• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion So what's the deal with this froggy chair?

HockeyBird

Villager
Pronouns
He/Him
Why did Animal Crossing fans want it return and why were they freaking out when they saw in the Direct? Is there anything special about this chair or is it like Geno where it's been memed so much to the point where people actually care about it?

To me it's just Animal Crossing fanbase being Animal Crossing fanbase. And I think this is pretty hilarious.

How many innocent froggies do they have to kill in order to produce one froggy chair?
Relevant:

EUB9SE2WAAAgK6x

Bummer answer below, scroll if you don't like bummer answers:

The froggy chair has become a symbol for the quirkiness of old Animal Crossing games, and likewise its absence of the series's sterilization. Celebration of its return is synecdoche for the reintroduction in small part of some of the character that previous games had.

Bummer answer below, scroll if you don't like bummer answers:

The froggy chair has become a symbol for the quirkiness of old Animal Crossing games, and likewise its absence of the series's sterilization. Celebration of its return is synecdoche for the reintroduction in small part of some of the character that previous games had.

Ah so it's true then. The AC community does like to smother frogs with their asses.

Why did Animal Crossing fans want it return and why were they freaking out when they saw in the Direct? Is there anything special about this chair or is it like Geno where it's been memed so much to the point where people actually care about it?
the truth lies in the darkest depths of the fandom. you must seek the answers for yourself. but be warned. you won't come back the same

It's also mystifying to me, akin to how the return of Brewster is considered something to celebrate among the fans. I have to guess that the furniture has a rather non-standard design of having a face on the object, which might be why it's loved.

Thank you for reading.

New Horizons was my first AC game but I'm all in for froggy chair memes.

If I remember right, it makes a funny sound when you sit on it.

My basement in New Leaf (I think??) used to be completely empty, except for a single froggy chair in the centre of the room. I liked it.
This was pre-memes, I don't know when or why that started.

Froggy chair conforts our daily mental breakdown with her charming and supportive aesthetic

The “oh it’s just a MEME” stuff is so funny to me and reminds me of this tweet:

Of course it’s a meme. Sometimes people just like and latch onto a thing that’s ultimately harmless and isn’t particularly special. Given how toxic people can get and the high expectations people often have of game updates, I think it’s nice people can be so excited to see a chair added back into a game.
It's also mystifying to me, akin to how the return of Brewster is considered something to celebrate among the fans.
The return of an actual character is far less mystifying, surely. Brewster is well-liked and someone you can interact with. I’m glad to see him and Kapp’n back, they’re my favourite characters and as working NPCs they’re important in creating a sense of a community where the inhabitants have things to do other than walk about gifting you toilets and asking you for catchphrases. I never know where Sherb will be hanging out or if Celeste will bother getting her ass to my island for a meteor shower, but Brewster is always there. That dude has my back.

Back
Top Bottom