• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Shadow Man : Darque Legacy (Xbox X|S, PS5, Steam & Epic Store)

Koren Lesthe

Turrican, Terranigma and ESO lover
Pronouns
He/Him
The Darkness comes...

A new Shadow Man game have been announced with a CG teaser !

After the fantastic Remaster of the first game by Nightdive Studios (which I completed at least three times at 100%, which is much less than the amount of time I spent on the original game on N64, Dreamcast and PC), this is a pretty good news. At first I thought it was about a comic book release because I thought I heard that a comic book based on the game would be announced (since the game differs quite a lot), but no, it's a whole new game.

We will play as a new Shadow Man : Jack Boniface who will use a scythe.
The game is announced for new gen consoles only and PC : PS5, Xbos Series X|S and Steam / Epic Games Store.

The first game is clearly one of my favorite game ever. It is some weird mix of Mario 64 with a big emphasis on exploration and off course, combat with lock-on à la Zelda / Metroid Prime. I don't know what will be the new game but anyway I'm excited.

The game that got famous on N64... is getting a sequel that's not on Nintendo. This actually hurts a little.

Hopefully devs are smart people and have port for the successor. I want my baldy on my portable.

The game that got famous on N64... is getting a sequel that's not on Nintendo. This actually hurts a little.

Hopefully devs are smart people and have port for the successor. I want my baldy on my portable.
Same, but I think this will be a late port.

I loved the game on N64 and was SO happy to see that the Remaster not only finally integrated a full "FPS Mode" like it was almost the case in the N64 version but also put back the second Violator, which was a N64 exclusive weapon (yep, two Violators, kinda overkill ^^).

This is one of the few games I always play with the french dub, since we got some pretty talented people :

Thierry Desroses as Mike LeRoy / Shadow Man, french voice of Samuel L. Jackson (and the late Lance Reddick).
Maïk Darah as Agnetta / Mama Nettie, french voice of Whoopie Goldberg.

And they did a very good job.

Wow! I’m cautiously optimistic. Shadow man is a masterpiece so this has a lot to live up to. They need Tim Haywood to score it and it has to be a Metroidvania!

Wow! I’m cautiously optimistic. Shadow man is a masterpiece so this has a lot to live up to. They need Tim Haywood to score it and it has to be a Metroidvania!
Fun fact : my step brother and I were talking about how we loved Whoopie Goldberg as Guinan in Star Trek and then I thought about Shadow Man (because the french dub had Whoopie Goldberg's french voice actress as Nettie).

I went on Tim Haywood's Bandcamp page, saw that the OST for the Remaster was available and bought it right away. Then I saw that Tim kept releasing tracks based on Shadow Man, 24 years later and thought "Damn, he must've really loved the game" (and I guess he helped restore the unused tracks for the Remaster and the massive cut content).

24 hours later, this happen ^o^.

I hope he is on board too, the main theme is stuck in my head.

Holy shit, Shadow Man was also one of my favorite games ever in N64 and I still have my mint copy of the game. I will never forget that intro with Jack the Ripper, it was that early when the game grabbed me and never let me go. First time I saw something like that in a videogame.

I also owned the second game on PS2 but i don't remember much about it :S

Looking forward for this, i need to finish the remaster also, but day 1 for me.

i do wonder if Nightdive will ever do a proper port of the original sequel at some point. alongside Turok 3 and Rage Wars.

you'd think the issue might presumably be that they were never ported to PC initally, but i remember hearing that Shadowman remastered had to use the source code from the inferior PS1 version as a base due to the other versions being partially missing.

Whoa, did not expect this. Dare I ask... Turok when?
there was an utterly bizzare cutesy Turok spin-off made in 2019 for some reason.

if i remember correctly, it was created because Universal was doing a game jam thing of letting various Indie studios borrow their IPs (they own Turok thanks to a series of acquisitions relating to Gold Key Comics, cumlinating in Universal buying Dreamworks in 2016.)
but it only lasted about 3 years before getting delisted.

there was also the time Disney (under their mature "Touchstone Pictures" label) published a new Turok game in 2008, but that's a story for another day.

New details, targeted release date, few screenshots and studio working on it
So, Valiant put a small update on the official website :

• Shadow Man : Darque Legacy is coming in Q4 2024 (a Switch 2: NGraketed port is totally possible ^^)
  • The studio working on it is the indie BlowFish Studio, who also did Morphite on Switch (a stylish 'No Man's Sky-ish' space exploration and quite a lot of other small games).
  • The story isn't set in any known continuity and is its own independant setting.
  • The 2023 SHADOWMAN® Darque Legacy Free Comic Book Day Special issue explores a prequel story to the game, with a chilling retelling of Shadowman’s origin.
EDIT :
Ok, the Steam Store page of the game have screenshots of some environnement :

ss_c38a49635f8e8ffbbcdadd7e9dcf66db40f6fd69.1920x1080.jpg

Hm, this reminds me of the hell butchers hitting piles of rotten flesh in the first game.

ss_94df1688631dd9b3a5cf00b5e09f6b1d19a4bd15.1920x1080.jpg

Clearly set in Lousiana, as it should be.

ss_c9fa20018a8c28e394c4929a2b00219120ba681a.1920x1080.jpg

Feels a bit Resi4 ^^

ss_4b2745f1f398e4e1a978a33b1924788fb421a65b.1920x1080.jpg

Nice cemeteray (LuigiWiiU)

ss_cfe2af05a7dd87849d26709b779844b942373e24.1920x1080.jpg

And this reminds me of the boss level from the first Shadow Man (the appartements where you get the flashlight)

Last edited:

Switch 2 is coming, this will be ported.

Back
Top Bottom