• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Rumour Sega Roadmap slowly leaking out (Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Virtua Fighter, etc)

I’m honestly surprised they’re still trying to make massively multiplayer online Crazy Taxi after the amount of cash they lost in Hyenas.
I don't expect this to be a F2P game so it increases it chances. Buy the game, keep the game this is what matters. Multiplayer and GaaS/Season aspects could be a main point but there should be an offline component of the game. That way the game could be failure prone.

Like Disney Speedstorm vs Chocobo GP. Speedstorm is F2P and cannot be played offline and will be dead when Gameloft stops supporting the game. Whereas Chocobo GP did have its GaaS seasons but it support died, the game still can be bought and played offline, generating money to Square despite being no longer supported.

I don't expect this to be a F2P game so it increases it chances. Buy the game, keep the game this is what matters. Multiplayer and GaaS/Season aspects could be a main point but there should be an offline component of the game. That way the game could be failure prone.

Like Disney Speedstorm vs Chocobo GP. Speedstorm is F2P and cannot be played offline and will be dead when Gameloft stops supporting the game. Whereas Chocobo GP did have its GaaS seasons but it support died, the game still can be bought and played offline, generating money to Square despite being no longer supported.
Disney Speedstorm and chocobo gp are also multiplayer games, when crazy taxi really isn’t. I don’t think a new gaas is the way you bring back a dormant single player IP whether it’s free or not. Federation force had a single player mode.

Disney Speedstorm and chocobo gp are also multiplayer games, when crazy taxi really isn’t. I don’t think a new gaas is the way you bring back a dormant single player IP whether it’s free or not. Federation force had a single player mode.
Chocobo GP also had a single player mode. It's not F2P, can be played offline.

As long as it has offline modes, it has better chance of succeeding than a F2P games. Especially on Switch/successor, offline is needed for handheld play. Don't forget this is a relatively niche franchise, it'll never get that "grandiose" return that us fans anticipate.

Chocobo GP also had a single player mode. It's not F2P, can be played offline.

As long as it has offline modes, it has better chance of succeeding than a F2P games. Especially on Switch/successor, offline is needed for handheld play. Don't forget this is a relatively niche franchise, it'll never get that "grandiose" return that us fans anticipate.
But racing is a genre that has always been multiplayer. Crazy Taxi is a score chasing single player arcade game. If the IP isn’t the main appeal then why make it Crazy Taxi instead of a new IP?

Sega's official public facing statement is that they're hoping their collection of GaaS titles (so Crazy Taxi and Jet Set so far) will make $670m.

So this is mostly Sega being out of touch with reality.
🌃 I think the Crazy Taxi game could be a success on the level of bloody helldivers 2jf they make jt right, but they're farking dreaming if they think jet set bloody radio has a shot. Probably only have it as a live service because it's easy to out costumes in

Hope that live service garbage don't sully the Switch 2. The best thing about the Switch being so weak is that you don't have to see any of these third party live service games on the console and taking up space and playing time that can instead go to classic single player and multiplayer experiences. When i see live service games it just remind me that in the future all of gaming will just be GAAS, while Switch at least lets you pretend classic console gaming have a future.

Hope that live service garbage don't sully the Switch 2. The best thing about the Switch being so weak is that you don't have to see any of these third party live service games on the console and taking up space and playing time that can instead go to classic single player and multiplayer experiences. When i see live service games it just remind me that in the future all of gaming will just be GAAS, while Switch at least lets you pretend classic console gaming have a future.
Last I checked, Fall Guys, Rocket League and Fortnite are all on Switch. Nintendo hasn't even been avoiding live service titles with all their free update plan sports games, the NSO game libraries, Splatoon, Mario Maker and the 99 titles.

Are we being purposefully ignorant of what's available on the eShop for the sake of pushing a purity narrative or something.

I am not that into the live service game and I would rather have a proper brand new Crazi Taxy. The remake is great but hopefully is 3 so we can have the three cities.
The thing I am most skeptical about is that the remakes seem just marketing tools for the live service titles, so I am wondering how much effort they will put into those.

Back
Top Bottom