• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour [RUMOUR/LEAK?] Metal Gear Announcements In The Coming Weeks According To Raiden VA

the_marmolade

Quality Assurance Tester in Video Game Industry
Pronouns
He/Him
Looks like we won't have to wait that long for Metal Gear Announcements according to Quinton Flyon VA for Raiden. Rumour has it that Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake and ports of Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 are in the works for current consoles.

FIvcmrp.png

I'm nuclear, I'm wild
I'm breaking up inside
A heart of broken glass
Defiled
Deep inside
The abandoned child

Metal Gear Rising 2 for GamePass at the Xbox Direct
Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes remake for Switch at the Nintendo Direct

I'm not sure what Quinton Flynn would even know here; don't think he's gotten any work since he was exposed as a sexual predator, so I doubt he's returning to voice Raiden in anything new. He's not in MGS3, the one supposedly getting the remake treatment, so we can rule that out. At best he'd be in basic remasters keeping the original VA; but would he even be aware of a project like that?

I'm not sure what Quinton Flynn would even know here; don't think he's gotten any work since he was exposed as a sexual predator, so I doubt he's returning to voice Raiden in anything new. He's not in MGS3, the one supposedly getting the remake treatment, so we can rule that out. At best he'd be in basic remasters keeping the original VA; but would he even be aware of a project like that?
I've never heard this story before, so thanks, now I understand why he's been recast for NMH III.

I wish 1 was getting a remake over 3. Such a great game but aged a fair amount with some really frustrating sections.

Bring all MGS titles to Switch.

I would like to play Peace Walker (with new assets, QoL improvements and such) and Phantom Pain.

If they are reusing his original voice work he might be getting royalties for it, which he might have had to negotiate now.

(Watch it be him voicing Raiden Bomber in Super Bomberman R2 or something instead)

Copy that !

(in the french version it was trnaslated to : "duplicate this" in the most literal way : dupliques ça !)

Metal gear rising on switch would be an amazing addition to it's library of hack n slash games.
And DMC5 on a next gen switch with backwards compatibility would be the cherry on top.

Without kojima it wont be the same if they make a new one im sorry
I'll be much better without "I make a very important game about child soldiers in Africa and Ethnic Cleansinng but PLEASE LOOK AT NAKED WOMAN DOING SEXY DANCE UNDER THE RAIN OMG".

Or "Hi, I'm Black Sexy Voice Weapon Vendor who knows the back story of every boss you defeated and I will ManSplain their story for you while Snake gives 0 shits about it. Please, be sad and don't care too much for my sexy and suave voice talking about cihldrne being tortured".

I'm not sure what Quinton Flynn would even know here; don't think he's gotten any work since he was exposed as a sexual predator, so I doubt he's returning to voice Raiden in anything new.
every time I think a thread is just silly (sorry OP) it turns out to have a tinge of disturbing crimes

I fully expect and wouldn't blame Sony at all for locking anything to do with Metal Gear Solid up as an exclusive. The series has an insanely strong brand association with PlayStation and draws a lot of hype.

They'd be smart, if they haven't already, to work something out between Konami and Platinum for a PS5 exclusive Metal Gear Rising 2.

Metal gear rising on switch would be an amazing addition to it's library of hack n slash games.
This is actually very possible. Nvidia Lightspeed ported the game to Shield and now there doing Switch porting. Wouldn't be surprised if a Rising port is in one of the Directs this year.

its_nothing.gif

Haven't people been working themselves up over something MGS related for nearly a year or more at this point?

People said the same thing about Silent Hill: it's nothing; doesn't exist, etc.

The truth is that these things take time, but the MGS revival is coming. It's a sure thing.

metal_gear_rising_2_tease.jpg

It's BEEN time, dammit!

Besides, Kenji Saito deserves a W after being stuck with Babylon's Fall!

People said the same thing about Silent Hill: it's nothing; doesn't exist, etc.

The truth is that these things take time, but the MGS revival is coming. It's a sure thing.
Perhaps.

But Quinton Flynn would not have significant details on a new project that isn't just recycling old voice work.

I thought that turned out to be untrue? I had no idea..

How in the world is Snake Eater on the 3DS, but none of the original trilogy is on Switch? Outside of the Arkham collection, there is no port I’d more excited about than the original MGS trilogy being ported to Switch.

I have serious doubts it's going to happen even though a Metal Gear Rising 2 would be the hypest announcement for me. I feel like the MG franchise is dead at this point and Konami is... well, Konami.

Last edited:
Btw talking about MGSR2, I remember well that Kamiya said that PG has a multiplatform game in development.

Maybe its a sequel to MGSR?

Without kojima it wont be the same if they make a new one im sorry
I know. It might actually makes sense and be streamlined.

this is half a joke. I actually like these games and appreciate things like allowing pacifist runs and such. Sometimes Kojima can overindulge himself though.

Isn't he still voicing Axel in Kingdom Hearts?

He definitely still voices Kon (Bleach) in the recent episodes

Back
Top Bottom