• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion South Park: Post Covid promo released, will air on Paramount+ in various countries

Rika

Bob-omb
Banned
Pronouns
she/her, they/them

Nov. 18, 2021 – Paramount+, the streaming service from ViacomCBS, today revealed a first look at the service’s upcoming exclusive original “South Park” event, titled SOUTH PARK: POST COVID, which will premiere on Paramount+ in the U.S. on Thursday, Nov. 25 and will also roll out on in the Nordics, Latin America, Australia and Canada.

In SOUTH PARK: POST COVID, we’ll find out the answer to the question: what happened to the children who lived through the pandemic? Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny survived, but will never be the same post COVID.

MTV Entertainment Studios’ expansive deal with Parker and Stone includes extending “South Park” on Comedy Central through 2027 and taking cable’s longest-running scripted series – August 13, 2022 marks the franchise’s 25th anniversary – through an unprecedented 30th season. In addition to the series extension, the new deal includes 14 “South Park” original made-for-streaming events exclusively for Paramount+. The series has earned five Emmy Awards, to date, and a George Foster Peabody Award.

Are you going to watch it?

Before I go any further, I realize this show is controversial among people and has problematic content and moments. You are free to criticize the show and it's creators, but please do expand on your reasonings as to why. Just saying "South Park sucks" and not explaining why isn't really anything to go on.

Last edited:
South Park has always felt like a show that's funnier when you're not old enough to watch it. Once I was actually in my 20s I lost my appetite for it. Shows like Always Sunny have demonstrated a better job IMO of walking a delicate tightrope around sensitive material for comedy's sake. Just knowing who Matt and Trey are though, they don't care about that stuff and never have, especially not when they're worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

That said I think it's very funny that Viacom sold the streaming rights to HBO as without South Park Paramount+ has a pretty dire library. Though I think I read that the streaming rights revert next year?

South Park has always felt like a show that's funnier when you're not old enough to watch it. Once I was actually in my 20s I lost my appetite for it.
I grew up with it and find the older seasons are still generally okay. I've noticed I am not really liking South Park as much, but it'll be one of those shows that I'll watch the older seasons of. I personally never watched Always Sunny, but hear good stuff about it.

I'm up for more South Park, the past couple of episodes were terrific, so hoping for more of that nonsense.

Very excited to see where they go with aging everyone. I've always wanted to see this and hope its handled carefully

That said I think it's very funny that Viacom sold the streaming rights to HBO as without South Park Paramount+ has a pretty dire library. Though I think I read that the streaming rights revert next year?

In my opinion, the best thing about Paramount +'s library is their Nickelodeon content. It's great to see all of that Nick content in one place.

Spongebob, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Hey Arnold, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Loud House, Ren & Stimpy, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Kenan and Kel, etc. They also have the Nick Jr stuff like Blues Clues, Dora the Explorer, Peppa Pig, etc.

You're right though. The service is lacking in content.

Very excited to see where they go with aging everyone. I've always wanted to see this and hope its handled carefully
Me too. I hope it is handled carefully. I have a feeling the ending will reveal it was just a dream or something...because why not?

In my opinion, the best thing about Paramount +'s library is their Nickelodeon content. It's great to see all of that Nick content in one place.

Spongebob, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Doug, Hey Arnold, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Loud House, Ren & Stimpy, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Kenan and Kel, etc. They also have the Nick Jr stuff like Blues Clues, Dora the Explorer, Peppa Pig, etc.

You're right though. The service is lacking in content.
Well they are expanding the world of Avatar The Last Airbender with a movie and new shows.
They are doing Spongebob spinoffs and I wouldn't be surprised if they try more since Hillenberg died.
Hey Arnold supposedly is coming back where it left off after the Jungle Movie.
Invader Zim will probably return.

Not to mention all the Dreamworks stuff that can return once they move away from Netflix.

Honestly Paramount should just merge with Netflix at the end of the day. Their content is already very embedded with Netflix and if Viacom merged with Netflix they would be a rather unstoppable force.

Me too. I hope it is handled carefully. I have a feeling the ending will reveal it was just a dream or something...because why not?
That wouldn't surprise me, but at least it'd be more unique than some Time Travel thing going on

That wouldn't surprise me, but at least it'd be more unique than some Time Travel thing going on
Yeah, true. I still think it will just be a dream or time travel like you said. We shall see! I still think I'm 50/50 on the show as far as recent seasons go. The pandemic special and Vaccination Special were decent. I sometimes wonder if they'd let the show just come to an end, and just focus on making these specials and then a final movie as a grand finale.

Creepy old men versions weren't what I expected.

It's amazing that this many years later south park still upsets people, like those moaning about it these days weren't even born before it started and yet they can't just ignore it and leave it be.

I dropped out around "Memberberries" because I was just tired of the show.
A few weeks ago, I binged everything I missed and boy was I wrong.

South Park is great when it focuses on current events. I'm excited for this "exclusive event". 1 down, 16 to go...

Creepy old men versions weren't what I expected.

It's amazing that this many years later south park still upsets people, like those moaning about it these days weren't even born before it started and yet they can't just ignore it and leave it be.
I'm sorry people criticized a cartoon you like.

South Park has always felt like a show that's funnier when you're not old enough to watch it. Once I was actually in my 20s I lost my appetite for it. Shows like Always Sunny have demonstrated a better job IMO of walking a delicate tightrope around sensitive material for comedy's sake. Just knowing who Matt and Trey are though, they don't care about that stuff and never have, especially not when they're worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Yeah. I used to laugh at its vulgarity but the content itself tends to skew in the 'man that's fucked up' territory. Which isn't surprising given Stone and Parker are libertarian bros.

I dropped out around "Memberberries" because I was just tired of the show.
A few weeks ago, I binged everything I missed and boy was I wrong.
Yeah, same, really. I did find the troll episode(s) a bit funny at times.

Yeah. I used to laugh at its vulgarity but the content itself tends to skew in the 'man that's fucked up' territory. Which isn't surprising given Stone and Parker are libertarian bros.
Looking right now I agree honestly. I am starting to get why people do not like it or do not find it funny etc. I'm starting to understand it better now.

Yeah, true. I still think it will just be a dream or time travel like you said. We shall see! I still think I'm 50/50 on the show as far as recent seasons go. The pandemic special and Vaccination Special were decent. I sometimes wonder if they'd let the show just come to an end, and just focus on making these specials and then a final movie as a grand finale.
Yeah, its time travel. They'll go back and change how things played out

That was okay. Jimmy's "comedy" was amusing

The Alexa use was clever, and Cartman is a dick whether he's genuinely converted or not lol. Poor Stan, that was a fucked up thing to have happen to him even if you want to blame Randy like he does.

That was okay. Jimmy's "comedy" was amusing

The Alexa use was clever, and Cartman is a dick whether he's genuinely converted or not lol. Poor Stan, that was a fucked up thing to have happen to him even if you want to blame Randy like he does.
Its honestly both there faults that both of them died

Part 2 is supposed to come out in next month sometime! Maybe it'll release on Christmas Eve or day?

Part 2 is supposed to come out in next month sometime! Maybe it'll release on Christmas Eve or day?
Well Kenny changed the past and died.

Kenny dying always signals the restart/reboot of the timeline. I'm sure Parker is watching how the holiday season goes and how covid spreads & what governments and society will respond to the resurgence of a new variant.

That and it looks like they want to reboot the show again into a new era for after COVID pandemic is over.

Well Kenny changed the past and died.

Kenny dying always signals the restart/reboot of the timeline. I'm sure Parker is watching how the holiday season goes and how covid spreads & what governments and society will respond to the resurgence of a new variant.

That and it looks like they want to reboot the show again into a new era for after COVID pandemic is over.
I'm betting the end of December or so just to see what is going on.

SOUTH PARK: POST COVID: THE RETURN OF COVID Promo
They just announced the release date for part 2!

If Stan, Kyle and Cartman could just work together, they could go back in time to make sure Covid never happened. SOUTH PARK: POST COVID: THE RETURN OF COVID premieres Dec 16 on Paramount+.

oh god, Cartman meeting future jewish Cartman isn't going to go well.
Future Cartman could be smart and just lie to Cartman that it's just a long ended scheme to fuck with Kyle. Kyle overhears the conversation to go "I fucking knew it, you did become Jewish just to fuck with me" and we can see the evolution of Adult Cartman character where he will swallow the lie and give in to the humility to make Kyle feel better just so they can move on.

Wow. That second part was gold. I knew how it'd end but the whole NFT part(s) and the ending got me cracking.

Especially Cartman at the end. Its both sad, but also exactly how I'd picture him in the future and after watching South Park for so long, it feels EXTREMELY satisfying.

That was odd, there really wasn't much time travel. Ike did nothing except speak Canadian, butters with the pyramid scheme nft's was funny but after Awesom-O I don't think he'd be phased by robots. Tegridy saves the day.

Back
Top Bottom