• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Sea of Stars surpasses 5 million players, will get co-op mode

Lugia667

Gerudo
Pronouns
He/Him

Sabotage Studio has announced that its hit RPG Sea of Stars has now surpassed 5 million players worldwide since its launch on 29th August, 2023. To celebrate, it has teased a new 3 player couch co-op mode officially dubbed 'Single Player+'.

While the short video above just demonstrates basic traversal for the time being, in which you can see the blue-haired Solstice Warrior Valere being brought back into the fold via a handy bubble, Sabotage notes that co-op will allow three players to engage in a new 'Co-Op Timed Hits' mechanic. This, presumably, will entail each player taking turns in combat and working together during specific attacks.

The new mode is in development now with Sabotage promising more details soon. In the meantime, if you're still on the fence about Sea of Stars, be sure to check out our review in which we called it a 'sensational achievement for Sabotage', awarding it a score of 9/10.

Not too thrilled about the breakout indie JRPG-inspired hit being the one from the team that slips in transphobic jokes and Completionist cameos, especially when the much better Chained Echoes was right around the same time and unfortunately somewhat overlooked, but uh congrats I guess

Not too thrilled about the breakout indie JRPG-inspired hit being the one from the team that slips in transphobic jokes and Completionist cameos, especially when the much better Chained Echoes was right around the same time and unfortunately somewhat overlooked, but uh congrats I guess
To be fair, the Completionist cameo was included before all of that charity insanity became public and they removed him from the game entirely once it did.

Well that's good. Unfortunately the lesser of their of their offenses though
The link is unfortunately dead and I don't know where I could find the source, but there was a discord screenshot of them addressing the Jordan Peterson problem.

My memory is fuzzy but it was basically them saying the quote mentioning him during the Messenger was sarcastic, and that they fully rejected his views.

I agree about you on Chained Echoes being much better though.

I wanted to buy it physically but after hearing that the writing is pretty bad I'm not that enthusiastic about this game anymore

Not really a fan of the game (the writing is awful, and the battles wear thin and become repetitive quite quickly), but it's always good to see an indie team see success.

Back
Top Bottom