• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Shiren the Wanderer 6 announced for Nintendo Switch (UPDATE: localization confirmed, coming February 27th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPIIIIKE! Localize your games, for gods sake. This AND Natsu-mon!
There have been other Japan-only announcements in today's Direct?
Shiren 6, Stray Children and Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 remake. Latter two will also release in the west.

I wish I could be as confident as you guys that it'll be localized, but I'm not so sure. I'm still waiting on several Japan-only Switch games...

Yeesss!

I wish I could be as confident as you guys that it'll be localized, but I'm not so sure. I'm still waiting on several Japan-only Switch games...

I love it when my pessimism ages poorly!

YES! This is sooo bought. Been waiting for the sequel since I beat the 5th game on Vita!
Yay! The Dragon Quest of Roguelikes.
Dragon Quest of the Roguelikes is Dragon Quest again:
Torneko_no_Daib%C5%8Dken_Fushigi_no_Dungeon_Cover.jpg

Torneko taloon is the game started the whole franchise, Shiren is the stock IP for the gameplay Chunsoft created after Torneko. Mystery Dungeon 2 is the sequel to Torneko, but they're not the same franchise.

So awesome it's coming to the west. But since this is announced so soon after the Japanese announcement in the Direct, it should have been in the western Direct as well.

And look at that English logo, so lifeless compared to the Japanese one.

I am happy to see this come over, this will be my first Shiren game.

Surprised that the international version of this game is releasing by Pokémon Day.
I wonder if we get a new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game coming up in 2024?

Very happy about this releasing worldwide!
YES! This is sooo bought. Been waiting for the sequel since I beat the 5th game on Vita!

Dragon Quest of the Roguelikes is Dragon Quest again:
Torneko_no_Daib%C5%8Dken_Fushigi_no_Dungeon_Cover.jpg

Torneko taloon is the game started the whole franchise, Shiren is the stock IP for the gameplay Chunsoft created after Torneko. Mystery Dungeon 2 is the sequel to Torneko, but they're not the same franchise.
I always wondered why Square never further explored the possibilities of Mystery Dungeon titles within the DQ universe. So many possibilities for DQ Mystery Dungeon titles, but we only have like 3 Torneko games and that Yangus game I believe. Instead, SE went the Chocobo-way in releasing a lot of titles for that in the Mystery Dungeon-series. Quite a missed opportunity there with a colorful cast across the Dragon Quest universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom