• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Samba de Amigo: Party Central |ST|

Tye

All-around Nintendo enjoyer
Pronouns
they/them
Samba de Amigo: Party Central

Reveal Trailer​

Launch Trailer​

Get up and shake it on center stage in this vibrant rhythm action game!

Test your technique in a variety of minigames and challenges.

Hit the floor and play online in World Party mode!

šŸŖ‡

Groove to over 40 hit songs from the world's most popular genres!

Strut that style by customizing your character with unique costumes and accessories.

Show the world what you've got by competing on the online leaderboards.

Free demo available on Nintendo eShop

Samba de Amigo: Party Central Demo

šŸŖ‡ How to Play šŸŖ‡​

Rhythm Balls flow to the beat of the music. When they hit the Target Circles, shake the controller or press the assigned button.​
Shake
Use the controllers like maracas and move your whole body to the music!
Detach the Joyā€‘Con controllers and hold one in each hand. Play the game by shaking them in time to the music. The 6 Target Circles are positioned in the upper, middle and lower screen on the left and right side. For each Target Circle, shake the maracas with your left or right hand pointing up, to the side, or downwards.​
Button
Play the game using only the controller sticks and buttons.
Push the sticks or press the buttons when the Rhythm Balls hit the corresponding Target Circles. For the left hand circles use the directional buttons, and for the right press ā“/ā“Ž/ā’¶/ā’·. Alternatively you can flick L stick / R stick in the direction indicated to the same effect.​

Special Gimmicks​

Rapid
This is indicated by a succession of purple/red Rhythm Balls.​
Pose
When ā€œPOSE!ā€ is displayed, imitate the pose you see and hold it for the required time.​
Dance
When ā€œCOPY!ā€ is displayed, imitate the movements of the instructor ā€œPose.ā€ Move the controllers up and down, left and right, round and round as indicated to really get into the groove! The more repetitions you get in, the higher your rating.​
Jump
After a countdown, jump when prompted to by the ā€œJUMP!ā€ display.​
Slide
When you see the arrow mark, simply trace its path.​
Roulette
A Roulette Ball marked with a ā€œ?ā€ sometimes appears among the Rhythm Balls. If you input successfully as the Roulette Ball hits the Target Circle, a Roulette wheel will spin selecting a theme to play.

There are numerous themes, such as ā€œHome Run,ā€ where you hit flying objects with maracas, and ā€œPose Rush,ā€ where youā€™re given a number of poses to imitate. If you play successfully, your FEVER level will increase by 1. Play badly and it will drop by 1.​

Game Modes

Rhythm Game

A classic Rhythm Game mode for 1 player. Choose from 4 difficulty levels and play the song through to the end to clear!​

rhythm02.webp
Difficulty levels are rated as NORMAL, HARD, SUPER HARD and CRAZY! CRAZY features a variety of dance and slide gimmicks compared to other levels, adding a whole new dimension of fun! Use the maraca meter as a guide to tell just how difficult each difficulty really is before playing.

Rhythm Game
Play according to the classic game rules. Play to the end of the song to clear the round. If the FEVER gauge drops to 0 while your FEVER level is at 1, then itā€™s Game Over.

Ranking Challenge
Compete with players from all over the world to achieve the high score for each song. Basic rules are identical to Rhythm Game. When you achieve a high score, the record will be uploaded at the Results screen, and the top 10,000 scores will be registered on the Ranking Board.

Practice
Practice the different songs. Unlike Rhythm Game mode, you can play to the end of the song even if the FEVER gauge drops to 0. However, high scores are not recorded and there are no rewards.​

An online competitive elimination game mode for up to 8 players. Play through songs in succession and the last one standing at the end is the winner!​

World Party
A total of 20 players compete, made up of AI controlled players and up to 8 human players. When all the players are gathered, the game will begin. PHASE 1 to PHASE 3 are comprised of a single song each, played in succession. The song and difficulty are chosen at random.

The cut-off line for the PHASE is displayed, and players ranking above that line stay in the game. Those that arenā€™t or donā€™t make it to the end are eliminated. If you attain a certain score, you can receive up to 1 Item per PHASE. Press ZR to use an item with various useful effects.​
world02.webp
Party for Two

A party game for 2 players. There are 4 modes to select from!​

twin02.webp
Rhythm Game
The rules are the same as for 1 player Rhythm Game. The game will end if the FEVER gauge of both players reaches 0.

Love Checker
Diagnose your compatibility via a rhythm game. When the rhythm of both players is synchronized, the heart pieces will move closer to the center. Try to complete as many hearts as you can. When the song ends, a compatibility diagnosis is displayed. What happens when compatibility is over 100%...?

Show Down
The player with the most viewers by the end of the song wins. A judgement will be made 6 times during the song, and the player with the highest score at that point will find their viewers increase. After the match ends, the losing player must perform a penalty game! The penalty is determined by roulette, so donā€™t give up hope!

Mini Rhythm Games
A selection of 3 game modes for Shake style play. Mini Games come with their own original songs.​

A mission mode for 1 player. Clear various missions to gain followers!​

StreamiGo!
Test your skills by taking on missions with various clear conditions. As you play, comments from viewers will pop up. If you achieve the bonus conditions displayed when you selected the mission, you may receive tips from the viewers. At the end of the mission, your followers will increase or decrease based on your performance.

In some missions, rival streamers will challenge you to a show down. The rules are the same as the ā€œShow Downā€ in Party For Two, and the player with the most viewers by the end of the mission wins.​
stream03.webp
Online Play

An online mode for 2 to 4 players.​

online02.webp
Enter a Room Code to search for a room directly, create a room that anyone can join, or create a room that only those with the code can join. Gameplay is the same as for Rhythm Game.​

Dress up Amigo and check your records!​

Gallery
Customization Shop
Change the appearance of Amigo.

Records
Check out your records and achievements.

Options
Make changes to various game settings.

Tutorial
Replay the tutorial that is shown when you create a new Save data.

Credits
See the names of the staff that brought you Samba de Amigo: Party Central!​
feature4-desktop.png

Included Songs
Azukita
by Steve Aoki, Daddy Yankee,
Play-N-Skillz, & Elvis Crespo
Bang Bang
by Jessie J, Ariana Grande,
& Nicki Minaj
Bom Bom
by Sam and the Womp
Break Free
(feat. Zedd)

by Ariana Grande
Celebrate
by Pitbull
Centerfold
by The J. Geils Band
Chosen Mask
original song​
Escape from the City
from Sonic Adventure 2
Fist Bump
from Sonic Forces
Fugue in G Minor
cover from Rhythm Thief
& the Emperor's Treasure
Get Busy
by Soolja
Good Feeling
by Flo Rida
Good Time
by Owl City &
Carly Rae Jepsen
I Love It
(feat. Charli XCX)

by Icona Pop
I Really Like You
by Carly Rae Jepsen
I Will Survive
(Eric Kupper Mix Edit)

by Gloria Gaynor
I Won't Let You Down
by OK Go
Just Dance
(feat. Colby O' Donis)

by Lady Gaga
Karma Chameleon
by Culture Club
La Bamba
cover​
Let You Go
(feat. Kareen Lomax)

by Diplo & TSHA
Let's Find and Shake It
original song​
Macarena
cover​
Make Way
(Legendary)

by Aloe Blacc
Move Your Feet
by Junior Senior
Moves Like Jagger
(feat. Christina Aguilera)

by Maroon 5
Pa'lla
by Max Pizzolante
Panama
by Matteo
Payback
(feat. Icona Pop)

by Cheat Codes
Plastic Hearts
by Miley Cyrus
Pompeii
by Bastille
Runaway (U & I)
by Galantis
Scent of Your Sweet Love
original song​
Sucker
by Jonas Brothers
The Cup of Life
(Spanglish Version)

by Ricky Martin
TiK ToK
by Kesha
VAMOS A CARNAVAL
original song from
Samba de Amigo Ver.2000
XS
by Rina Sawayama
You & Me
by Marshmello
You Give Love A Bad Name
by Bon Jovi
Ver. 1.0.3
update:​
Let's Take a Shot
by Pitbull x Vikina
Shake Senora
(feat. T-Pain & Sean Paul)

by Pitbull

Paid DLC Music Packs

dlc-en.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog
Music Pack

Available August 29, 2023*
*Included with Deluxe Digital Edition / Deluxe Upgrade Pack
I'm Here
from Sonic Frontiers
Open Your Heart
from Sonic Adventure
Reach for the Stars
(Re-Colors)

from Sonic Colors: Ultimate

Japanese
Music Pack

Available August 29, 2023​
MATSUKENSAMBA II
by Ken Matsudaira
Kaikai Kitan
by Eve
KING
by Kanaria feat. GUMI

SEGA
Music Pack

Available September 28, 2023*
*Included with Deluxe Digital Edition / Deluxe Upgrade Pack
Available August 29, 2023 via Deluxe Digital Edition
Go Go Cheer Girl!
from Space Channel 5: Part 2
Baka Mitai
(Taxi Driver Edition)

from Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio
Theme of Phantom R
from Rhythm Thief
& the Emperor's Treasure

K-Pop
Music Pack

Available September 28, 2023​
Dynamite
by BTS
Permission to Dance
by BTS
Cupid (Twin Version)
- Sped-Up

by FIFTY FIFTY

Phantom Thieves of Hearts
Music Pack

Available October 25, 2023​
Colors Flying High
from Persona 5 Royal
Life Will Change
from Persona 5
Rivers in the Desert
from Persona 5

Virtual Singer
Music Pack

Available October 25, 2023​
Good-bye Declaration
by Chinozo feat. flower
phony
by Tsumiki feat. KAFU
The Vampire
by DECO*27
feat. Hatsune Miku

Amigoā€™s Favorites
Music Pack

Available November 29, 2023​
Take On Me
cover by Weezer
Tubthumping
by Chumbawamba
Do It Well
by Jennifer Lopez

Party
Music Pack

Spicy Beach BBQ
-Sizzling Mix-

original song​
Happy Holidays
-Jolly Party Mix-

original song​
World New Year
-Funky Party Mix-

original song​
Happy Birthday
-Cake and Candles Mix-

original song​

Kawaii
Pack

(Includes Love and Berry Fashion Set)

Idol
by YOASOBI
ABC de Daijoubu!
from Love and Berry
Milky Star, Shooting Star
from maimai

Digital Deluxe Edition & Deluxe Upgrade Pack

Sonic Music DLC Pack, Sega Music DLC Pack, Sonic Costume, Tails Costume, Space Channel 5 Costume, Super Monkey Ball Costume, Puyo Puyo Costume

Additional DLC Costumes & Accessories
F8SYpDia4AAEl4w
F8SYm2KbcAAeZHs
Peanuts-kun Costume
Free download, Japan only
MATSUKENSAMBA II Style Costume
Free download
f573b6623a26be6a4b9c9e42fadc61efa6bcac906c61cfcd7a3051cbd7af16ea.jpg
F9rvNdKbgAA7Ona
Joker & Morgana Costume and Accessories Pack
Paid DLC
Love and Berry Fashion Set
Paid DLC (Included with Kawaii Pack)

Other Versions
Samba de Amigo: Party-To-Go
Samba de Amigo: Virtual Party
iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, & Apple TV
Requires iOS 13.0, iPadOS 13.0, macOS 11.0, or tvOS 13.0 or later
Meta Quest 2, Meta Quest Pro, & Meta Quest 3​
Released August 29, 2023​
Released October 12, 2023​
story1.jpg
feature1-quest_desktop.jpg
Embark on a quest with Amigo to return lost music to the world in the Apple Arcade exclusive Story mode.

(Features touch controls on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, but does not support motion controls. Does not include the World Party, Party for Two, StreamiGo!, and Online Play modes.)

Also features three exclusive songs:​
Samba de Amigo in VR! Features the exclusive mixed reality modes MR Multiverse and MR Party.

(Does not include Party For Two or Online Play modes. Song list and DLC is the same as Samba de Amigo: Party Central.)
DADDY
by PSY
The Edge of Glory
by Lady Gaga
The Walker
by Fitz and the Tantrums

Last edited:
Characters.png
amigo.webp

Amigo​

The most popular maracas artist in the music scene today, and he is still hungry to reach new heights. With his rhythm and just a drop of luck, nothing can hold him back once he grabs his maracas!

Favorite treat: Baked bananas
Birthday: March 8th
amiga.webp

Amiga​

Having made made her pop debut at a very young age, she is now one of the top idols! Sheā€™s precocious and seems a little spoiled at times, but most adore her just the way she is. Even Amigo gives in when she starts whining at him!

Favorite treat: Chocolate
Birthday: April 28th

Linda​

One of the hottest samba dancers in town who acts mellow but holds herself to high professional standards. She loves dancing by finding the groove and will often tell others, ā€œIf youā€™re going to do it, do it like a pro!ā€

Favorite treat: Veggie sticks
Birthday: August 10th
lynda.webp

Rio​

Formerly the most popular Pop idol, and currently remains a bit of a show-off. Once you get to know him better though, heā€™s actually an all-round good guy whoā€™s always chasing his dreams.

Favorite treat: Onion Rings
Birthday: February 9th
rio.webp
bingo.webp

Bingo​

One of a pair of twins that performs in a dancing bear costume. In spite of his youth, heā€™s been in the business a long time! The two of them are always clowning around playing pranks on each other!

Favorite treat: Marshmallows
Birthday: September 10th
bongo.webp

Bongo​

Bingoā€™s twin who also performs in a dancing bear costume. Her passion for art having been reignited, sheā€™s hard at work trying new routines, determined to make a spectacular comeback.

Favorite treat: Gummies
Birthday: October 9th

Chumba​

The former boss of a street gang who turned his life around to become a mandolin player. Heā€™s a regular customer at Wambaā€™s shop. With an uncertain future ahead, the two of them decided to suit up and try the ā€œstylish old manā€ look.

Favorite treat: Cappuccino
Birthday: August 4th
chamba.webp

Wamba​

Bar owner by day, conga player by night. He cooks a mean cactus steak and is a great stand-up under the spotlight. He often regales lighthearted tales of his ā€œadventuresā€ to a captivated full house.

Favorite treat: Tacos
Birthday: July 14th
wumba.webp
max.webp

Max​

A city-born street dancer, this hip young lad loves to move his stuff to only the coolest music. He used to think maracas were pretty lame, but once he met Amigo he quickly changed his tune.

Favorite treat: Chewing gum
Birthday: June 4th
rudolph.webp

Rudolph​

A successful music producer, dancer, rapper, and club owner. He is well versed in all genres of music and has a talent for finding rare gems with hidden talent. Heā€™s also an active gourmet influencer on social media under a pseudonym.

Favorite treat: Caviar
Birthday: May 13th

Rabbina​

The number one social media influencer, and the voice of modern youth! Her dancing is incredible, and her perfect figure gets her side gigs as a model. Many of her fans want to see her perform with Amiga!

Favorite treat: Macarons
Birthday: November 1st
rubbi.webp

Yamigo​

???

(Exclusive to Story mode in Samba de Amigo: Party-To-Go for Apple Arcade.)
F5FvUUjaMAA6_E6

Last edited:
Great ST! I'm thinking about picking this one up while it's on sale, but I've read a few reviews that complain about imprecision in the maraca controls. Can anyone speak to that one way or another?

Thanks! I spent, like, two whole days working on it, so I hope itā€™s good, lol.

Great ST! I'm thinking about picking this one up while it's on sale, but I've read a few reviews that complain about imprecision in the maraca controls. Can anyone speak to that one way or another?
Honestly, Iā€™d say the opposite is true if anything; the motions controls are intentionally lenient so that you generally donā€™t have to be doing the exact motions to trigger hits. In fact, Iā€™ve seen some reviews complain that the game is ā€œtoo easyā€ because of how lenient the motion controls are. But thatā€™s the pointā€”they made the motion controls so lenient to ensure that the experience is fun rather than frustrating.

You just have to be aware of how youā€™re tilting the Joy-Con (check out the ā€œShakeā€ Guide video in the OP for a good explanation) but as long as youā€™re doing that right the controls work pretty much flawlessly. Like, part of the reason why Iā€™ve taken such an intense liking to this game is because Iā€™m absolutely shocked that the motion controls work so well for a rhythm game like this! But you donā€™t have to take my word for itā€”try the demo and see for yourself! Of course, it might take a bit of playing before the controls fully click for you, so just keep that in mind, too!

Nice!! I was kind of expecting a Persona Music Pack, so thatā€™s nice to get that confirmed already. Weird for them to release a Virtual Singer Music Pack but not save KING by GUMI for it and instead just make that one of the songs in the Japanese Music Pack, but okay, lol.

Also, it seems the September DLC is finally available now! I was waiting for it to go up all day yesterday since it had been reported by some sites that the SEGA and K-Pop Music Packs would be released on September 27th, but I guess they meant the 28th instead? lol Anyway, Iā€™ll have to check out the K-Pop songs in a bit (already have the SEGA songs from the Deluxe Upgrade Pack since those released early via that).

Man, I'd get this right now if I had actually working joycons. I know it works with the controller too, but I don't vibe with it as much without shaking something around.

Also, the "costume" part of the P5 DLC is so cursed it's amazing.

F7F-6_7bgAAJ_aa

Man, I'd get this right now if I had actually working joycons. I know it works with the controller too, but I don't vibe with it as much without shaking something around.
Whatā€™s wrong with your Joy-Con? If itā€™s just stick drift, you should actually be fine, since the stick is only really used to navigate menus but the gameplay will exclusively use motion controls with Shake controls set. Of course, depending on how bad the drift is, navigating the menus might be too annoying or difficult with drift, I guess, lol.

Also, the "costume" part of the P5 DLC is so cursed it's amazing.

F7F-6_7bgAAJ_aa
capsule_616x353.jpg

Same energy, lol.

Last time I tried to use my joycons I literally couldn't navigate the Switch's home menu, so they've just kinda been left in a corner to rot. I thought about just buying some new ones just for Samba, but... the possibility of new hardware within the next year with controllers I could use instead is keeping me at bay. Though the siren call is strong. Might pick it up and just use my pro controller anyway while I wait.

Quoted by: Tye
Last time I tried to use my joycons I literally couldn't navigate the Switch's home menu, so they've just kinda been left in a corner to rot. I thought about just buying some new ones just for Samba, but... the possibility of new hardware within the next year with controllers I could use instead is keeping me at bay. Though the siren call is strong. Might pick it up and just use my pro controller anyway while I wait.
Do you live in a region where Nintendo will repair your Joy-Con for free? Because if so you may as well do that for now.

Iā€™m surprised that the K-Pop songs areā€¦100% English languageā€”all three of them! Like, huh?? Thatā€™s not what I was expecting from K-Pop, lol.

Also, I added a character section below the OP! I originally wanted to include that in the OP itself but I had already hit the limit for the maximum number of images allowed in a single post, lol.

The latest DLC music packs released yesterday! The final two music packs were also revealed:

No song list for the upcoming packs yet, but itā€™s probably safe to assume that weā€™ll be getting Samba de Janeiro in the Amigoā€™s Favorites DLC pack at the very least. Very curious to see what other two songs we get for that, or what any of the four songs in the Party Music Pack will beā€¦

Also, Iā€™m kinda surprised at the song selection for the Persona DLC. Wish they would have included Last Surprise instead of Life Will Change or Colors Flying High ā€˜cause I donā€™t really care for those two (plus theyā€™re not in Smash so Iā€™m not very familiar with them anyway).

These new Vocaloid/CeVIO songs are destroying me while Iā€™m trying to go for perfect combos on Super Hard, lol. Definitely some of the most challenging songs in the game, up there with Theme of Phantom R on Super Hard!

Forgot to post here when it went live, but the final DLC Music Packs have been released!

Iā€™ve also updated the OP with the new songs. Shockingly, thereā€™s no Samba de Janeiro in the Amigoā€™s Favorites packā€¦

As of today, Iā€™ve finally 100% completed Samba de Amigo: Party Central as much as possible! Perfect combos in every song on all difficulties, all achievements unlocked, StreamiGo! completed, top rank reached in World Party, and all customization items purchased. Finishing up the last few songs that I still needed to perfect combo was hard and took quite awhile. Those Virtual Singer DLC songs are no joke, lol.

Great thread! Thanks for compiling all of the DLC and such as viewing on the eShop or even DekuDeals isn't ideal.

I'm excited to give this a go after cleaning a few backlog games.

Great thread! Thanks for compiling all of the DLC and such as viewing on the eShop or even DekuDeals isn't ideal.

I'm excited to give this a go after cleaning a few backlog games.
Thank you! Iā€™m glad some people are appreciating the thread! I was worried no one else besides me was gonna post in it now that all the DLC is out and it doesnā€™t seem like many people cared about the game in the first placeā€¦

Anyway, hope you enjoy it!! What Iā€™ve been doing, personally, is just playing it for a little bit at a time most days as some decent aerobics exercise, so Iā€™ve been juggling it alongside other games.

How on earth is the Samba theme NOT in the game whatsoever? That had to be a conscious decision.

How would you rate the overall game on Switch now? A true worthy Samba 2 after 25 years of waiting? :p

Quoted by: Tye
How on earth is the Samba theme NOT in the game whatsoever? That had to be a conscious decision.

How would you rate the overall game on Switch now? A true worthy Samba 2 after 25 years of waiting? :p
Well, it was the game I had the most fun with this whole year, even against games like The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Pikmin 4, Super Mario Bros. Wonder, etc., soā€¦Iā€™d say itā€™s pretty damn great! At least it was for me.

Iā€™m probably the wrong person to ask about how it compares to the previous three Samba de Amigo releases since Iā€™ve never actually played them myself, but considering this one doesnā€™t involve fragile wired maraca controllers or clunky pre-Motion+ Wii Remote controls, I canā€™t imagine it not being a worthy sequel that surpasses the original games! The song variety is more broad, too, though depending on your preferences that could go either way. Really, though, Iā€™m so, so impressed with how well the motion controls work in this game! Thatā€™s truly what makes the game such a huge hit for me. Itā€™s just such a fun experience all around!

But yeah, not sure whatā€™s up with Samba de Janiero being absent here. I was confident that it would show up in the Amigoā€™s Favoriteā€™s DLC Music Pack, but it didnā€™tā€¦ Seems theyā€™ve made Vamos a Carnaval the new main theme of the seriesā€¦which honestly makes more sense, given that thatā€™s an original song by SEGA rather than a licensed song, so theyā€™re free to use it wherever and however they want. Still weird that it wasnā€™t even added as DLC, thoughā€¦

Also, whatā€™s up with us getting a different cover of Take On Me than the one used in the Wii version of Samba de Amigo?? That surprised me as well, lol.

The gameā€™s on sale for 60% off right now, for anyone who may be interested but has been waiting for a big discountā€¦

Itā€™s already been on sale for this price before, too (actually for $1 cheaper), and I canā€™t imagine physical copies will be available for much longer, so get it while you canā€¦ Iā€™m telling yaā€™ll, this game is tons of fun!!

Back
Top Bottom