• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals (ShopTo) Super Mario RPG / Super Mario Bros Wonder £34.85 each + £5 Shopto Gift Card

Any animal crossing spinoff better than Amiibo festival would sell I feel. The characters are incredibly marketable, a focused friendship simulator/VN style thing would sell gangbusters. I'd love a good party game or something.

Going by franchise Sales:

Mario is very represented.
Kart specifically could probably have spinoffs at its current sales level, and it does, (no arguing over tour), with live: home and the arcade games.

Party is big enough to have spinoffs at this point, but its a small gameplay niche. I guess 9/10 play differently enough to be spinoffs. They have experimented with buildings/land ownership style mechanics in the past, so many something with that?

Zelda even with Hyrule Warrios/Necrodancer feels a little underserved. Probably because their is no mobile game. I'd kill for even a simple 2d top down Zelda maker, though it wouldn't be as easy to pick up and play as Mario. A TBRPG could also be fun. A dedicated puzzle game would also be neat.

Pokémon has a few, I wouldn't mind another bigger budget one in modern times, though we did have new Snap/Pokken. Feel due for a new Mystery dungeon. I'd like another attempt at Pokken, or something new and bigish like Ranger was. Almia, my beloved.

No Ring fit sequel yet, yet alone a spin off. A full rhythm game spinoff would be fun.

I guess Splatoon sells enough to get one. But they also make the DLC/modes fairly fresh. A home designer/fashion designer game might work. Or a grid based strategy game.

Luigi's mansion feels big enough now. But its only been very large since 3, scarescraper already exists. Halloweeny/Luigi themed spinoffs stuff could probably sell in the future. Maybe a multiplayer survival "horror"/asymmetric , or a social deduction game? We will probably get a Luigi movie at some point.

Kirby is very served and now has 2d and 3d. (The new online multiplayer games was really fun, could have used a few more modes and more robust competition).

DK seems to go through big enough gaps in platformers let alone spin offs. It could really use one outside of Minis.

Oh Fire emblem could be really big, I'm actually surprised they haven't done anything there apart from Warriors.

Yoshi...been a while, most his spinoffs weren't great. Can't even get a great platformer out these days. (Wooly world and DS are fine I guess). Yoshi is marketable, a new Tetris attack/Mario and Yoshi with extra puzzle style stuff could be neat. Yoshi could also go 3d like Kirby did. I love Yoshi, he deserves all the spin-offs.

Metroid prime 4 pinball as a download only title, do it Nintendo. A hunters/mode/online game might work today, but that seems high effort, and I'd rather than go in to main series games.

Pikmin could get some cute stuff. Maybe something closer to a more traditional strategy game. Like a cute mini Civ. Or a tower defense. Or an actual gardening game with little Pikmin assistants.

Xenoblade could probably get one. Could be up for a Warriors game at some point. Mobile/TBRPG could work. Or a fire emblem style game/ light VN/friendship simulator sort of thing, maybe a fire emblem cross-over outright?

Starfox...maybe? The series isn't huge. But the characters are marketable enough. Maybe a Starlink style crossover again to supplement a new rail shooter. A SMHUP could be very fun actually.

Any animal crossing spinoff better than Amiibo festival would sell I feel. The characters are incredibly marketable, a focused friendship simulator/VN style thing would sell gangbusters. I'd love a good party game or something.

Going by franchise Sales:

Mario is very represented.
Kart specifically could probably have spinoffs at its current sales level, and it does, (no arguing over tour), with live: home and the arcade games.

Party is big enough to have spinoffs at this point, but its a small gameplay niche. I guess 9/10 play differently enough to be spinoffs. They have experimented with buildings/land ownership style mechanics in the past, so many something with that?

Zelda even with Hyrule Warrios/Necrodancer feels a little underserved. Probably because their is no mobile game. I'd kill for even a simple 2d top down Zelda maker, though it wouldn't be as easy to pick up and play as Mario. A TBRPG could also be fun. A dedicated puzzle game would also be neat.

Pokémon has a few, I wouldn't mind another bigger budget one in modern times, though we did have new Snap/Pokken. Feel due for a new Mystery dungeon. I'd like another attempt at Pokken, or something new and bigish like Ranger was. Almia, my beloved.

No Ring fit sequel yet, yet alone a spin off. A full rhythm game spinoff would be fun.

I guess Splatoon sells enough to get one. But they also make the DLC/modes fairly fresh. A home designer/fashion designer game might work. Or a grid based strategy game.

Luigi's mansion feels big enough now. But its only been very large since 3, scarescraper already exists. Halloweeny/Luigi themed spinoffs stuff could probably sell in the future. Maybe a multiplayer survival "horror"/asymmetric , or a social deduction game? We will probably get a Luigi movie at some point.

Kirby is very served and now has 2d and 3d. (The new online multiplayer games was really fun, could have used a few more modes and more robust competition).

DK seems to go through big enough gaps in platformers let alone spin offs. It could really use one outside of Minis.

Oh Fire emblem could be really big, I'm actually surprised they haven't done anything there apart from Warriors.

Yoshi...been a while, most his spinoffs weren't great. Can't even get a great platformer out these days. (Wooly world and DS are fine I guess). Yoshi is marketable, a new Tetris attack/Mario and Yoshi with extra puzzle style stuff could be neat. Yoshi could also go 3d like Kirby did. I love Yoshi, he deserves all the spin-offs.

Metroid prime 4 pinball as a download only title, do it Nintendo. A hunters/mode/online game might work today, but that seems high effort, and I'd rather than go in to main series games.

Pikmin could get some cute stuff. Maybe something closer to a more traditional strategy game. Like a cute mini Civ. Or a tower defense. Or an actual gardening game with little Pikmin assistants.

Xenoblade could probably get one. Could be up for a Warriors game at some point. Mobile/TBRPG could work. Or a fire emblem style game/ light VN/friendship simulator sort of thing, maybe a fire emblem cross-over outright?

Starfox...maybe? The series isn't huge. But the characters are marketable enough. Maybe a Starlink style crossover again to supplement a new rail shooter. A SMHUP could be very fun actually.
Wrong thread.

43 is still a good price
Given it was possible to buy wonder before launch for £37.50 it really isn't tbh as it's currently £39.85 at shopto.

This is their international shipping info:
INTERNATIONAL

International delivery costs will be displayed at checkout. Price will vary depending on your selected shipping option and the weight of the item.

Orders placed for shipment to countries outside the UK will be charged without Tax and they may be subject to taxes, customs duties, and other fees charged by the country of destination. Unfortunately, we have no control over these charges, and fees can vary from country to country. Please contact your local customs office if you require further information on any fees you may be liable to pay. If the customer declines to pay Tax/duties in the country of destination and the item has to be shipped back to the sender, any refund made will be deducted with the costs for having the item returned. The cost of return can vary depending on the courier and destination item is being returned from, (on average, it will be around £30.00).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom