• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Event Splatfest x Pokemon: Grass, Fire or Water!!!

ashleymelton93

Rattata
Pronouns
She/Her
HELLLLOOOOOO [SQUID] FAMIIIIII!!!

We're less than an hour and a half away from the second Splatfest of Splatoon 3!!

The Squid Research Lab really put the pressure on us for this Splatfest. No more Ketchup vs. Mustard (Splatoon 2 throwback), but rather we're asked the ultimate question:

Grass Fire or Water.

We're one week away from the release of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, and the biggest question I've been asking myself is: am I choosing Grass, Fire or Water based off of this generations starter, or am I going with my heart and choosing based on my history playing Pokémon, and ultimately my favorite type of the three.

What're you doing?????

splatoon-x-pokemon-collaboration-splatfest-169-en.jpg

Last edited:
Going with the cat as my first grass starter in Scarlet, so grass seemed appropriate. Wishing everyone good luck.

@VolcanicDynamo sonuva—!

To answer OP, at the time of choosing my team I had not picked a Scarlet starter as the final evolutions hadn't yet been leaked, so choosing by that criteria was off the table.

My main concern was that I would get to splat with my partner and our friend(s), so we all chose Team Weed.

Btw I'm choosing fabulous duck in Scarlet

oh yeah, I'm team water for the best starters ever

squirtle, totodile, mudkip, piplup

Team Green Shiver Grass in here.

Which is also fitting because my first starter was Bulbasaur, and I'm going Sprigatito on S/V.

Though I'm going with the cat starter in Violet... I'm on team water! It's just the best type of the three, and by far!

Let's go, Team Water! We're leading at half-time, but we can't let the other two catch up in Tricolor Turf War! Let's ride the wave to total victory! For Quaxly!

If Team Water pulls it off and defends this half-time lead, they deserve the win and I shall personally congratulate Quaxwell, my starter pokemon, on Friday.

I am determined to win at least one Tricolor Turf War as Team Water, even if it takes me the rest of the Splatfest. That is my big goal, even if it is a very challenging one, but with the Ultra Signal, I got my work cut out for me. After that I can happily leave Open and go to Pro.

I am determined to win at least one Tricolor Turf War as Team Water, even if it takes me the rest of the Splatfest. That is my big goal, even if it is a very challenging one, but with the Ultra Signal, I got my work cut out for me. After that I can happily leave Open and go to Pro.
Update: I have done four Tricolor Turf Wars. I have lost all four, primarily due to Team Fire. This may be a long night.

You're on team kids, sorry.
That's the sad secret, you don't choose based on what you prefer in a splatfest if you want somewhat of a good time.
I thought red was going to be the biggest one. If i had to choose what I like, I would be on grass.

Update: I have done four Tricolor Turf Wars. I have lost all four, primarily due to Team Fire. This may be a long night.
NEW UPDATE: WE DID IT! TEAM WATER WON A TRICOLOR TURF WAR!! LET'S GO!!

We played out of our damn minds. One Team Water member and I both got 11 splats. I'm so glad I can have that Tricolor Defender badge.

I'm gonna get to Water Ruler, and then I'll retire for the night

EDIT: WE DID IT AGAIN BABY LETS GOOOOOOO

Ended up winning 4-5 Defender games in Tri Color. I wasn’t expect it to happen, but damn do wins feel good in that mode. There’s just a frenetic desperation to that mode that hits different - at least for me. Maybe some of y’all are Splatoon savants.

Two Tricolor battles and a x100 matches all in a row. What are these odds?

I would say Sorry to Team Water, but I'm pretty sure the final loss wiped out the gains made by the first two wins, after my team wrecked shop for the first 2:30 minutes of the x100 match and then wiped out because I was still stuck on an aggressive suicidal set for running at the Ultra Signal over and over again and so couldn't be a stabilizing presence in the backline that would have held against our last second collapse.

Just goes to confirm my personal mantra of "Gimme paint and gimme range" for solo queue Turf War weapons.

Man people have become masters at this game. I started to splatfest today, and on my first match I won by 1 point lol. Then proceeded to lose a ton of matches by double digits. Also the race is much closer than I expected, come on #TeamGrass we need to keep the streak alive lol

Immediately another Tricolor battle followed by a x10 match right after. Is this their bandaid solution to help the defenders? Just jack up the x10 and x100 odds to help give the leading team that got there by performing better in regular Turf Wars a chance to make up for their Tricolor losses?

I still believe splatfest is the worse part of splat3.

Used to be the best in 2 and 1.
Horrible weekend all around.
Problems with connecti9n, people using the internet to make strong teams and never played the 3 battle mode.

Horrible horrible horrible all around.

Anectodally doesn't mean anything for Splatfest outcomes, but anectodally I'm feeling good for your chances, Team Water.

Okay I managed to win like, two battles. I'm satisfied.

Now gimme my snails mama needs to upgrade some amiibo gear.

Ended the Splatfest on a decent winning streak for Team Water! Defending in Tricolor is so fun! It IS pretty easy to lose when you lose both signals, but it keeps it really intense! Makes it so satisfying when you're able to pull off a win!

Now we just gotta wait for the results. I hope we were able to win it all in the end!

Ended the Splatfest on a decent winning streak for Team Water! Defending in Tricolor is so fun! It IS pretty easy to lose when you lose both signals, but it keeps it really intense! Makes it so satisfying when you're able to pull off a win!

Now we just gotta wait for the results. I hope we were able to win it all in the end!
tricolor is an incredible mode saddled to a really crappy event

Back
Top Bottom