• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News SEGA files trademark for “Sonic & Friends”

Pronouns
He/him
SEGA filed a trademark in late June for Sonic & Friends. A variety of categories were listed, including game-related ones. Speculate away.

Link to trademark: https://chizai-watch.com/t/2023070107?a=株式会社セガ

Mario got the whole Mushroom Kingdom banned from the Olympics for his performance-enhancing power-up use, so Sonic is calling in some other friends this time.

Garfield_and_Friends.jpg

The labelling reminds me of "Mickey Mouse & Friends", which sounds like what Sonic & Friends is going for: Sonic and his buddies on merchandise, since I don't see any game using that labelling for the time being (since Sonic Superstars have his friends, but it's not called "Sonic & Friends").

Mickey_Mouse_%26_Friends_logo.png

Thank you for reading.

It gives me merch vibes rather than being something used for a game title.

Are they getting the Friends cast back together for this?
Sonic: "I'm Sonic! Sonic the Hedgehog!"

Ross: "Yeah okay, I'm uh... Ross the Holiday Armadillo"
(Ross turns to his friends and does the classic "get a loud of this guy" pantomime before turning around to see that Sonic is in fact a giant anthropomorphic hedgehog)
Ross (surprised): Ah!
Laugh track goes wild

The labelling reminds me of "Mickey Mouse & Friends", which sounds like what Sonic & Friends is going for: Sonic and his buddies on merchandise, since I don't see any game using that labelling for the time being (since Sonic Superstars have his friends, but it's not called "Sonic & Friends").

Mickey_Mouse_%26_Friends_logo.png

Thank you for reading.
I'm almost certain I've used that "& Friends" font on a bunch of stuff, but the F is different

Sorry I'm a nerd

Back
Top Bottom