• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour (RUMOUR) Switch 2 codenamed "NG", two SKUs, September 2024 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemonfresh

#Team2024
Pronouns
He/Him
Rumor comes from person that provided The Snitch with details and screenshots of Rise of the Ronin, also informed snitch about the development of GOW Ragnarok DLC posted on his discord channel.

image.png

• September 2024 launch
  • $450 for standard, $400 for digital-only
  • NG is indeed the code name

Before discussion heats up, lemme cross quote RailWays' post from the Hardware thread:

1. Not sure Nintendo would bother with dual SKU again
2. I feel like there is too much lacking context for the supposed leaker here for me to buy into what they're supplying. The date they provide is extremely odd as well (Tuesday?)
3. "NG" is codename seems guessable enough considering we have previous communication via CMA documents referring to it as such.

So, it's likely a fake leak.

You may call me BuzzKilljack

$450 for standard, $400 for digital-only

Would a tiny cartridge slot have that much of a price impact? It's not exactly a disk drive.

Probably be cheaper to make just one unit with a slot than it would with two different units with different features.

Not a fan of those prices, but hey, maybe something really good and worthy of celebration will happen in Russia before its release.

And not to really buzz kill but sources on here who know the actual code name have confirmed NG is fake
“Off with this thread” lol

I'm sorry my man but if every dumbass on the internet saying the switch 2 is coming out got a thread this forum would be unreadable

Things could change, but I don't see why Nintendo would release two differents SKUs into the market -- one being a digital only.

Specially if they plan to release game related special editions and their typical mid-gen upgrade (beefier or not, like the OLED models).

Of course I could be wrong but I don't buy any of this.

I can't lose my avatar bet, pleaae not the purple blob !
Also the "NG" stuff have been known for a bit now. Nanny Granny.

There may be some discussion internally at Nintendo arguing that a $450 price is maybe too much for some consumers demographics and wants another more low cost SKU.

So well they will offer a digital only Switch NG.

Late September to early November 2024 release is something we all speculated and is completely pausible/believable.

So the question is why is there a separate thread for this rumor, when it doesn’t seem to even be half reliable

I guess because the stuff P4bl0 found and posted in the Hardware thread isn't on Discord? ^^

Why would they do an entire seperate SKU involving seperate packaging, manufacturing, shipping and potentially confusing marketing for the sake of a tiny cart slot when there’s not much else the other model can do to benefit from it. It wouldn’t be considerably lighter or slimmer, and the cost benefit in manufacturing would be miniscule, not $50. It’s not a disc drive.

This thread has been locked, this rumour isn’t anywhere near strong enough to have its own thread.

I tell you what. If this information all turns out to be true, you can throw pies in my face. Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom