• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion [RUMOUR] Robocop: Rogue City Has Been Quietly Cancelled On Switch?

Bishop89

Piranha Plant
Exhibit A: Any mention of the Switch has been erased. It is no longer advertised on the main website
https://robocop-roguecity.com/en

Exhibit B: It has been removed from the new trailers (Trailer from a year ago vs new one)
Untitled-1.jpg

Exhibit C: This FB Exchange
(thanks to NintendoLife)
robocop-facebook.large.jpg

They removed all mentions of Switch just a month after the initial announcement. I think this is a very similar situation to Test Drive, Nacon added Switch as a platform without asking the devs first.

I don't think Teyon is interested in Switch development, Terminator also skipped Switch. RoboCop likely won't be on the successor either.

I don't think Teyon is interested in Switch development, Terminator also skipped Switch. RoboCop likely won't be on the successor either.
What makes you say that? We don't have any information about any titles on the Switch successor, appart from speculation of obvious 1st party titles.

After playing the demo on PC, yeah, getting this to run on OG Switch might have been a tall order. Wonder if they were just expecting a Pro/Successor to be out when they announced the game.

That said, this should be an easy Switch 2 port later on. Game is looking pretty amazing, too.

What makes you say that? We don't have any information about any titles on the Switch successor, appart from speculation of obvious 1st party titles.
now you're just jumping the gun. this game runs hard on other systems, dropping Switch makes all teh sense in the world
There was a Teyon interview where they said they simply are not interested in Nintendo development (port of Terminator) but I couldn't find it. Could be because they didn't think Switch can run Terminator but it sounded to me they just didn't want it.

Quoted by: SiG
I played the demo on my Steam Deck and it couldn’t keep up. The game itself is really fun but I’m not sure Switch could handle it.

There was a Teyon interview where they said they simply are not interested in Nintendo development (port of Terminator) but I couldn't find it. Could be because they didn't think Switch can run Terminator but it sounded to me they just didn't want it.
Obviously what might apply to the Switch might not be the same for the successor.

The demo ran like crap on my 1070ti, no fucking shot they were getting a working version on Switch.
9-Volt loves to accuse devs about this sort of thing, usually for nonexistent reasons

The demo ran like crap on my 1070ti, no fucking shot they were getting a working version on Switch.

9-Volt loves to accuse devs about this sort of thing, usually for nonexistent reasons
Well, to be fair, the devs also released a big next gen update & content dlc for Terminator… exclusively for PS5.

Xbox Series owners ? Thanks for buying the base game, we hope you never get the next gen patch, for reasons.

Back
Top Bottom