• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

TV Skip and Loafer anime - Official Opening.

Maronic03

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him
One of my favortie manga just got the first episode of its anime adaptation and it was lovely, so I figured I'd share:

I'm addicted to the dancing bit, help.

Here's the synopsis: Excellent student Iwakura Mitsumi has always dreamt about leaving her small town, going to a prestigious university, and making positive change in the world. But she's so focused on reaching her goals that she's not prepared for the very different (and overwhelming) city life that awaits her in a Tokyo high school. Luckily, she makes fast friends with Shima Sousuke, a handsome classmate who's as laid-back as she is over-prepared. Can this naive country girl make it big in Tokyo with Sousuke by her side?

If you're one of the people who are fed up by anime and manga's................ usual problems (you know what I mean), I am please to say this story is devoid of the typical "weeb shit, unless the anime decides to sunddenly to its own thing, which is unlikely.

I'm addicted to the dancing bit, help
I would help you but I'm also bopping to that tune. That energy is hands down infectious.

This was delightful. Both of the leads are utterly adorable, and the pastel coloring of everything makes it feel so very warm and fuzzy.

devoid of the typical "weeb shit
Err, what? This kind of fluffy romance is very much "weeb shit".

Err, what? This kind of fluffy romance is very much "weeb shit".
When I say "weeb shit" I mean the worst side of the otaku culture. From the "dere" type of characters that only exist to pander to an archetype (often paired with the terrible harem genre in gneral), terrible relationship advices that are presented as wise or deep, to the downright problematic issues like sexualized minors.

This series has none of that, the characters feel like people with real problems (despite de apparent goofiness of the protagonist). This is going to be more and more apparent as the series goes on, especially with the side characters, who are all handled very well.

When I say "weeb shit" I mean the worst side of the otaku culture
Oh, alright, but there's plenty of anime that don't have that anyway, even just from this season alone.

Anyway, we'll see about Skip and Loafer. I'm really liking Mitsumi so far, she's a go-getter but at the same time just socially awkward enough to be relatable.

Oh, alright, but there's plenty of anime that don't have that anyway, even just from this season alone.
Sorry if my comment came out weird. It's just that I have read so, so much manga over years that were ruined to me because annoying stuff like this. When an exception arises, I can't help but mention it.

Back
Top Bottom