• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Rune Factory 3 Special announced for Nintendo Switch and Steam, coming September 5th (UPDATE: reviews are out, see threadmarks)

I hope rf6 runs and looks better then rf5. Also same sex marriage not just an afterthought please

So, Rune Factory fans, tell me: Is the game this is a remake of the peak of the series, the entry held in highest regard and the one to try if someone were to try just one game of the series?

Wow, really did not expect that! Rune Factory 3 is sooo great! People usually prefer 4, but for some reason, 3 felt really special.

Maybe it's because at first, I was really not feeling the design of the main character and the monster transformation, but then, when I played it, I was really impressed with how fluid everything was! The gameplay was really a step up from 1 and 2.

Thankfully this is more of a remake compared to RF4S (which is logical considering RF3 was a DS game). Hope they implement some of the improvements from modern entries.

Also, there needs to be a RF5S that fixes the issues of the original.

In french they said "new Rune Factory series in development" wonder what that means. Some sort of reboot ?
They said that in the English version too. I have no idea what that means but I’ll take more Rune Factory if they got it.

So, Rune Factory fans, tell me: Is the game this is a remake of the peak of the series, the entry held in highest regard and the one to try if someone were to try just one game of the series?
In terms of gameplay mechanics I would say you should play RF4 Special. All the cool QOL stuff is there.

I think what RF3 has going for it compared to RF4 is the cast, because everyone has a screw or two loose. It has some of the funniest dialogue I’ve seen in games.

Also, there needs to be a RF5S that fixes the issues of the original.
Yeah… I love RF5 but all those technical issues break the flow just enough to pry you from the gameplay loop.

In french they said "new Rune Factory series in development" wonder what that means. Some sort of reboot ?
Apparently means Rune Factory 6 is in development. Which makes me SO happy.

In terms of gameplay mechanics I would say you should play RF4 Special. All the cool QOL stuff is there.

I think what RF3 has going for it compared to RF4 is the cast, because everyone has a screw or two loose. It has some of the funniest dialogue I’ve seen in games.

Sounds like either is a winner. Thanks. I think I'd slightly take the humour over the quality of life, but we'll see what happens to be on sale first when I'm in the mood for nothing in my backlog.

Did RF4 special introduce same sex marriage? I could play these remakes if they did that.
i think 5 was the first one to have same gender marriage.
Just to add to that: RF4 Special let you change your character model at a certain point in the story, so for example you could play as the guy, then change into the girl model, so you'd be a girl with female romantic options. This however does not modify the pronouns accordingly.

RF5 just straight up has same-sex marriage options.

Hmm, that's a shame. Hope they will implement it for 3, now that they've realized the world wasn't taken over by Satan after they made their games more inclusive.

Hmm, that's a shame. Hope they will implement it for 3, now that they've realized the world wasn't taken over by Satan after they made their games more inclusive.
IIRC in 3 there is only the male character and only bachelorettes, they'll had to modify the game a lot

IIRC in 3 there is only the male character and only bachelorettes, they'll had to modify the game a lot
This is correct. RF3 only has a male protagonist and bachelorettes. And since this is only a touched up rerelease, I wouldn't expect the addition of same sex marriage. On the bright side, RF6 will probably have that.

This is correct. RF3 only has a male protagonist and bachelorettes. And since this is only a touched up rerelease, I wouldn't expect the addition of same sex marriage. On the bright side, RF6 will probably have that.

Rune Factory games have so much text and this game having so many bachlorettes i don't think it was realistic we would ever get a female protag. i don't think they have the resources for this project for that, especially when they are making future RF games (which will have both genders and should bring forward bi MCs)

Makes me wonder which would be a better purchase, 3 Special or 4 Special. I enjoyed 5, but I feel like I'd enjoy the top down aspect of these games more.

Makes me wonder which would be a better purchase, 3 Special or 4 Special. I enjoyed 5, but I feel like I'd enjoy the top down aspect of these games more.
4 Special is probably the way to go. It's cheaper, it's got general qol improvements even before the special versions, and you can play as a female character (if that matters to you).

4 Special is probably the way to go. It's cheaper, it's got general qol improvements even before the special versions, and you can play as a female character (if that matters to you).
Agreed on all counts. RF4 Special is just the all around best. I'd suggest getting RF3 if you want more Rune Factory after playing through 4.

Back
Top Bottom