• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club So what are YOU doing with your Switch 1 once you get a Switch 2?

what ya doin’ with that old thang

• Total voters
I see four options for myself, assuming Switch 2 backwards compatibility isn't compromised in some fashion:
  • Pass it off to someone like a sibling
  • Sell it
  • Use it as my "travel" system for a while since I'm sure I'll still be working the backlog for a while / NSO games
  • Throw it in a box or on a shelf to collect dust

Probably try and send one off to a niece or nephew hah assuming I don't need to keep it around for BC or something! I managed to give one and a couple of games to my 7 year old nephew recently and he was extremely hyped, he's never had a nintendo system before. It's nice to make sure this stuff isn't just sitting in a box getting old.

Same thing I did with my original Switch when I got an OLED: stuff it in a box. My original Switch isn’t a launch version so it can’t be easily modded. They’ll join my console cemetery box in the basement where they’ll live forever.

Back
Top Bottom