at least 6 months after Side Order launches.

Have they ever said why we can't keep the Splatfest tees after the Splatfests? I think building a collection of them would be cool.

Totally forgot about the splatfest. Gonna have to go dark even if they are losing. Popularity needs to be taken completely out of the equation for these things though.

Last edited:
Have they ever said why we can't keep the Splatfest tees after the Splatfests? I think building a collection of them would be cool.
I assume it's a combination of things.
1. The inventory system feels unwieldy now in season 2, can you imagine what it would be like come season 8 in addition to having potentially 2 full pages of t-shirts to it? Eventually there may be hardware limitations at some point, so if they have limited spots there are probably better things to spend them on.
2. If you want to fix problem #1 by making it so that you get 1 replica Splatfest tee item but you can change the design, that's a big UI challenge that's just probably not worth the trouble.
3. I think they want ability doubler to be special and don't want to give players access to it outside of splatfests and their preview.
4. Potential for confusion over scrubbing costs.
5. Adding another barrier to having a full collection would annoy some players.

Totally forgot about the splatfest. Gonna have to go dark even if they are losing. Popularity needs to be taken completely out of the equation for these things though.

I remember the first Mayo vs Ketchup Splatfest in Splatoon 2 where Ketchup was the most popular choice in Europe and America (not Japan tho) by a lot and still managed to lose against Mayo.
I get the point, yeah, but I think sometimes not even being the most popular means an insta-win.

I remember the first Mayo vs Ketchup Splatfest in Splatoon 2 where Ketchup was the most popular choice in Europe and America (not Japan tho) by a lot and still managed to lose against Mayo.
I get the point, yeah, but I think sometimes not even being the most popular means an insta-win.
It is true. I think it’s in the 3 team format that it has too much advantage. I would routinely pick Pearl in 2 because Marina would be overwhelmingly more popular (I don’t think people even looked at the options but just picked her) and we usually won it seemed. I just think they should have much more favor for the wins

Someone spawn sniped me with a thrown Ultra Stamp from like halfway across the map, can't even be mad

You know it's super great asshole discovered that my username is close to an email address. It's even greater when they purposefully find that address to let me know I'm a piss of shit because I was the reason why they lost their 333x game. It's super great to get a bunch of spam emails telling you to commit suicide, especially since you suffer from depression and had panic attack as a result. Man I sure do love it when people seem determined to send me hate no matter what I fucking do. Can't ever fucking win. Even in a game I like. Man isn't it just fucking great

This splatfest made me wonder how they will handled some things once the Inkopolis dlc is out : will Calie and Marie pick a side ? What about the fact there is 3 options now ?
Also what about that general store ? Do you think they will add one with a new npc ?

I'm convinced that milk will win. I was playing great last night and early today, but right now I've lost the last 10~12 battles, including a 100x and several 10x. It's also extremely laggy tonight, with players disappearing and appearing, delayed splats, floor painted out of nowhere and weapons shooting "air". And for some reason, the game has decided to put me against one particular player 8 out 10 times and they are just too good (not a single match where they haven't killed at least 12 opponents). I'm getting frustrated and I'm feeling extremely incompetent 🙃

You know it's super great asshole discovered that my username is close to an email address. It's even greater when they purposefully find that address to let me know I'm a piss of shit because I was the reason why they lost their 333x game. It's super great to get a bunch of spam emails telling you to commit suicide, especially since you suffer from depression and had panic attack as a result. Man I sure do love it when people seem determined to send me hate no matter what I fucking do. Can't ever fucking win. Even in a game I like. Man isn't it just fucking great
OMG! That's horrible. I'm sorry that you're going through that experience. Is it all coming from one address? Can you block it/them?
Obviously change your Switch/Splatoon name to something more generic.

I'm convinced that milk will win. I was playing great last night and early today, but right now I've lost the last 10~12 battles, including a 100x and several 10x. It's also extremely laggy tonight, with players disappearing and appearing, delayed splats, floor painted out of nowhere and weapons shooting "air". And for some reason, the game has decided to put me against one particular player 8 out 10 times and they are just too good (not a single match where they haven't killed at least 12 opponents). I'm getting frustrated and I'm feeling extremely incompetent 🙃

OMG! That's horrible. I'm sorry that you're going through that experience. Is it all coming from one address? Can you block it/them?
Obviously change your Switch/Splatoon name to something more generic.
I blocked it. And yeah, time to change my username.

I'm convinced that milk will win.

Right now I'm not sure.

Milk definitely has popularity down, but White has open turf war pretty much locked, as well as the sneak peak which means they only need to win one of pro mode or tricolour to win, and it feels like this tricolour map actually heavily favours defenders for once (based on me playing three rounds, lol) which means it's leaning to a bigmansweep this time right now

Right now I'm not sure.

Milk definitely has popularity down, but White has open turf war pretty much locked, as well as the sneak peak which means they only need to win one of pro mode or tricolour to win, and it feels like this tricolour map actually heavily favours defenders for once (based on me playing three rounds, lol) which means it's leaning to a bigmansweep this time right now
Well, based on my last 50 battles, white will lose Pro 🤕

Tricolour is still fun, but the map feels too boring to me. Obviously they had to work with the existing version, but that only highlights how uncreative those are.

Holding out hope that the new season finally provides some more wacky maps. You'd almost think Order won the final splatfest in 2

Fowk2dhakAA4TAS

This is why I fall off these games lol

If there were any decent rewards for playing well even in defeat then a W/L ratio like this would feel a lot better. However, since the vast majority of your progress comes from the often-arbitrary 'DID YOU WIN OR NOT????' question, most games end up feeling worthless. It often just feels like you're waiting for the game to give you a lucky run of playing against shitty players to make any real progress towards stuff.

I started playing Tricolor cause I got tired of losing in Pro.
I'm doing way better and this version of Mincemeat Metalworks is much improved (I hate the regular map), but I already have had 7 mirror matches (all 8 players were white chocolate).
It's fun to mess around cause you won't get any points, but it's odd that there aren't enough people playing Tricolor from other teams.

I had an awful start yesterday, got back into the groove and am now 3/3 wins in 10x battles 😎 Go White Choco!

Edit: 4/4 lets gooo! Splatanas rise up

Last edited:
Why am I always on the fucking defending team. Every fucking time. It sucks so much. 5 straight battles and defending team every time. Why do they do that when Dark Chocolate is already losing anyway? I just want to play on the other team one time ffs

Friendly request:

If we're gonna salt post in here, can we keep it civilized and surface level? Constant swearing and venting creates an unwelcoming atmosphere that makes it awkward for others to contribute.

Thanks 🙂

Anyone think that with Inkopolis that’s coming in Wave 1 they might also include the single player campaign from Splatoon 1? Could be a neat little thing to surprise us with when it launches.

Speaking of, when does this launch? I bout a code from Shopto but I can’t redeem it yet
In the same situation here... Apparently the MK8DX Expansion Pass bought via code didn't redeem till the first wave actually launched. Going to try and confirm tomorrow.

Tricolour is still fun, but the map feels too boring to me. Obviously they had to work with the existing version, but that only highlights how uncreative those are.

Holding out hope that the new season finally provides some more wacky maps. You'd almost think Order won the final splatfest in 2

Couldn't disagree more, I thought this was the best Tricolor map yet by far. Shocked they were able to make even a halfway decent stage out of Mincemeat.

In the same situation here... Apparently the MK8DX Expansion Pass bought via code didn't redeem till the first wave actually launched. Going to try and confirm tomorrow.

I don't remember that being the case, and my shopto account says I bought the pass well over a month before the first set of tracks launched. My splatoon code doesn't work either though.

Couldn't disagree more, I thought this was the best Tricolor map yet by far. Shocked they were able to make even a halfway decent stage out of Mincemeat.
Oh it's certainly not bad, but I prefer Undertow Spillway. I was just blabbering about wanting something unique, like vacuum propellers, elevators, inkrail, those kind of things. Tricolour is a fun experience if you ask me, but I think it can be elevated to something amazing if they dared to go a bit more extravagant with the map design.

That said, still had a lot of fun with this one! Timing Triple Inkstrike correctly with the signal is fun and in some matches all 3 teams had a chance of winning (those are the best matches)

Yeah, I’ve raised a ticket with Shopto as that’s how the MK8 expansion worked when I bought it from them (they did mention this on the MK8 page tho, no mention on the Splatoon one)

I joined this Splatfest late and only got maybe a half dozen games in by now, but is Mincemeat the best Tricolor stage yet?

At first I thought it favored attackers because they get free turf like defenders don't. But as I played more I discovered there were terrain features on both sides that can be used to lock out the other. I saw defenders absolutely dominate games where they gave up two signals and I saw attackers win despite not getting a single signal.

Could... could Tricolor Mincemeat Metalworks actually be one of the most balanced map/mode combos in the game?

I assume it's a combination of things.
1. The inventory system feels unwieldy now in season 2, can you imagine what it would be like come season 8 in addition to having potentially 2 full pages of t-shirts to it? Eventually there may be hardware limitations at some point, so if they have limited spots there are probably better things to spend them on.
2. If you want to fix problem #1 by making it so that you get 1 replica Splatfest tee item but you can change the design, that's a big UI challenge that's just probably not worth the trouble.
3. I think they want ability doubler to be special and don't want to give players access to it outside of splatfests and their preview.
4. Potential for confusion over scrubbing costs.
5. Adding another barrier to having a full collection would annoy some players.

Splatoon 3 introduced lockers. A new system wholly build to show off collectibles. They could have tossed non-wearable splatfest t-shirts in there as memorabilia.

it's probably nothing but the fact that the last Splatfest rotation is the two newest maps makes me feel even more confident that we'll be hearing about 3.0 in the morning (US)

Back
Top Bottom