• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Solidarity with Creatives of Fami: Let's Share Socials!

What non-Twitter social media websites do you currently use?

• Tumblr

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Facebook

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Tiktok

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Mastodon

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Threads

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Cohost

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Bluesky

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Other(s)

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters
switchum (music)
  • What a fun idea! i've just gotten into content creation within the last year, so I'm happy to share!

Name(s): switchum
    What you make: Music! Specifically, comedy and nerdy stuff. I want to make songs that don't take themselves too seriously and hopefully make people laugh. My first song is an example of this philosophy, as a Nintendo diss track
    0hTOsND.jpg

Where we can find you: YouTube

suswave (music, art, videos, game dev)
  • Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:
    Collateral Damage Studios (illustration)
  • Hello y'all. I'm not sure how I feel about my post in the 'Twitter/X is dead' thread netting me my most 'Yeah' ever. Let THIS self-promo post be the one with the most yeahs.

Collateral Damage Studios

e5d6Kn9.jpg

That's the anime illustration studio that I work for. As the General Manager, my job is to handle the creative studio's administrative matters, run the social media accounts, manage the projects that we have to finish and of course, source for new businesses to pay us. Enough with the boring stuff, onwards with the cool shit we do.

So Collateral Damage Studios. Or CDS for short. Our studio started as a doujin circle, participating in artist alleys around Asia. Over time, our team grew in fame and started getting approached by corporate clients. Around a decade ago, some of us decided to professionalize and set up the studio formally. Since that fateful decision, the studio has been paying my bills and providing good art for our clients.

These are the social media accounts that we have. The more active ones, at least. I do try to reserve our usual 'collateralds' on new, interesting socmed though.

Website
    Facebook
    Twitter/X
    Instagram

There's also art websites and we try to post some updates over there too.

Behance (for whole, larger-scale projects)
    Artstation (for illustrations)
    Dribbble (for UI related art)
    Deviantart (for CDS marketing visuals and non-commercial illustrations)
    Furaffinity (for furry artworks)
    Storenvy (buy our art!)

You might have even seen some artworks we did before. (Especially if you had gone for Anime Expo before). But since this is Famiboards, here are some of the artworks we've done for games on the Switch!

collateral-damage-studios-rotp-key-art.jpg

collateral-damage-studios-ara-fell-key-art-render-preview.jpg

7c027c64254469.5acc884dcdaaa.png

0a201c64254469.5acc884dce8e9.png

4ff32d64254469.5acc884dccc2f.png

collateral-damage-studios-ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

21cf26159629725.63a289a58ae0d.jpg

bb50e7159629725.63a28f4009255.jpg

fccab3159629725.63a28f40e45cd.jpg

collateral-damage-studios-gom-concept-layered.jpg

Last edited:
    slide's (3d illustration and animation)

• I'm also very curious to see which of these newer platforms people end up gravitating toward. I do like YouTube as a semi-permanent hosting spot for video stuff and having an individual website is nice too but neither of those are especially "social". cohost seems like a genuinely nice platform but it doesn't seem interested in generating a critical mass of users (not a negative, it's just never going to be a twitter or tumblr replacement) and I still haven't really looked into what mastodon and bluesky are lol.

Last edited:

Back
    Top Bottom