• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Sonic Central announced for tomorrow Tuesday June 7th (9 AM/12 PM PST/EST)

I wonder what's the point of this? We've been getting Frontiers gameplay for the past week and Sonic Origins is out in two weeks. What else could be announced?

I wonder what's the point of this? We've been getting Frontiers gameplay for the past week and Sonic Origins is out in two weeks. What else could be announced?
Probably one last look at Origins to drum up hype, maybe some features we haven't seen in it yet. Also there's that Netflix show coming out.

Isn’t this more for brand announcements? Do we expect anything from Frontiers?

What a birthday gift.

I don’t care at all for Sonic or Sega and yet they care about me by having this direct. If only a certain other company cared as much.

In seriousness. Sega really needs to start getting those games sales. They have such a good thing going right now except where they could probably earn the most money lol.

Prediction time?
  • Final push for Sonic Origins. They'll continue hiding the Sonic 3 music situation until launch.
  • Major trailer for Frontiers with story elements + reveal of the cyberspace stages + footage from beyond the first island (all of the footage so far has been from the start of the game, Kronos Island; there are four per proven leaks). End with the release date (September - October 2022).
  • Some new info on Sonic Prime (the Netflix show) and other collaborations in and outside of games.
  • If there's any truth to the rumors, the reveal of the new Modern 2D Sonic game.

IGN is premiering their hands on Impressions for the game tomorrow at 9, same time as the Central. The description says this:

"There's still work to be done, but at least Sonic Frontiers appears to be on a solid track when it comes to adapting the Blue Blur's unique gameplay style to a brand new open zone."

Seems that they like the game.

IGN is premiering their hands on Impressions for the game tomorrow at 9, same time as the Central. The description says this:

"There's still work to be done, but at least Sonic Frontiers appears to be on a solid track when it comes to adapting the Blue Blur's unique gameplay style to a brand new open zone."

Now this I gotta see! It would make me so happy to find out the game actually isn’t total garbage.

Bring me Chaos or get out of here.
Jack, is that you?

I mean, to be fair, they can't exactly be critical of the game without jeopardizing their current partnership with SEGA and potential future partnerships with other companies. Nobody is going to come to them to reveal stuff if they act super critical to this game. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if their positive outlook was a part of the negociations between IGN and SEGA for IGN's exclusive access to this game. That said, hopefully these compliments are genuine and there is something more inspired than what we've seen so far would have us believe. I'm skeptical, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong here.

I mean, to be fair, they can't exactly be critical of the game without jeopardizing their current partnership with SEGA and potential future partnerships with other companies. Nobody is going to come to them to reveal stuff if they act super critical to this game. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if their positive outlook was a part of the negociations between IGN and SEGA for IGN's exclusive access to this game. That said, hopefully these compliments are genuine and there is something more inspired than what we've seen so far would have us believe. I'm skeptical, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong here.
I think the NVC crew was pretty negative about the game on last week’s episode.

Lol wait IGN is premiering at the same time as the Sonic Central? How would they not coordinate that.

Anyway, I’ll take a blowout for frontiers (undercutting IGN again tho? Lol)

Are the 2D Sonic rumors any but legit? Last I heard they came from a proven fake insider.

Let’s see some chaos. (The cute ones not the messy state of being)

that-cant-be-wheres-the-rest-of-it.gif

I forgot about this, but apparently SEGA did too, so I guess I'm good?

Was at work so I missed this. Seems I didn't miss much, like... literally?

I really feel like we should have seen the linear stages by now. The IGN preview sounds super positive, but the footage itself is so unimpressive and.......average.

I mean yeah it was bad but it was also exactly what anyone should have expected after last year so I don’t get the outrage

Back
Top Bottom