• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

RTTP Should I Play More Sunbreak?

(Returned to the party)

Jimmy Joe

Good ol' Jimmy Joe
Pronouns
He/Him
mhp_rise-sunbreak_sp_global.jpg

OK so this is for y'all who have gotten pretty far into Sunbreak, far enough to hit the real endgame.

So I fell off Rise for a bit after playing it pretty consistently for a year. I'm currently sitting at Master Rank 154 and Anomaly Rank 100 or so. I just do some anomaly hunts, etc. I'm pretty firmly in the endgame, have whooped Chaotic Gore, Velkhana, the Risen monsters (outside of Valstrax), etc. At this point, the endgame consists of these activities:

1. Get my MR high enough to take on Risen Crimson Glow Valstrax, and possibly make some armor out of it
2. Get my AR high enough to take on the last Afflicted monsters, which at this point is pretty high
3. Get my gear upgraded for Title Update 5, and theoretically beyond depending on how far they want to take the Qurio storyline

So here's the thing.

Point 1's no problem. I've got a ton of event quests to do, and using those I'll just soar past 160, no problem. Hell, I'd probably crest 200. And Point 2 isn't a giant problem either, I can just bring Hinoa and Minoto to play their hunting horns while I brain monsters with my hammer. It'd take a while, but the high tier anomaly quests can be pretty variable and I won't be wanting for monster variety.

It's point 3 that's the issue.

I haven't done a lot of Anomaly Weapon Crafting. Y'all know why. I don't need to explain it. I've been bulldozing my way toward the tougher, cooler monsters at higher levels of anomaly investigations. It's kind of the point of the system for a guy like me who enjoys Monster Hunter for the fights rather than the grinding—I'm fine with grinding out weapons and armor, but that's about it.

The result of this is that I have no lower-level crafting materials. Like, to add just one anomaly slot to my Devil's Die (Scorned Magnamalo Hammer) I need to have some Afflicted Dragon's Blood (or some such). Now in order to get that, I'm assuming I need to be able to get it from the pool of anomaly monsters that drop blood, like our boy Tetranodon, at a specific level.

Here's a list of investigations I have that are below level 90:

That's it. The list has concluded

Is there any way to reasonably chart out a good progression map for getting these lower-level materials? Or must I do the thing where I look up a material, see which monster drops it, do an Anomaly Quest for it at the lowest level, then grind that hunt up to the necessary point?

Help me, Monster Hunter Fami. You're my only hope

Have you checked the anomaly lab to see if you can swap anomaly coins for the low level materials you need? The lab has been slowly expanding what it stocks with each update. Also I think they are going to start adding what key mats drop from each monster in the quest description.

To hunt at lower levels, you can reduce the level of your own anomaly quests as per Title Update 3 specifically for what you want, to go back and get lower level mats. There’s now an option at the top left your anomaly quest list to adjust them and reduce the level of the quest.

You can also use the quest board to join hunts of other players, set the lower and higher level search cap of what you want, add the target monster and you’re off.

I’m at the anomaly cap and while I’m not sure it’s worth playing to get kit rather than playing because you enjoy MonHun, if you did want something specific you could just look up what rank you need to fight it at on a list- it’s a bunch of the weaker monsters at anomaly level 31-100. Tetranodon, Bishaten, Daimyo Hermataur, Khezu.

Here you go-

What bugged me about anomaly mats is it makes no sense what drops what- like why is a giant crab dropping dragon blood rather than afflicted claw!

For what it’s worth the later anomaly fights are great fun and a serious challenge- risen elder dragons are no joke.

Last edited:
Have you checked the anomaly lab to see if you can swap anomaly coins for the low level materials you need? The lab has been slowly expanding what it stocks with each update. Also I think they are going to start adding what key mats drop from each monster in the quest description.

To hunt at lower levels, you can reduce the level of your own anomaly quests as per Title Update 3 specifically for what you want, to go back and get lower level mats. There’s now an option at the top left your anomaly quest list to adjust them and reduce the level of the quest.

You can also use the quest board to join hunts of other players, set the lower and higher level search cap of what you want, add the target monster and you’re off.

I’m at the anomaly cap and while I’m not sure it’s worth playing to get kit rather than playing because you enjoy MonHun, if you did want something specific you could just look up what rank you need to fight it at on a list- it’s a bunch of the weaker monsters at anomaly level 31-100. Tetranodon, Bishaten, Daimyo Hermataur, Khezu.

Here you go-

What bugged me about anomaly mats is it makes no sense what drops what- like why is a giant crab dropping dragon blood rather than afflicted claw!

For what it’s worth the later anomaly fights are great fun and a serious challenge- risen elder dragons are no joke.
So you'd recommend going on, say, 4-star hunts until they spawn a 3-star, then 3-star until they spawn a 2-star, and bookmarking one high-level hunt of each star level/material type so I can roll back the level as necessary?

So you'd recommend going on, say, 4-star hunts until they spawn a 3-star, then 3-star until they spawn a 2-star, and bookmarking one high-level hunt of each star level/material type so I can roll back the level as necessary?
I’d just roll a quest back to the level you need to get what you want (sounds like 31-100), by clicking the left stick on your anomaly investigations quest list. Then, when you are done, just go to the board and use the search criteria on anomaly quests for a join request for the monster that’s back at near the top of your anomaly rank. Just taking part will have loads of high level hunts appear on your list again.

Back
Top Bottom