• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion So I have a replacement for Twitter if need be...

Prophet64

Moblin
Pronouns
They/Them
...but I can't say what it is. It's almost too good. What I mean is I have an idea that works better as a concept and daily application... also a decent moniker and shit. Just not sure how it goes to something tangible. If you have any suggestions in how I should proceed, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
The basic Twitter experience is not super complicated to build, in fact some web development tutorials have you make a simple version of it. If your idea is somewhat similar, you could find someone to help you build a prototype and then try shopping it around.

Got an idea for a radical new pizza replacement, that will make us all ashamed to have ever like any existing food. Not sure how to make it a reality.

Make a new twitter but you can only talk about Nintendo and if you tweet about anything not related to Nintendo you're perm-banned.

There exist multiple platforms that are already "Twitter but better". The problem is no one uses them outside of specific niche circles, and user adoption is the most important part of getting people to a new platform.

Find your own Zuckerberg
Then sue him after he steals your idea and makes a bunch of money lol
I was gonna say earlier, I wonder if "building a platform controversial enough that some billionaire decides to buy you out" is an effective moneymaking strategy? 😅

I was gonna say earlier, I wonder if "building a platform controversial enough that some billionaire decides to buy you out" is an effective moneymaking strategy? 😅
Sure, but don't forget Justin Timberlake's Golden Rule:
E8C4OGhWEAI0Pz9

lol

Sure, but don't forget Justin Timberlake's Golden Rule:
E8C4OGhWEAI0Pz9

lol
A million dollars would at least buy a house so then all I'd have to worry about is my paycheck paying for food, gas, and taxes.

I don't set my sights as high as Timberlake.
Maybe that's why I'm where I'm at. LOL

A million dollars would at least buy a house so then all I'd have to worry about is my paycheck paying for food, gas, and taxes.

I don't set my sights as high as Timberlake.
Maybe that's why I'm where I'm at. LOL
Haha for real, though, I'd take the million so fast lol

Buy a small house or condo and never worry about paying rent again.

I'd probably spend all the money I would've put towards rent on sushi and anime figures instead 😅

...but I can't say what it is. It's almost too good. What I mean is I have an idea that works better as a concept and daily application... also a decent moniker and shit. Just not sure how it goes to something tangible. If you have any suggestions in how I should proceed, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Mastodon?

It's Famiboards, isn't it?
I had my money on Mastodon.

Also, damn, Twitter?

People commit suicide over that place. It's toxic. I don't do that place often; only in small sessions. That's it. Was it your only place, OP?

Back
Top Bottom