• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Souldiers: Official Switch/PC Release Window Trailer (16-bit-style pixel-art Metroidvania)

Jaded Alyx

Chunbun. Then. Now. Forever.

Enjoy the latest trailer for Souldiers, a 16-bit-style pixel-art Metroidvania from developer Dear Villagers that features Soulslike combat and challenging platforming gameplay. You can play as either a Scout, Caster, or Archer class. It's coming to Nintendo Switch and PC in Spring 2022

From the Steam Store page:
While out fighting for the glory of your kingdom, you and your fellow soldiers are whisked away to Terragaya, a mystical land on the fringes of the afterlife. Your task is to locate the Guardian and move on to the next world. The hitch? You and your compatriots never actually died.

Battle your way to the heart of the mystery: Outwit cunning enemies, solve nefarious puzzles, upgrade your character and explore every corner of a dazzling, intricate 16-bit world. Souldiers is a handcrafted retro epic for the ages.

Featuring:

• Gripping melee combat: Slash, parry and dodge your way through an ever-evolving roster of enemies, upgrading your skills and equipment to find a combat style thatā€™s perfect for you.
  • An interconnected world: Discover a sprawling handcrafted landscape filled with treasures, tough-as-nails bosses and secret pathways.
  • 16-bit sensation: Terragaya comes to life with vibrant world-class pixel art packed to the brim with details.
  • Smart moves: Solve environmental puzzles and leap from place to place using an ever-expanding moveset.

It looks preetttyyyyy.

This looks right up my alley. WIll definitely keep an eye on this. Although could they have come up with a more generic name for the title?

One of these days indie devs will realize that you can be a soulslike without having the word "soul" in your name. But today is not that day

On a serious note, game looks interesting, though I'm a bit worried how well you can design a Metroidvania around three separate characters. (assuming you only have one option per playthrough and there isn't a switching mechanic, that is). That being said, I'm a sucker for indie Metroidvanias so I'll be keeping a close eye on this one

Very cool! Fun fact, the team behind this were the developers of the fanmade game Card Sagas Wars.

The environments look beautiful! Character movement feels a bit sluggish to me, but it's difficult to really say without playing it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom