• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Jackpot wins worlds!)

Which instrument would you play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, everyone stopped using machine when they realized splash was just as strong but 10x easier to use :p

I really hope missiles get BIG changes with 2.0
You mean... that the meta... CHANGED?! 🤯

😜

Anyway, friend helped me to get my seeds with his Discord. Got my Shell-Out machine seeds too. The odds don't seem THAT bad for the seasonal rewards, cause I've seen people who need +2000 rolls. I guess I'm not getting the chill season titles unless the Splatfest seeds are better :p

h2P5bTl.jpg

qHNCCCC.jpg

Good catch! Seems like they've been taking inspiration from Splatoon 1 for most of these. Was hoping for Tristrike so that's nice
I was hoping for inkjet 😔 unless the Big Swig roller has it, we're getting zero inkjet weapons and it will remain the most underrepresented special at 2 weapons

Other new tidbits revealed today:
-All new weapons and kits will get new Tableturf cards
-The name of the song will be displayed during the start of each match, meaning that we'll finally get all the names

We won't get all of the names unless they added this to the single player as well, lol.

"Song that goes bing bang bang" will continue in mystery otherwise.

I really like the new Jr kit honestly. The normal Jr puts your team at an advantage in fights with its kit, while the Custom Jr puts the enemy team at a disadvantage in fights instead

We won't get all of the names unless they added this to the single player as well, lol.

"Song that goes bing bang bang" will continue in mystery otherwise.
Thanks now it's stuck in my head again.

On a further note about the music. And I know that show is mostly bogus and I shouldn't care, but Splatoon 3 should have been nominated for OST of the year.

It's inventive, unique and wild. It covers a large variety of genres with a lot of absolute bops. Not to mention the amount of extra effort put into it, such as 9 lobby themes and unique themes per world in the story campaign. And of course the ongoing theme of in-universe bands making the songs.

Truly in a league of it's own if you ask me

I'm honestly pretty surprised the tentatek in 3 is basically a spiritual successor to the wasabi splattershot from 1.

As long as they buff tristrike I'll use that one a lot.

iirc the common opinion is that splatzones is greatly worsened by the modern map design, including eeltail and undertow. mako and hagglefish are good though (imho), and it's probably my personal favorite mode regardless.

would love some serious stage revamps in the future, even as a charger main. hell, especially as a charger main; I'm tired of all of my kills and wins feeling unfair
i wouldnt worry too much about your kills and wins feeling unfair, if you can hit shots you can hit shots lol

Yes! For a series that places such importance on music it's silly they don't take more opportunities to highlight the music

NOW PUT SPLATUNE IN US DIGITAL MUSIC STORES NINTENDO

I'm just glad I'm old and crotchety enough to be happy (and even prefer if I'm honest) buying a cd and ripping it myself for use on my phone/pc/other device. It is a bit ridiculous they haven't officially sold the OSTs for the games in a international friendly format though.

Speaking of music, this played the other day while I was waiting for a match:

It's soooo freaking good, maybe the best tune in the game for me. I can't believe that was the first time I listened to it and it only plays randomly in the lobby and nowhere else. It took almost 3 months to play (or for me to discover) this song, WTF?! It deserves better!

Speaking of music, this played the other day while I was waiting for a match:

It's soooo freaking good, maybe the best tune in the game for me. I can't believe that was the first time I listened to it and it only plays randomly in the lobby and nowhere else. It took almost 3 months to play (or for me to discover) this song, WTF?! It deserves better!

the sensible assumption is probably that it was a cut track or made specifically for the lobby. my assumption is that it's a sneak peek at some DLC music

The music tweet confused me for a bit, I didn't realize that C-Side is the only band whose name is the same in all regions. None of the known song titles are localized either, I wonder if that's due to some lore reason or if that's just how it worked out.
What's the fastest way to earn catalog points? Need to ensure I get over the lvl 100 line before the next season.
Anarchy battles are usually a little faster than turf war which is much faster than salmon run.

What's the fastest way to earn catalog points? Need to ensure I get over the lvl 100 line before the next season.

How many do you need? You get a 7500 bonus for your first clear per day, but that's only today and tomorrow left in the season, other than that you get probably most realistic is turf war because of each match being shorter and score being more reliable, unless you're particularly good at ranked, enough to be sure you win fairly often and ideally get knockouts. (Anarchy battle : Open is probably a little easier for this than the other option)

You get 2500 for a knockout in ranked, otherwise 5p per point towards the objective if you win or don't get knocked out+ 100 per minute the match lasts+ 1500 if you win. If you get knocked out you just get the time bonus.

Turf war gets you 1400 for a win, 800 for a loss. (Assuming you paint at least 400p of turf, which should always be the case)

Salmon run gets I think 300 per wave cleared.

Last edited:
How many do you need? You get a 7500 bonus for your first clear per day, but that's only today and tomorrow left in the season, other than that you get probably most realistic is turf war because of each match being shorter and score being more reliable, unless you're particularly good at ranked, enough to be sure you win fairly often and ideally get knockouts. (Anarchy battle : Open is probably a little easier for this than the other option)

You get 2500 for a knockout in ranked, otherwise 5p per point towards the objective if you win or don't get knocked out+ 100 per minute the match lasts+ 1500 if you win. If you get knocked out you just get the time bonus.

Turf war gets you 1400 for a win, 800 for a loss. (Assuming you paint at least 400p of turf, which should always be the case)

Salmon run gets I think 300 per wave cleared.
Need about 10 more levels. Haven't really played ranked so I probably wouldn't be very good at it. Think I'm just gonna have to grind Turf War for the next couple days and hope I make it.

Need about 10 more levels. Haven't really played ranked so I probably wouldn't be very good at it. Think I'm just gonna have to grind Turf War for the next couple days and hope I make it.

I think tomorrow is the last day of the catalog. just so you're warned. With the 7500 bonus tomorrow, Ten levels should be about 80 rounds of turf war (if you have an equal win:lose ratio, about 73 if you've not yet played today), plus however long you have to spend searching for matches. Good luck, anyway!

Last edited:
I think tomorrow is the last day of the catalog. just so you're warned. With the 7500 bonus tomorrow, Ten levels should be about 80 rounds of turf war (if you have an equal win:lose ratio), plus however long you have to spend searching for matches. Good luck, anyway!
2 more days I believe. In Europe it resets at 1 am on the 1st, so it resets late afternoon/early evening on the 30th in NA

I think tomorrow is the last day of the catalog. just so you're warned. With the 7500 bonus tomorrow, Ten levels should be about 80 rounds of turf war (if you have an equal win:lose ratio, about 73 if you've not yet played today), plus however long you have to spend searching for matches. Good luck, anyway!
Damn, when you put it that way it doesn't sound super doable haha. Well I'll give it my best shot anyway. Though hopefully there will be a way to get some of the catalog items somewhere else down the line.

Damn, when you put it that way it doesn't sound super doable haha. Well I'll give it my best shot anyway. Though hopefully there will be a way to get some of the catalog items somewhere else down the line.

Lucyfer is actually correct, I was wrong and the 30th is still in this catalogue. So there's 2/3 days of bonuses left, it's still a lot of gameplay time admittedly, but 80 turf wars is about 4 hours of gameplay, if you've not gotten today's bonus, and counting the one I missed, it'd be about 66 matches, which is about 3+1/3 hours of gameplay? Not impossible if you have the time

Grinding ranked is much faster than grinding turf war for catalog points, I think

If you can a win streak going, the catalog meter goes up pretty quick

In this clip, they were beating us pretty badly until the last 30 seconds :p

4 of the 13 new kits being shooters was certainly a choice. Poor brellas, stringers, and splatanas get nothing this season
I'm waiting for a different kit to try the stringer and I don't think I have the dexterity for the splatana, nor the reflexes for chargers :(

Guess who got a song stuck in her head again that won't go away until she makes a video with it?

Yeah...

• Tenta Missiles
  • After launch is confirmed, the special gauge will now slowly decrease, and the special gauge will not be able to begin charging again until the gauge has completely drained from the previous use.

(volume warning)

Yeah I was expecting... a little more. You can also tell they're clearly behind on the meta, seeing how eliter got nerfed but crab tank remains unchanged. Also disappointing to see little to no changes to the stages.

Yeah I was expecting... a little more. You can also tell they're clearly behind on the meta, seeing how eliter got nerfed but crab tank remains unchanged. Also disappointing to see little to no changes to the stages.
E-liter's special points were barely changed and nothing else, they were definitely not trying to address people's charger complaints with that change. And same with Crab Tank: they just don't agree with this opinion that it's a big problem. If the devs thought Crab Tank needed major rebalancing, it would have gotten a small nerf already, even mid-season, just like the special points tweak for Tenta Missile weapons early on.

Added a feature for listening again to Sheldon’s weapon explanations in Ammo Knights.

This makes me incredibly happy because I love watching him nerd out over the wares and sometimes I accidentally skip by it and wish I could make it come up again (and this is something I've wanted since the first game).

Very underwhelming buff to the Angle Shooter, but better than nothing, I guess.

Salmon Run changes are good, I'd have preferred not going back to 40 after a shift change, tho. I'll never get to 999 :(

Back
Top Bottom