• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion So inflation was 7% last year in the USA

Vanillalite

Bob-omb

Inflation jumped at its fastest pace in nearly 40 years last month, a 7 percent spike from a year earlier that is pushing up household expenses, eating into wage gains and heaping pressure on President Joe Biden and the Federal Reserve to address a growing threat to the U.S. economy.

The supply chain certainly plays a role, as going even to the grocery store at times I find it just ravaged. That said, with wages increasing, many businesses I see are also glad to raise prices, neglecting wage increases. Even if the supply chain issues and decreasing workforce is improved by offering better wages and benefits, businesses will keep the higher prices gladly anyway.

Heck, I am going to Disney for our anniversary next week and I was looking at the menu, and they raised a coca cola from 2.50 to 5 bucks. Ridiculous.

Those on disability (such as myself) have definitely felt this, holy crap. Our wages don't go enough to cover it. If you're on Medicare and don't have Medicaid to cover the costs, the premium basically eats whatever gains you get...

It's ridiculous. And even with the raise I got this year, I still don't even get 10,000 a year...

Either way, I'm just... frustrated.

Yep even companies that are like well we gave you a 3% raise aren’t keeping up. Your essentially making less than you used too.

Back
Top Bottom