• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Retro SIGIL II (sequel to the classic DOOM mod by John Romero himself) is launching December 10th

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

DISCLAIMER: most of the physical versions are probably already sold out by the time you see this.

same distribution method as the original mod. the base .wad file (containing just the levels) is completely free to download. then there's a paid digital version containing two soundtracks (a MIDI version by James Paddock, and a recorded one by Thorr.) + various physical collector's edition.
it (specifically the free .wad) will likely get added to the modern console versions of DOOM as well, though not on the same day as the main release.

I haven't even gotten around to playing the first yet, though I want to at some point. Only heard good things about the first SIGIL, so seems Romero's level design skills are still sharp.

I haven't even gotten around to playing the first yet, though I want to at some point. Only heard good things about the first SIGIL, so seems Romero's level design skills are still sharp.
Same. The thing holding me back is not knowing what source port I need to setup or if the current official release is more than sufficient.

Current official release is more than sufficient, it's a very good port of Doom.
Yeah. I'm not super into sourceports or anything (the only one I've used is, unsurprisingly, GZDoom) but for a vanilla experience the official ports are great. You can even just download SIGIL in-game via its own curated mods menu, though you will need a bethesda.net account for this.

Its cool Romero can make New Content for games that people love and make a decent amount from. Look forward to the Doom 2 Mapset and Quake Episode.

Now available in the console ports and current PC version for anyone with a Bethesda account

HELL YEAH!

if you want more DOOM levels after this, i'd also recommend trying EVITERNITY ||. a big collaborative series of maps by several notable members of the DOOM modding scene. and similarly released today to celebrate the game's 30th anniversary.

HELL YEAH!!!!

Back
Top Bottom