• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation Rumour: Tom Holland to play Jak and Chris Pratt to play Daxter in live action Jak and Daxter movie.

From a known MCU insider:

FvtgZxZXoCcPYyc.jpg

This feels like a parody casting, it’s too on the nose. Tom Holland is like the go to guy for Sony movies to the point that I’m surprised they didn’t work him into Gran Turismo, and Chris Pratt is somehow the voice of every mascot character now. An AI pitched this.

I really wish they would just make a new game instead, but maybe at this point games have become so expensive to make its actually cheaper to make a movie or show to gauge interest in a brand. Either way, ive tucked jak and daxter away in the back of my mind with banjo kazooie as series that I adored when I was younger that will never ever get another entry.

I wouldn't take this that seriously.

They do have MCU info but are only right sometimes and it's usually for things that have already filmed.

I really wish they would just make a new game instead, but maybe at this point games have become so expensive to make its actually cheaper to make a movie or show to gauge interest in a brand. Either way, ive tucked jak and daxter away in the back of my mind with banjo kazooie as series that I adored when I was younger that will never ever get another entry.
I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get someone to make a tie in game. Whether it would be a direct tie in or a something completely new, I couldn't tell you.

This feels like a parody casting, it’s too on the nose. Tom Holland is like the go to guy for Sony movies to the point that I’m surprised they didn’t work him into Gran Turismo, and Chris Pratt is somehow the voice of every mascot character now. An AI pitched this.
Considering the writer's strike right now, it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

I wouldnt put it past Sony to explore all their IP for films. Its not like Uncharted did bad for them.

I don’t believe this rumor, but if a movie got made maybe we’d finally get a new game from someone around it so that’d be cool.

Hahahabahhajajauja, Jom and Praxter. If this is how naughty dogs best series game back I would lose it.

source.gif

Came in to say this sounded like a pitch by an AI fed too many recent movies as prompts, but I see someone already had that cursed realization

So... sure, of course they are. At this point, why not.

Not gonna lie, I want to see Tom as Edgy Jak from the second game (for all the wrong reasons).

I mean…Tom could pull the look off. But I’m begging studios to realize there are more actors than just these two.

I have reached a point where simply seeing the name "Chris Pratt" being mentioned for anything is enough to put me in a bad mood.

I don’t believe this rumor, but if a movie got made maybe we’d finally get a new game from someone around it so that’d be cool.
Please, Sony, give the potential game to Team Asobi

Sony literally just tried casting Holland in a video game movie and it didn't work!
It did work pretty well, though: it made 400M$ worldwide (from a 120M$ budget). Between that, the new game sales it must have brought, merchandising and licensing, it was probably a very profitable operation for Sony, and it wouldn't surprise me if we were to see a sequel.

Hopefully at this rhythm we will have the God of War movie with Tom Holland as Kratos and Chris Pratt as Atreus.

I honestly don't know why they didn't casted Tom Holland as the protagonist in Gran Turismo movie with Chriss Pratt as the car, honestly I don't know.

who’s gonna take the franchising death spiral ouroboros out behind the shed because this shit’s getting rabid

Or you know. Get someone who is taller, scrawnier, actually can pull off the blonde/green hair look. Who has the range to go from happy go lucky to someone wanting pure revenge and full of pain.

Then for Daxter just bring back the OG voice actor or if you really need a celebrity to play Daxter cast a actual teenager since Daxter was originally whatever elf/human species Jak is.

Like Hollywood pulled this Chris Pratt and or Tom Holland stunt like 4-5 times now. And they got flak every single time.

if they get the Twisted Metal writers on board it'll probably be decent despite the absurd casting. that series surprisingly worked out fairly well despite constantly flipping between being incredibly accurate to the games versus going in a drastically different direction.

And why make it live action?
Sony previously tried making an animated film based off of Ratchet & Clank, which did poorly in theaters.
that almost certainly scared them off. (the tie-in remake of the original game did well though.)

Sony previously tried making an animated film based off of Ratchet & Clank, which did poorly in theaters.
that almost certainly scared them off. (the tie-in remake of the original game did well though.)
I assume it has to do with Tom Holland and the Director, they were talking about it in 2021.

As for animation, Sony Pictures Animation is apparently working on one PS Production related project. (Not to be confused with the game with the now defunct Pixelopus).

So what that is? Who knows?

It might get canned before it is even announced.

Back
Top Bottom